NEurope
Guest Jordan

MP3 Player Guide

my 20gb ipod is the same! im gettin 18.56 gb...thats over a gig short!

Has anyone ever noticed with the Apple earphones....that after time, (not a lot of time either) they go very fuzzy when played loud?

yes it annoys the crap out of me since ive only had the hearphones for a few weeks

Is it worth gettign a nano then, if the screen can scratch really easy, i also read that the paint can come off easily, is there any truth in that?

i have had a creative zen micro for about 6 months now.

sadly my baby is becoming more and more troublesome, and an exchange for a zen sleek is being considered.

the touch pad is just becoming less and less responsive - today for examp,e, if i didnt have the remote control unit i would have had no control, as every button on the touch pad either had no effect, or turned the volume down :S

i have been notice over the last 2 or 3 months the whole player gradually running less and less smoothly with moe glitches.

any other zen micro users finding this?

I know this has been out for a while but i think it will help in some way other.

Player Itself - It has a fairly good firmware but it seem a bit outdated, excellent sound, small size and excellent battery life (30 hours) 4/5 :)

Software - This is where any sony md/mp3 player owner will tell you it sucks and yes it does but it isn't as bad as some people make out. ie it is designed for windows so you have all the similar features but thats about it 2/5 :(

So if you see it at a good price, would i recommend it? No

I would go for the NW-HD5 as it's smaller, more intutive firmware and amazing 40 hours battery and it's removable (the battery).

Then again there is the new Sony but theree bigger and 35 hours, Timewarp for Sony :heh:

Good news also as Sonicstage is going to be replaced :hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: with Connect Player which looks like a copy of iTunes but purple and grey.

i have had a creative zen micro for about 6 months now.

sadly my baby is becoming more and more troublesome, and an exchange for a zen sleek is being considered.

the touch pad is just becoming less and less responsive - today for examp,e, if i didnt have the remote control unit i would have had no control, as every button on the touch pad either had no effect, or turned the volume down :S

i have been notice over the last 2 or 3 months the whole player gradually running less and less smoothly with moe glitches.

any other zen micro users finding this?

Mine's fine as far as I can tell. I'd guess it's about three months old.

If yours is only 6 months old and you're having problems why not just send it back to be repaired/replaced though Tom? Aren't they under warranty for a year?

My brother's friend comes over all the time to upload music into his Zen Micro, and his touch pad (the strip you scroll with) is pretty much dead now. He has the sensitivity set on high and you still have to push hard and at the edges for to navigate, plus you end up going too far down or too far up. He's had it for a while but it shows that it might be too delicate for rougher, newer users.

It's a shame the iPod Nano is so fragile. It's awesomely small.

Check out this one, all the features packed into that baby! (watch the video)

DAH1500small3.jpg

anybody got the Sony NWA 1000 6Gb? was thinking of getting one but i'm not sure as on amazon you can get a sanyo 6Gb for £99.99, the sonys got better battery life and jog proof, plus I think looks better but it is an extra £30ish for pretty much the samething, what do ya think?

EDIT: Also if someone does have the player do the buttons look odd? cause i've seen a shity demo shell in tesco and the buttons really look odd compared to the rest of the unit, really see through and colour less, which is one of the main reasons i'm holding off getting one.

More new iPods? Jesus.

My christmas present, far suprior than the iPod video in everyway. Cheaper too:

creative.jpg

10 hour video battery life (yes, it has been tested.), runs on Windows XP MCE and oh it's only £170. Bargin.

20GB version is £170.

There's a 40GB version out too with an even larger screen, but i haven't seen that out in Europe, but it is out in the US.

Oh and bare in mind, anything you put on it is automatically converted by Windows Media Player 10 to the correct aspect ratio and file format.

1.2GB movies will come out as little as 600MB. You can get a hell of alot on the thing.

More new iPods? Jesus.

No, it's a skit about all the iPods Apple have released recently :heh:

It's really good.

anyone seen any reviews on a Olympus M:robe 5GB MP3 player?

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=2087

seems like a good price but i wanna know what the player is like!

I've seen several reviews as I was looking into getting one a while ago (it's blatantly the best looking mp3 player ever. Knight Rider kit-like!). Most of the reviews said it was dead sexy but the headphone socket is stupidly placed on the side of the unit and the volume is relatively low. Other than that, fairly decent if I remember rightly.

Edit: But the price has dropped considerably since then so it's very tempting now.

well I found a couple of reviews they all seemed to say it was a good player, I order one last night. I will update here when i recieve it.

anyone seen any reviews on a Olympus M:robe 5GB MP3 player?

http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=2087

seems like a good price but i wanna know what the player is like!

jordan have u got a link to the place where the 20 GB Zen creative Portable is £170 as i can only find it for £279.

Ebuyer have it for that much. Or just got on kelkoo.com ;).

I hate my ipod, everytime i touch it, it makes finger marks. And I am tempted to vigoriously wipe it away to restore its sheen.

Anyone know of anything sub-£20, just a little crappy flash one. Got a Zen Touch and thats great but when I'm walking to town to meet people at night I can't take that and just want some music to pass the time. Oh and in shops, could do with it before xmas.

I saw a little 256MB player in Tescos just the other day for £9.99. Not that pretty, but then it doesn't really need to be.

Sounds ideal, I'll have a look in when im on my way down town later. Thanks.

My ipod mini has been so abused, it looks like it was run over by a car. alot. and the 4gb memory is totally filled up

i want to replace it but i have no money aarrrrgghhhh

My Zen Touch was sent off for repairs (turns out Creative don't solder the jack in place so after a while it comes out and becomes screwy) and im thinking that when I get it back it will probably be a new unit. So I may sell it on ebay (they're going for £100ish) and get this for my birthday instead: http://www.engadget.com/2005/12/07/creatives-new-zen-vision-m-with-video/

Watching an episode of Veronica Mars on the train to and from uni (when I finally go) won't be too much of a bad thing.