NEurope
Sarka

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

So there's several ways to get support up, just to get it straight:

- Standing near eachother

- Rescue

- Heal

- Conversation

I'm talking about the game giving me the possibility to give a support and strengthen it. I know about the actual bonuses (Earth support FTW!)

I cracked... one restart too many and I'm now playing it on easy instead of normal. I've fired through the first few chapterss at ease (in 40 mins) without any hint of a retry/ death whatsoever. It won't take too long before I catch up to where I was at this rate. Its not too difficult to notice the difference between the number of enemies on the maps and everything- there are even different objectives on easy.

I still have my couple of files from normal so I can always go back to it when I'm feeling man enough!

Finally bought this game today (was supposed to get this together with No more Heroes on release), but I'm not going to play it yet, since I have Path of Radiance still to complete. I've started over without finishing my first run, although I still have the savefile just in case. With that one I was at chapter 21 I believe. I've started over in preparation of Radiant Dawn, to get the best team possible. So does anyone have any general advice?

I'm already more conscious of who's getting exp, I already have a general idea of who I'm gonna use, and I'll use GameFaqs for any new recruits (got most of them so far in my old save, with and without the help of GameFaqs, but I did kill Shinon for example.. Eventhough I do not intend to use him).

Can you carry over items, even from the convoy? I haven't used any stat increasing items I've gotten so far in the new file, I'll save them for near the end, or even for Radiant Dawn if possible. And just to be clear, I'm playing PoR on normal, so that means "easy" for me on RD?

And again, I'd appreciate any general tips..

From what i've read, apparently your 20/20 characters in PoR get either an initial stat bonus or an increase in their caps for the stats they maxed in PoR.

Also weapon levels are transferred, as long as the weapon level gained is better than the level it would've gotten (I don't know about Brom though, who switches weaponry).

Coins are useful now, apparently they get transferred too, but i don't know where exactly.

Also, the way the game is set up, you'll be using almost every character at least once, so you can never go wrong with capping someone.

About savegames, it seems to be fixed in the european version. I used a normal playthrough on PoR for my normal RD game, though i also had the option of using my hard playthrough for it.

The first part has the least recurring characters, so if you want some bonuses there you're best off maxing out Jill and Ilyana in PoR.

Just opened the game tonight and started playing and already im confused in terms of the storyline.

I finished the first game a while back now but im sure everyone teamed up to beat the Daein Empire as stated in the cutscene at the start of the game. So how come the Begnion Empire are the bad guys now? Didnt they help you in PoR or am I all mixed up?

Finally I miss my broody mage Soren, that guy was awesome.

Just opened the game tonight and started playing and already im confused in terms of the storyline.

I finished the first game a while back now but im sure everyone teamed up to beat the Daein Empire as stated in the cutscene at the start of the game. So how come the Begnion Empire are the bad guys now? Didnt they help you in PoR or am I all mixed up?

From what I understood, the people of Daein are not happy with Begnion in charge of Daein.

From what I understood, the people of Daein are not happy with Begnion in charge of Daein.

But why are Begnion a nasty piece of work now or should I just shut up and continue playing? :)

But why are Begnion a nasty piece of work now or should I just shut up and continue playing? :)

Actually, I don't know. I just read the initial plot summary.

I would assume it's because Begnion are elitist jerks and consider Daein to be just a mere colony [/speculation]

It was implied in PoR that this might happen.

Don't worry, it will all be explained. Them sub-humans don't get it either, so they'll spell it out for you ;)

I just kinda rolled with it. I'm only at Part 2, so hopefully all will come clear.

I never understand your Soren love. As soon as I saw him in PoR I thought he was a dead cert to be an undercover baddie, and I never trusted him- so I never used him. Illyana with her hunger pains became my mage of choice, so (spoilers!!) it was great to get her back in the opening chapters of Radiant Dawn. I'm not looking forward to seeing Soren again in this one, infact, it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if he is one of the bad guys.

I just kinda rolled with it. I'm only at Part 2, so hopefully all will come clear.

I never understand your Soren love. As soon as I saw him in PoR I thought he was a dead cert to be an undercover baddie, and I never trusted him- so I never used him. Illyana with her hunger pains became my mage of choice, so (spoilers!!) it was great to get her back in the opening chapters of Radiant Dawn. I'm not looking forward to seeing Soren again in this one, infact, it wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if he is one of the bad guys.

I think its because he isnt your typical goody goody hero. He realised it was war and that harsh decsions have to be made to get the job done.

nah, Soren was cool; he was cold, but not the type that will be a traitor, he just kept to himself I guess.

In PoR and RD no nation is Good or Evil. It's the leaders of those nations that are Good/Evil. The Begnion Senate were bad guys in PoR, the Apostle being a good guy (or rather, girl).

If you bare that in mind then things will begin to make sense. Basically you are fighting to liberate the people of Daein, who haven't really done anything wrong. You're playing good-hearted people fighting for a good cause.

Soren is awesome! I half expected him to be a traitor too, but i trained him and Illyana up in PoR regardless. He was the most powerfull mage in PoR, leagues ahead of Illyana (who i also used, i like my mages).

Ok, i think im finally stuck.

I totally ruined the splitting up units thing, thinking micaiah couldn't possibly get chapters as tough as ike's. So i kept the Dawn brigade mostly intact (leo,edward, nolan, laura, aran, volug). Now I'm back to part one all over again where the all die in 1 or 2 hits, only now there's elsleep and elsilence being used on the stronger units, so they become useless as well...the only solution might be to simply rout the entire map with naesala, but yea that's like 2k exp i'd be saying goodbye to.

Any tips? I'm on the desert map where lekain and that bishop senator are. The big plus they have is that i brought 3 pegasus knights over to this group, so i do have mobility but there's so many archers around as well!

:confused:

Contiuned on it today. Part 1 has some seriously unbalanced characters. I got one level 3 class 1 Armoured Knight(whos stats doesn't make sense) and one level 33 laguz? Come on...way to many class two characters.

Does anyone know why I wasn't able to choose Fiona, Jill and that class two knight in chapter 8? They were in red colour.

I'm on Part 4 now. Story staring to pick up again after Part 3.

The Greil Mercenaries are so powerful now. Gatrie, Shinon, Soren, Rolf, Mia are all amazingly strong.

Didn't the game say Ike and Soren had kids or did I imagine it?
Who's the mother!? Soren or Ike? :heh:

Didn't the game say Ike and Soren had kids or did I imagine it?

Who's the mother!? Soren or Ike? :heh:

Damn! I guess it was just a matter of time until that pairing was mentioned here, but this way? :heh:

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised. I find it strangely believable. :heh:

Actually, Micaiah DOES say Ike is father to Sothe's children. So i guess Soren would be the mother ;)

Lost Mordecai in the 14th round of the end battle. I was so sure the boss was the last enemy left, but to my surprise there was enemy hidden amongst my own men. With them together Mordecai had two hp too little to survive. Since I had played on that very big map for so long I saw it as a sacrifice for the greater good. Although, the greater good didn't include killing the boss since Mordecai's death screwed up whole tactic of killing the boss. I just didn't want to replay all those 14 rounds and possible lose another character instead.

Nice return of Ike's group. I was surprised to see Ike's huge muscles.

The story is getting very interesting.

Can yellow allies be killed? I lost Lethe in chapter 2, or maybe it was 3. That girl was crazy, charging on to every enemy with barely any hp left. Stupid AI

Nice surprise to suddenly see a class two character evolve to class three. My Nephenee is going to be so awesome^^

It's a bit annoying to suddenly get characters from part one a whole class beneath the ones I got in part 3.

Can yellow allies be killed? I lost Lethe in chapter 2, or maybe it was 3. That girl was crazy, charging on to every enemy with barely any hp left. Stupid AI

Remember you can give yellow units directions. You're supposed to get Lethe in your party during most of part 3 (ike's team) so if she died and you didn't get her by, say, chapter 8 then you're not gonna get her at all.

The easiest ways are to either pick avoid or target them right behind your main force so there's no risk of them being attacked by reinforcements either.

How does that one work?

Ask Micaiah :p

I did. The only answer i got was WTF?

If Soren is the mother then how can Ike be the father of Sothe's children?

Unless in the world of Fire Emblem kids have 3 parents? :wtf:

Im pretty sure it doesn't matter. I lost either her or her sister, can't remember which one and i still have Lethe in my party. Both appear in the story.

TBH though i can't stand the Laguz in battle. I don't like having to protect units in battle, every one of my characters has to be able to stand up for him/herself ALL of the time. Even my healer can lay the smack down on 3 or 4 attacking enemies before i need to worry :yay:

I finally beat Part 2 End Game, was really hard. I had to reset far too many times before I finally beat it. I dread to think what it will be like on hard (maniac :P) mode.

So Micaiah said it was Sothe's kids? I thought she said Soren. I guess Sothe makes more sense, seems she was making fun of him since he keeps talking about him.