NEurope
Sarka

Disaster: Day of Crisis

I'm so bored of coming on here with my own opinion and being told i'm not allowed to think what i'm thinking. it's stupid..i rather spend time with the people in the real-world and be spoken down too.

Boo-hoo, cry me a river. If you can't take it when people disagree with you, you shouldn't venture into discussions, specially on the internet.

Boo-hoo, cry me a river. If you can't take it when people disagree with you, you shouldn't venture into discussions, specially on the internet.

Well i never listen to you anyway, so i'm not gonna start now. Your one of the most opinionated people on here.

Well i never listen to you anyway, so i'm not gonna start now. Your one of the most opinionated people on here.

Yes I am, because I'm not afraid of random anonymous people disagreeing with me and saying I'm this or that. Seriously, I'm always being labeled and dissed, let me dig up an example... wait for it...

Man, that was hard to find! I think I'm going to whine about it.

I also love the consistency

"I'm so bored of coming on here with my own opinion and being told i'm not allowed to think what i'm thinking. it's stupid."

"Well i never listen to you anyway, so i'm not gonna start now. Your one of the most opinionated people on here."

I salute you good sir.

Seriously, this is an Internet discussion, opinions are always being thrown around, Nintendo fans specially are always getting slated, as this is more Anti-N-Europe that anything else, do you really think you're a usual target of being told your opinion is wrong?

Proceed with discussions.

I think Owen is right in regards to opinions, I even mentioned this over on the Staff board in the topic where Tom was on about what can be done about improving the site.

There was a time when you could come on here and discuss things without members talking down to you, now if one person doesnt agree with another it ends up in a flamewar ala Gamefaqs.

This isnt really the time and place for this discussion though.

Yes I am, because I'm not afraid of random anonymous people disagreeing with me and saying I'm this or that. Seriously, I'm always being labeled and dissed, let me dig up an example... wait for it...

Man, that was hard to find! I think I'm going to whine about it.

I also love the consistency

"I'm so bored of coming on here with my own opinion and being told i'm not allowed to think what i'm thinking. it's stupid."

"Well i never listen to you anyway, so i'm not gonna start now. Your one of the most opinionated people on here."

I salute you good sir.

Seriously, this is an Internet discussion, opinions are always being thrown around, Nintendo fans specially are always getting slated, as this is more Anti-N-Europe that anything else, do you really think you're a usual target of being told your opinion is wrong?

Proceed with discussions.

I don't listen to people who don't allow others to have a opinion? Thats wrong is it? Don't think so..Look back on most of your posts and 9/10 there big-headed, i know everyone, your wrong type posts about some shit or other..and i cannot stand people like that..

Most people on here (minus quite a few) can have a mature discussion and state peoples opinions are wrong in a way without re-sorting to actually blatently saying the persons opinion is wrong, like you do...

Hero-Of-Time, Redshell, ShadowV7, Dante, Daft, LukeLee, Darren..these people are nice people who give there opinions and take others without coming across as a prat, i know who i'll be listening too from now on..those who can actually listen to me.

Hero-Of-Time, Redshell, ShadowV7, Dante, Daft, LukeLee, Darren..

:o I shall be taking my business elsewhere.

You understand that by saying that you yourself are being big headed right? Nice. You want to take more jabs, PM me or wtvr, just keep this shit out of a thread about a specific game that is waaaay off topic

:o I shall be taking my business elsewhere.

and you, though it's too late to mention you now...:heh: and besides, it'll be a long list of names cause most of the people are great on here..just a few ruin the experience..

i'll just ignore you Hellfire mate, can't really be arsed to write out a message and send you one...waste more time, i think.

This isn't funny anymore. Owen, I'm sorry we're all being awfully offensive enough to put you in defence mode. I take back my opinion that you typed only 3 1st party Wii games and that you said you wanted Gears 2.

I was wrong.

I'm with Hellfire, this is just the accumulated feeling of people coming here to say little more than "this is shit, I'm buying something for 360/PS3 instead". You people bare in mind this is primarily a Nintendo forum who's main interest lays on Wii games and nothing else. As right or wrong as your decisions might be, this isn't the place to say it.

I'm with Hellfire, this is just the accumulated feeling of people coming here to say little more than "this is shit, I'm buying something for 360/PS3 instead". You people bare in mind this is primarily a Nintendo forum who's main interest lays on Wii games and nothing else. As right or wrong as your decisions might be, this isn't the place to say it.

I'm a Nintendo fan? Wanting Animal Crossing, Wario Land: Shake It, Wii Music and Disaster? All i said was..in my opinion the 360/PS3 line-up is better then the Wii one?

Well its two consoles together against one in a bad year. I'd say you are right.

I don't see why everyone's going for Owen, he said he's looking forward to the Wii lineup but isn't particularly hyped for anything. I'd understand it if he was saying the Wii lineup is utter shit and there's NO games coming out for it like some people have been, but he's not.

It hurts to read threads like these when things turn sour.

Especially when I remember that I used to be at the frontlines of these petty arguments.

What Owen is saying is that whilst the Wii does have an alright line-up (i mean, Disaster and some 3rd party offerings look quite impressive), the line up could be better.

I doubt I'll be buying anything on the console this year because we've had our lot for the year (that said MK and Brawl weren't as good as I was hoping); and 3rd party offerings don't interest as much because i've already got 3-4 games I want on 360 and need money elsewhere too.

Now back to Disaster, it could easily turn out to be a pretty good game, maybe with a few flaws though and an on-rails section doesn't sound appealing to me. Maybe we can discuss the game more on the games own thread?

I'm with Hellfire too. It's a Nintendo forum. I'm sick of hearing on here about how great the PS3 is, it's oversized, overpriced shite. It has accumulated in it's lifespan ONE exclusive that has an average score of over 90% on Gamerankings. Nearly every single multi-platform game on the PS3 has got a lower score than its 360 counterpart. Oh and whilst I'm on this if I hear another person whining about Wii codes - well bugger off and try to register MGS4 online.

But yeh, hey I'm far more 'hyped' about the PS3 than the Wii woah yeah!!!

on a sidenote being an RPG junkie... yesterday I actually took a dip into what rpg's are coming for PS3... and I encountered...

Wii:

Arc Rise Fantasia

Fragile

Rune Factory

Bonds of Gold/Kizuna

King Story

Monster Lab

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Harvest Moon

Untitled 2009's main Tales of game

Sword of Legendia

FFCC: My Life as a King

Shiren the Wanderer 3: The Sleeping Princess in the Clockwork Palace

Moon's Peak (From Software)

Opoona

Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers

Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon

Monster Hunter 3

Baroque

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Harvest Moon

Super Paper Mario (hey it's a sequel to Mario RPG's)

Dragon Quest Swords (on-rails+rpg elements)

Plus highly rumored:

Skies of Arcadia 2

Kingdom hearts (nomura will pull hairs for this to not materialize)

Dragon Quest X

Shining Force game

Camelot RPG

etc

PS3, you say?

FFXIII

FF versus XIII

Disgaea 3

Folklore

Last Remnant

White Knight Story

Valkyria Chronicles

Tears to Tiara

Eternal Sonata

Rumored:

Tales of Vesperia port

Star Ocean 4 port

FFVII remake

Sure, there's no equivalent to disgaea out on the Wii just yet (who even on PS3 seems like a PS1 game graphically), but damn if I didn't do the right choice. Of course I'll demand more, namely Square-enix support and all that, but to be honest I care more about Atlus RPG's for instance, than any Square-enix one these days (well, scratch FFVI and Chrono Trigger from that generalization), I sort of only care for Square-enix to lead the way.

Even X360 with all the moneyhats fails to compete in quantity with this, and honestly screw them and their moneyhats, I pray for the day they end and the market follows it's path, putting games where they make sense.

Seriously, in a way it's PSP all over again, "hey we have a new FFVII spin-off" and what did we have? a massive wave of RPG's. We actually do, 2009 is shaping up to be a good year in that sense.

This is all offtopic right, but hey, monolith is the developer of xenogears, chrono trigger, baten kaitos and xenosaga, do we honestly think they aren't developing Wii RPG's? I'll be damned.

Come on guys, kiss and make up :)

I think all three have some great games coming up this year, Xbox has Gears 2 (only game im buying for it, PS3 has Little Big PLanet (I simply cannot wait)

And although the Wii doesn't have a game as good as these this year; I'm looking forward to MORE Wii games - De Blob, Guitar Hero 4, Animal Crossing (begrudgingly), Disaster, Shaun White, Skate it etc etc.

Next year will be different though - wii all the way (crosses fingers)

I think we all need to calm down before I start issuing infractions and thread bans. Hellfire, you in particular need to calm it.

So, we've all had a good nights sleep and calmed down now I hope. I said in the Conduit thread that if you are on here to argue, then it would probably be better taking a break and playing some games. Tbh, I'm not overly hyped about anything on the Wii thats been announced for between now and Christmas either (I've been purposefully not looking at stuff to do with Wario Land actually, loved the previous WL's, so I don't want to know everything about the Wii one). We can discuss what line up is better all we want, but this isn't the thread to get too much into it.

Be men and take it on the chin when someone doesn't agree with you- it'd be boring if everyone agreed. :heh:

Pedro, nice list. Shiren 3 is out in Japan already afaik- it needs to get over here, but I'm not so confident it will. :(

lol, I've just looked at this thread this morning. I thought most of us were able to hold a discussion without getting all personal and argumentative. Yeah we're all nintendo fans, but it doesn't mean we have to be blindly in love with the company and because most members here will have an xbox360 / PS3 as well as a Wii then its natural they'll discuss it.

I don't talk on here as much as I used to, I dont have time in the evenings and generally dont see many discussions that interest me enough to get involved. However, I know there are some really amazing people on here and overall I always found it much more friendly then the likes of GAMEFAQS.

I love nintendo exclusives, i think Nintendo make the best games, but i think the line up for the rest of this year is quite poor. The only nintendo exclusive I am half looking forward to is Animal Crossing and from what media is out there I think it could have been so much more. The other games I am looking forward to are non-exclusives like Force Unleashed and lego batman. To be honest if I had a PS3 or 360 i'd get the non exclusives on one of these, because graphically they are usually better and same goes for online, I might reconsider my stand if 3rd parties really made the effort to make wii controls something more the 'waggle'.

on a sidenote being an RPG junkie... yesterday I actually took a dip into what rpg's are coming for PS3... and I encountered...

Wii:

Arc Rise Fantasia

Fragile

Rune Factory

Bonds of Gold/Kizuna

King Story

Monster Lab

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Harvest Moon

Untitled 2009's main Tales of game

Sword of Legendia

FFCC: My Life as a King

Shiren the Wanderer 3: The Sleeping Princess in the Clockwork Palace

Moon's Peak (From Software)

Opoona

Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers

Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo's Dungeon

Monster Hunter 3

Baroque

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

Harvest Moon

Super Paper Mario (hey it's a sequel to Mario RPG's)

Dragon Quest Swords (on-rails+rpg elements)

Plus highly rumored:

Skies of Arcadia 2

Kingdom hearts (nomura will pull hairs for this to not materialize)

Dragon Quest X

Shining Force game

Camelot RPG

etc

PS3, you say?

FFXIII

FF versus XIII

Disgaea 3

Folklore

Last Remnant

White Knight Story

Valkyria Chronicles

Tears to Tiara

Eternal Sonata

Rumored:

Tales of Vesperia port

Star Ocean 4 port

FFVII remake

Sure, there's no equivalent to disgaea out on the Wii just yet (who even on PS3 seems like a PS1 game graphically), but damn if I didn't do the right choice. Of course I'll demand more, namely Square-enix support and all that, but to be honest I care more about Atlus RPG's for instance, than any Square-enix one these days (well, scratch FFVI and Chrono Trigger from that generalization), I sort of only care for Square-enix to lead the way.

Even X360 with all the moneyhats fails to compete in quantity with this, and honestly screw them and their moneyhats, I pray for the day they end and the market follows it's path, putting games where they make sense.

Seriously, in a way it's PSP all over again, "hey we have a new FFVII spin-off" and what did we have? a massive wave of RPG's. We actually do, 2009 is shaping up to be a good year in that sense.

This is all offtopic right, but hey, monolith is the developer of xenogears, chrono trigger, baten kaitos and xenosaga, do we honestly think they aren't developing Wii RPG's? I'll be damned.

To be honest, most of those RPG's don't use a real control scheme for a RPG

And those who do, much of them suck

And from the ones who don't suck, most of them will not come to Europe

And those who do, most of them will be hard to bust.

So, we're not that lucky.

Also, FF13 pwns that games easily.

So you've played all those games, AND FF13? Well, you've achieved more than the press.

In sales maybe... we don't have a numbered Final Fantasy sure, but in all honesty, gameplay of such game has been sucking and FFXIII seems to have crisis core gameplay, that's "run and press A" (and see a cutscene in the middle) it sucks.

I can pull a list of RPG's that I think that kicked FFX (well, almost every RPG kicked FFX) and FFXII last gen, yeah they were the more expensive ones to make, yeah they were the biggest sellers. But were they the best ones? hell no, for me.

It's time for square to step up, yes, but I want them to step up as an example for companies that follow, such as atlus.

The game I'm antecipating the most from Square-Enix is Sigma Harmonics, I think that says a lot for what I think of newer FF's and other stuff.

Pedro, nice list. Shiren 3 is out in Japan already afaik- it needs to get over here, but I'm not so confident it will. :(
It's sort of confirmed to US :)