NEurope
Stocka

Sonic Wild Fire Discussion

Looks very nice and hearing good things. We'll have to see how this evolves

Screenshots don't do it justice, it looked lovely in motion in the small clip in the conference, pretty lighting.

Into movie:

http://sega.jp/asx/pr/sonicwildfire_bb.asx

May have problems viewing though, as I am.

The video kind of played back using Videolan.....but at the end it locked up my pc.

Its just a clip of Sonic holding and flipping the Wii controller like in this picture:

Wii_sonic_art_wht.jpg

He looks at the controller and says: "finally something interesting", points at the screen, shooting a fireball with his hand, then a flame appears on his his chest, he then says "lets do it" and then runs towards the screen.

Then the Logo appears.

IGN's description kind of makes it out to be like a 3D Sonic Rush (well that's what I get from it). Of course, that's not a bad thing, now is it. Graphics look pretty basic though.

Meh, even after the IGN hands on Im still not interested. Ive never been a Sonic fan and Heroes did nothing to change that, looks like this one will fail too. Ah well, to each their own.

i'm only annoyed because this looks like it only uses tilts. So could end up on the PS3.

Looks VERY hot in motion, the sensitivity still needs a lot of work apparently.

i'm only annoyed because this looks like it only uses tilts. So could end up on the PS3.

Wasnt Sonic WilFire said as an exclusive to the Wii?

I just watched the vid, and the screenshots are utter shit compared to it, completly changed my opinion, Sonic finally moves like he should.

Wasnt Sonic WilFire said as an exclusive to the Wii?

That was said before anyone realised that motion detectors were installed on the ps3. Lots of exclusives will be lost where the controllers can match functions. A lot of the 'exclusives' this generation were time limited and could easily be ported. The wii controller was meant to be a barrier.

ps3 pad motion sensing isn't quick enough for this game.

From what ign say... this game sounds fantastic, a 3d sonic like it should be (completely different to every other 3d sonic title)

not impressed. which is kinda sad, because im a sonic nut, and enjoyed all of the cube versions. (including the one with the hedgehog with a gun...)

i would much prefer the one that is coming to ps3 and xbox360. looks like an overall better game. ahh well. wii will miss out again.

(gettit??? i used wii in a double meaning!!!)

That was said before anyone realised that motion detectors were installed on the ps3. Lots of exclusives will be lost where the controllers can match functions. A lot of the 'exclusives' this generation were time limited and could easily be ported. The wii controller was meant to be a barrier.

No; i doubt it. PS3 pad and Wiimote are completely different things. PS3 only has tilt sensors, so if any games are lost, it'll be an extremely small amount.

Games like Madden Wii, Red Steel...cannot be done with the ps3 pad.

I have mixed feelings about that trailer. It seemed like it may be rail based. Not sure if that's good or not for sonic in 3d.... Gonna have to wait and see.

I have mixed feelings about that trailer. It seemed like it may be rail based. Not sure if that's good or not for sonic in 3d.... Gonna have to wait and see.

IMHO, it may be the only way to truly have a 3d sonic.

2d sonics were all about running and jumping from a to b as fast as you can.

The 3d sonics of old didn't capture this, and that is why they semi-suck(i love adventure).

However, this sonic seems to capture the 2d sonics in a 3d game. My only concern was that it looked quite slow; that may possibly be because of the guy playing it though.

Rather than positioning the game as yet another free-roaming adventure, each level instead acts as a rollercoaster of sorts, sending Sonic on a pre-determined path, while giving the player full control over movement and speed.

I was right; the guy playing it was just taking it easy.

IMHO, it may be the only way to truly have a 3d sonic.

2d sonics were all about running and jumping from a to b as fast as you can.

The 3d sonics of old didn't capture this, and that is why they semi-suck(i love adventure).

However, this sonic seems to capture the 2d sonics in a 3d game. My only concern was that it looked quite slow; that may possibly be because of the guy playing it though.

I was right; the guy playing it was just taking it easy.

I completely agree.

There's nothing more annoying than watching a guy playing this type of game slowly.

Ya thats what I was thinking.... still..... so many crapy games have occured between sonic 3 & knuckles and now :(