NEurope
Stocka

Sonic Wild Fire Discussion

There was a thread made for this in the wii Discussion board but as this is where all the hype is and its possible we could see a video of it in the conference, heres a thread for it. :smile:

Wii_sonic_art_wht.jpg

Sonic The Hedgehog Rewrites the Arabian Nights in a Completely New Adventure Exclusive to the Wii Console

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (May 9, 2006) - SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe Ltd. today announced Sonic Wild Fire (working title) exclusively for the Wii™. Developed by SEGA Studios, Sonic Wild Fire stars the Blue dude with the 'tude on his first solo adventure since the original Sonic The Hedgehog™ in 1991. This intense and exciting action game takes advantage of the innovative Wii™ controller as Sonic combines his trademark high-speed action with easy to play controls to offer a brand new experience!

Sonic's new adventure unfolds from a storybook of the classic tale, Arabian Nights, the last several pages from the book have gone missing, and it's up to Sonic to re-create the story. The vibrant environments provide for a refreshingly new look to the franchise filled with brightly colored mosaic tiles, glistening oases, swaying palm trees, and crumbling stone columns. Sonic activates specific areas in the prismatic environment to pull off new tricks and stunts, in addition to interacting head-on with various obstacles by jumping, dodging, and dashing.

"Sonic Wild Fire and the innovative Wii controller changes the way gamers play interactive entertainment," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of SEGA of America, Inc. "SEGA is excited to lead the gameplay revolution through its support of Wii with a Sonic release built exclusively for this new system."

Gamers will use the Wii controller to steer Sonic and experience an untapped freedom in gameplay and control. Hold the controller horizontally with two hands and tilt left and right to steer Sonic on different paths and maneuver deftly from obstacles and enemies. Continue to tilt and fling forward to dash-attack ground and air enemies and to break down barriers. In addition to the main game is an array of unique controller-focused mini-games which make Sonic Wild Fire fun to play alone or as a multiplayer game with friends. Get ready for a refreshing adventure that puts you on the forefront of gaming!

Sonic Wild Fire will be dashing to Wii's everywhere in 2007.

http://www.sega.com/e3/2006/announcements_tp.php?item=pr_20060509a

I don't know if I like it yet because of the whole 'Arabian Nights' thing.Sounds to me like you'll just be doing doing things from Arabian Nights.I really hope i'm wrong because right now I prefer the PS3/360 version.

I actually quite like the sound of the Arbian Nights twist. Sonic has long since bored me, but this has left me slightly intrigued.

It looks gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to find out how they pulled off the gameplay.

I can't believe there isn't more discussion about this game. After playing the amazing Sonic Rush, i will definitely be getting this. They're going for speed and gameplay, which is exactly what made Sonic Rush so amazing.

Looks great. Hopefully it will rock. As for the Ps3/XBox 360 game a port would be nice but Wii has an exclusive so HAHA!

Looks a lot better, than the last few attemps at a 3d sonic game.

Looks great. Hopefully it will rock. As for the Ps3/XBox 360 game a port would be nice but Wii has an exclusive so HAHA!

The only reason the Wii isn't getting ports of titles like Sonic and Resident Evil 5 is probably because it is simply not powerful enough.

Still i'm very happy that Sega are compensating for Nintendo.: peace:

Does anyone else think that since Yuji Naka has just started of a new small developing studio he will be making small budget titles. And we all know the best place for small budget games is the DS and the Wii!

The only reason the Wii isn't getting ports of titles like Sonic and Resident Evil 5 is probably because it is simply not powerful enough.

The ONLY reason?

I'd say the control scheme allows for much more usage than just ports.

yeah if there was more footage I'd chat about it more but I've hardly seen anything. In fact.. generally where the hell is all the footage and screenies, why does it seem like a lot of journalists have gone E3 and are merely having fun and not reporting back!

After seeing it in action im more than happy.

Couldn't agree more! Even the crowd cheered when it came on (i think, lol).

Looks bright, colourful and graphically very nice. :D

Shame it's out 2007, but we do need some titles out then obviously. :laughing:

Looks equally as good as the PS3 and 360 version, but we have the controller.

This has me vaguely interested.. the control schemes for 3D Sonics up until now have been seriously below par.

I will consider this if they control scheme is okay.. and preferibly if they ditch the techno.

Oh come Ndork everyone loves Techno!

Umm Tis Umm Tis Umm Tis!

Little Fish Big Fish Cardboard Box!

Hahah yeah, but when you're stressed out and can't work out a tough puzzle or get past a boss the last thing you want is looping high hats over some j-pop.

It can be nice when you're in the mood but most of the time I can't sync with it.

That was what was so good about the WipeOut soundtrack, it was perfect whatever mood you're in.

I'd probably just mute it, but the control scheme is the most important thing for me.

The ONLY reason?

I'd say the control scheme allows for much more usage than just ports.

Do you really think developers would bother with making a whole new game instead of simply porting an already existing game with modified controls?

McMad, Activision did.. on the whole though you are right.

Most developpers would rather bolt on a Wii control engine to a ported game than create an entirely new game.

Don't get me started on Activision, they need to redeem themselves for what they have done.

I disagree, if a 360 game (advanced war fight, the best looking so far), is avaible on the ps2, then I think any port is possible.

I must see it,here goes.Good find can't wait to see it.Ah that's the one i've seen :p,SEGAs been watching to much FMA :heh:

This game sounds fantastic.Must see footage soon,I had my doubts at first but i'm falling for it :)