N-Europe

Wii Hardware Discussion

Ashley

Well it makes sense to have one. Imagine accidentally letting go of it and watching it fly into the TV. That would screw up your game good and proper. I wonder what would happen in Tony Hawks if you spun the controller round and round on your wrist.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it makes sense to have one. Imagine accidentally letting go of it and watching it fly into the TV. That would screw up your game good and proper. I wonder what would happen in Tony Hawks if you spun the controller round and round on your wrist.

Cant wait to find out!!!:bouncy:

:yay: all those years spent practing spinning pencils would not have been wasted !

http://www.engadget.com/2006/05/10/hands-on-with-nintendos-wii-controller/

:sad: ... This is concerning. Seems to be issues with the sensetivity of the controller and certain movements not being picked up, a number of gaming websites have mentioned this. I hope this won't occur with the final product, how are games supposed to be good if the control remains significantly flawed? I'm sorry Reggie, but Twilight Princess won't be perfect and will not surpass Ocarina Of Time if these control issues remains, seeing that the game is 80% complete, they'll most likely tweak these issues though. Hopefully in the final product, sensetivity can be adjusted to suit each game...

Fingers crossed Nintendo address these issues before Wii launches...

Guest Jordan
Im sure that by release they will have fixed all isues, sensetivity should be changeable in the settings anyway...

Apparently its auto setting, the Wiimote will get used to your movements and calibrate itself to that.

ahhm I don´t think they need time to fix it! It´s just that the guy has to practice!!!! It´s like using an analogstick for the first time...it´s hard...

lurning curve anyone...you cant consider to be perfect from second one...it´s as sensitive as throwing dart. so if you have 1 or 2 hours with your FPS you should be able to control every game that fits the pointingstyle-usage...

Everybody, gamer and nongamer, will start @ the same point of abbility and wiimote-skill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That´s exactly what I hoped for!!!!!

But moving your hand and wrist is soo natural that it should be adapted very fast!

I know the first time in my life i used a mouse on the pc in windows 3.11.

It was hard to hit the icons right! But today I can even paint with my mouse...

think about what i said!!! It´s not that you pick up a game and you instantly have full control better then a control-style that´s branded into your brain for 15 or more years now!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rayman = best looking game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mozlapunk.net/homepage/index.php?p=296

You thought the short footage in the pressconference was prerendered?

Think again.... yes

Rayman = best looking wii-game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mozlapunk.net/homepage/index.php?p=296

05-11-06--Eyesonrayman.jpg

you thought that was a prerendered video? think again!!!

Show´s that the square/enix-games shown can be unexpectidly realtime-graphics and no renders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bouncy:

here is the video!!!! It´s in realtime on wii-hardware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you see all this great usage of fur-shaders?????????? http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/821/821585/vids_1.html

Guest Stefkov

thos VC pics do it justice imo. i think it would be great scrolling through old classics. and that rayman does look pretty cool, with the fro

i personally hate the VC pics... it would be silly having to scroll through loads of titles to find the one you want. I really hope it's not what the Wii's menu will look like either

I assume that pic is what comes up after you have chosen your game.

Just thinking about the Home button. Wouldn't there need to be a button to set the Wii's "home" position? If you were to move to the other end of the room, the controllwe would get confused with the huge movement. So maybe press the home button to stop movement, press it agian to reposition the Wii-mote? Well, I think there'd need to be some sort of button like that.