NEurope
Ashley

Wii Hardware Discussion

11th December I think they are due in.

So they aren't doing their own brand ones either then?

Don't know about their own ones.

Wii Remote as Mouse Pointer:

They've got the IR data hacked now. Just the nunchuck left to do.

just one question... I don't have wireless network here at home.. and I will need the lan adaptor for the wii.. now.. if I can't findt that one tommorow.. will I still be able to use my wii?? I think I read somewhere that you had to download some updates for the WiI to work

just one question... I don't have wireless network here at home.. and I will need the lan adaptor for the wii.. now.. if I can't findt that one tommorow.. will I still be able to use my wii?? I think I read somewhere that you had to download some updates for the WiI to work

Only the VC and something to do with SD cards need the update to work. Wii games, createing a Mii and Gc games all should work fine!

Woah, these guys are working really fast... first compatible, then HL2 now IR.

When this works well I'll get the drivers to use my Wiimote on the Laptop. : peace:

This actually means the PS3 could be Wiimote compatible with a firmware upgrade.

This actually means the PS3 could be Wiimote compatible with a firmware upgrade.

yeah this thought had crossed my mind actually...

yep it's compatible, after all it is the "Nintendo Wi-fi USB adapter", not the "Nintendo DS Wi-fi USB Adapter"

My dongle still works :D Seems that will be my only method of connecting to the VC for now.

Unless the usb to ethernet ive got already works, then oh well.

My dongle still works :D Seems that will be my only method of connecting to the VC for now.

Unless the usb to ethernet ive got already works, then oh well.

This is great news. Becouse I'm going to buy a media center pc to connect to my LCD Tv. And I just hate the mouse function on the media center keyboard. So now I can use the Wiimote for the Wii and the Media Center! I must say: I like it! :laughing:

This is great news. Becouse I'm going to buy a media center pc to connect to my LCD Tv. And I just hate the mouse function on the media center keyboard. So now I can use the Wiimote for the Wii and the Media Center! I must say: I like it! :laughing:

Great idea! Im building a Media Center at the moment (see the Tech board), it would be great if the Wiimote could be customised as a Mouse and Remote control!

BTW, anyone know if the Wii works with GC/N64 cables?

Waiting in line this morning. A guy asked about the composite cables, I suspect he meant Component cables, however he said they'd been put back to next week. So im gonna get that next week.

Grr i want play it!

BTW, anyone know if the Wii works with GC/N64 cables?

no, end of cable that goes into wii is new propertiary socket.

no, end of cable that goes into wii is new propertiary socket.

:mad: i hate it when they do this :(

:mad: i hate it when they do this :(

yeah is the first time ninty have done though I think- my gamecube scart socket worked on my snes anyhow.

So does anyone know when Nintendo are launching a lan adapter, for the wii, because if you have adsl and the dongle keeps resetting itself

Batterys seem to last ages! Been playing since 3pm yesterday (local shop was kind guy) Went to sleep around 2am, back on at 9am and still batterys show full!

Id recommend that people turn off Wii Remote speaker volume and rumble as soon as possible in order to save the battery. Or if you like spending alot of money on batteries keep it on.

A while back someone here posted a way of getting your DS online with a Wifi PCI card. Is there a similar thing for Wii?