N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either that or they get more translators in. It's not like they have to translate from japanese to english to the other languages. The english should already be done for the US version. Get some more localisation people in.

It seem to me like that old Animal Crossing comic...if only I could find it.

Do you mean this one

digestcartoon3.jpg

Localization could also mean having enough game units for launch?

Easily solved if they used the discs for Kart and Fit :wink:

We never expected those games early so it would have made little difference to us if we got them a bit later, it would just seem "normal", but this delay for Brawl as well past "normal" by now

Easily solved if they used the discs for Kart and Fit :wink:

We never expected those games early so it would have made little difference to us if we got them a bit later, it would just seem "normal", but this delay for Brawl as well past "normal" by now

But the Brawl disks are special, remember? Something about the first Wii disks to have gold in or something. So yeah, they can't just use Kart and Fit disks sadly.

Still, I'm very pissed off that we may not be seeing this for another 6 months, that's ridiculous.

One thing that I've thought of everytime they delay a game like this; why don't they just give us the bloody american game.

All they need to do is change color to colour, meter to metre and so on.

Not trying to sound a dick but we people who have english as our first language have to wait for those that don't. This is the reason I've gone off nintendo. Believe me I was a fanboy, I'm still associated with mario now in college but it's been a continuing thing release dates and I'm sick of it.

It is not the freaking translation time that's causing this. We've been over this too many times.

Brawl is the first dual-layered Wii game and they can't produce enough before Summer. And they're not going to release the game in Summer.

Haha, what a second.

Are you suggesting that these discs are hard to make? They're standard DVD9's for the love of god. Nintendo are just too damn cheap to ramp up DVD production.

It is not the freaking translation time that's causing this. We've been over this too many times.

So why the hell did NoE say that was the reason then? Its even in this months issue of ONM in the ask Nintendo section. So not only are they not giving us Brawl at a decent time they are also lying about the reason why.

It wont be Autumn

I can guarantee you it

It will be July at the VERY latest

But I'm hedging bets now on May to Early June

Insider knowledge or dead-strong optimism?

So why the hell did NoE say that was the reason then? Its even in this months issue of ONM in the ask Nintendo section. So not only are they not giving us Brawl at a decent time they are also lying about the reason why.

I think the word used was localization.

I think the word used was localization.

Heres what was said!

No release date has been announced for Smash Bros. in the UK or Europe. Localising any game takes a long time to make sure its done properly. In Addition to English, it must also be translated into 4 other languages necessary for a Euro release.

Then they go on and on about PEGI ratings and TV formats. So yeah they are blaming the translation process, aswell as other things.

It wont be Autumn

I can guarantee you it

It will be July at the VERY latest

But I'm hedging bets now on May to Early June

But a few moths ago, weren't you positive that we would be getting it in April or early May at the latest?

Haha, what a second.

Are you suggesting that these discs are hard to make? They're standard DVD9's for the love of god. Nintendo are just too damn cheap to ramp up DVD production.

No they're not, get your facts straight ;)

It's still Nintendo's fault.

I also heard that Wii's laser wasn't very fine tuned to DL DVDs (which is moronic), which could be why theyre making it on gold DVD9s or wtvr. That and it's too much awesome to be contained in a normal disc prison