Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

I'm thinking the same thing. I might buy it if it's really good, but lately racing games just don't do it for me anymore. Mario Kart means nothing compared to Smash Bros for me, Wii Fit even less. I'm sticking with my "rocks and gold nugget" comparison. Mario Kart is for me a flat rock than can be used to play ducks and drakes with which can be fun at times. Wii Fit is a big rock than can't be used for anything fun.

*Cringes at the metaphorical comparison*. I'm not too bothered actually; seeing as there's so many great games on the 360 to play.

But that's beside the point. Q3 is a piss-take.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true, it pretty much shows that Nintendo don't really have much in development for the wii and that they are contempt with making this game one of the big late 08 games which tbh shows that they don't have much going on first party wise.
That really can't be the reason, it means they must've paid thousands of employees to do cack over the last few months. Brawl is just such a big hit that they're not going to be releasing it in low-selling periods like late Spring and Summer.

That really can't be the reason, it means they must've paid thousands of employees to do cack over the last few months. Brawl is just such a big hit that they're not going to be releasing it in low-selling periods like late Spring and Summer.

Is March a good month to release a game like Brawl then? I know we're getting MK and Wii Fit but America are getting them a mere month later AND would have Brawl on the shelf as well!

I would agree with you, but the wait most Wii owners have actually gone through to get Brawl has been rather stupid in my opinion. Europeans were once promised it as a launch title, what the hell happened? lol! Nearly a 2 year delay now for Europe ain't it?!

It's worth the wait, yeah, but the wait is pathetically long this time.

"The last GDC edition of the 1UP Yours podcast reveals a vaguely depressing tidbit about Super Smash Bros. Brawl. How depressing it is depends on your outlook. Shane Bettenhausen reported that during a lunch meeting with Reggie Fils-Aime, he said that Nintendo is planning to release Super Smash Bros. Brawl in the fall."

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3149993

I don't get the thinking that releasing a game in a 'low sales' period like early summer will harm it in the long run. Games released then are still on the shelves for all to see come autumn/winter! Just walk into any highstreet store tomorrow and I'll bet you'll see Monkey Ball or WarioWare hogging all the shelf space.

Let's face it guys, if indeed the absurdity of an autumn release is true (a la Paper Mario), NoE have just lost it. There can be no sensible reason why this game is the exception to the rule - it doesn't take the best part of a year to translate/produce enough units. I can only believe it's the sad evidence of a lack of forthcoming software, and the usual ridiculous eking-out of the crumbs.

I still remain hopeful that this news proves a red-herring. Or if not, that Mario Kart and Wii Fit are of sufficient depth/quality to keep us going over the ensuing 6 months..

I think all of the complaining will make it come quicker :/

Tbh MK will be great, there are plenty (a few) other titles that are worth buying before brawl and when you get into a game it doesnt really matter what's not in the cupboard. Sure it would be better if brawl came sooner but once you're engrossed in a different game it doesnt matter.

I think Wii Fit, MK and NMH and others match brawl almost.

Is March a good month to release a game like Brawl then? I know we're getting MK and Wii Fit but America are getting them a mere month later AND would have Brawl on the shelf as well!
I don't know, I'm not a marketing expert, but I imagine a cold winter month will make games sell better than the Spring/Summer party time. If it would've been possible to release Brawl here earlier, I trust they would've done it, but I guess they couldn't bring up the production. Dissappointing, really.
I would agree with you, but the wait most Wii owners have actually gone through to get Brawl has been rather stupid in my opinion. Europeans were once promised it as a launch title, what the hell happened? lol! Nearly a 2 year delay now for Europe ain't it?!

It's worth the wait, yeah, but the wait is pathetically long this time.

Iwata took his words about Brawl a launch title back, and they were taken out of context in the first place really. But yeah, this should've been a Q4 2007 title, and it's Q3 2008 now. I could've somehow lived with that if it was like that worldwide, but this is just plain wrong.

I think all of the complaining will make it come quicker :/

Tbh MK will be great, there are plenty (a few) other titles that are worth buying before brawl and when you get into a game it doesnt really matter what's not in the cupboard. Sure it would be better if brawl came sooner but once you're engrossed in a different game it doesnt matter.

I think Wii Fit, MK and NMH and others match brawl almost.

In my opinion brawl is more worthy than all of those combined as the length of a game and how long the fun lasts, weighs heavily on how I value them. And as Brawl is melee but better, well this game will be with me till the next version comes out.

NMH, while im sure its fun, i don't think it's as lengthy and once it's completed, it's getting traded. Wii Fit I may never get and MK is good but as DannyBoy said, racing games don't do it for me. At least not as much as beat-em-ups.

All that said I will still get MK and NMH but was hoping to get them after Brawl.

Yeah but you're interested in those games so it won't bother you so much that brawl is being delayed than a person who hates MK and NMH

True, although, by the time brawl comes out, I probably won't be able to afford it thus, by the time I can, we will be experiencing shortages.

I still think its pretty despicable either way.

This reminds me of when Another Code and Kirby: Canvas Curse/Power Paintbrush had widely different release dates. Only difference was the DS is god damn region free.

If we actually have to wait until Autumn, i'm not buying it. I'm going on record right now. Late spring/early summer is great, not many games lots of time to concentrate on one thing. If its a Q3 game, i will not have gaming time to play this game with all the other insane releases we have this year (Halo Wars, Gears of War 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto IV and so on).

It wont be Autumn. It'll be 6th June

Yeah but on the 'update' N-Europe posted on the Brawl delay news, it pretty much confirms a autumn (say September release) due to the....wait for it....localisation.

Like i said before, my major worry now is what is Japan/America going to get this autumn/winter which Europe won't! I still dread to think...:blank:

I know Brawl is amazing and you can't wait to play it etc...but we've all known about this game for AGES, i was expecting Brawl before May and then a brand new game for the autumn/winter release which will probably be revealed at E3 or something....

Too much to ask, obviously.

Owen? You expected Nintendo to actually be developing more games for the hardcore market?

Surely you understand that they couldn't give a rats ass about us anymore!

While recounting some of the info that I learned from Nintendo of America’s President & COO, Reggie Fils-Aime, I implied that the European release of Super Smash Bros. Melee had been moved to the fall of 2008…that’s not quite accurate, as neither NOE nor Reggie has announced any official release date at this time. Reggie did tell me (and the other media present) that the release had been pushed out of the winter/spring time frame due to the amount of localization required to get the game up and running all the various European languages. But Reggie did not say WHEN Europeans will get Smash Bros., just that it would be at a later date than the U.S.

Looks like it'll be June 6th then.

Guest Stefkov

One thing that I've thought of everytime they delay a game like this; why don't they just give us the bloody american game.

All they need to do is change color to colour, meter to metre and so on.

Not trying to sound a dick but we people who have english as our first language have to wait for those that don't. This is the reason I've gone off nintendo. Believe me I was a fanboy, I'm still associated with mario now in college but it's been a continuing thing release dates and I'm sick of it.

One thing that I've thought of everytime they delay a game like this; why don't they just give us the bloody american game.

All they need to do is change color to colour, meter to metre and so on.

Not trying to sound a dick but we people who have english as our first language have to wait for those that don't. This is the reason I've gone off nintendo. Believe me I was a fanboy, I'm still associated with mario now in college but it's been a continuing thing release dates and I'm sick of it.

Thats what i thought, most people talk English now, surely? and if they don't, then they get the 'European' version a little later...but we're talking a small minority i think.

Guest Stefkov
Thats what i thought, most people talk English now, surely? and if they don't, then they get the 'European' version a little later...but we're talking a small minority i think.

Either that or they get more translators in. It's not like they have to translate from japanese to english to the other languages. The english should already be done for the US version. Get some more localisation people in.

It seem to me like that old Animal Crossing comic...if only I could find it.

Either that or they get more translators in. It's not like they have to translate from japanese to english to the other languages. The english should already be done for the US version. Get some more localisation people in.

Aren't the French and Spanish translations also done for most games in the US, too?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!