N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading through the forum, and i read that thing about sonic and isn't it supposed to be revealed tonight whether he's in or not? Well......only if that interview wasn't fake, but still.
The interview is an obvious fake. Sonic is most likely an unlockable character (every 3rd party character would be probably), and those aren't shown off on the Dojo site. Solid Snake doesn't appear in Sakurai's updates either.

As it stands now, Sonic is actually not in the game. The 'no plans' answer was given in several interviews.

The interview is an obvious fake. Sonic is most likely an unlockable character (every 3rd party character would be probably), and those aren't shown off on the Dojo site. Solid Snake doesn't appear in Sakurai's updates either.

As it stands now, Sonic is actually not in the game. The 'no plans' answer was given in several interviews.

ah, that does make sense, i have noticed that snake wasn't up there. tonight's update is prolly an item then, they haven't done an item this week.

Anyway, thanks for not flaming, you wouldn't believe how many forums would kill me over that, lol.

Won't this make recovery nearly impossible? On of the major deterrents of doing a meteor was the possibility of failing it and falling instead of your opponent.
Well, it would make it more difficult anyway. I found it near impossible to do a mid-air intercept in Melee so I'm happy that it makes it easier.

Won't this make recovery nearly impossible? On of the major deterrents of doing a meteor was the possibility of failing it and falling instead of your opponent.

This only works if you jump at the right time when you're on top of the enemy, so I suppose it won't be that easy. At least for crappy players.

This is awesome. Imagine the possibilities. If you had friendly fire on, then one person could footstall jump someone, then the other person immediately meteor cancel into another footstall jump, in which the first player would meteor cancel into footstall jump and so on. You probably won't be able to do this but it could be possible if you have a couple of Kirbys...

This will obviously be a lot less risky than normal meteor smashes/spikes since if you miss you jump anyway, so I hope they make it harder to pull off.

This is awesome. Imagine the possibilities. If you had friendly fire on, then one person could footstall jump someone, then the other person immediately meteor cancel into another footstall jump, in which the first player would meteor cancel into footstall jump and so on. You probably won't be able to do this but it could be possible if you have a couple of Kirbys...

This will obviously be a lot less risky than normal meteor smashes/spikes since if you miss you jump anyway, so I hope they make it harder to pull off.

Me and you think so alike! I've a feeling 2 on 2 matches with friendly fire on are going to be crazy. Can't wait :)

If it's as gratifying as pulling off Mario's Meteor smash move with perfect timing them awesome. If it's far too easy like Falco then gay.

Falco didn't have a meteor smash, it was a spike and it was far more deadly, but was mainly used for combo'ing.

Anyway, intercepting on Melee was pretty easy with some characters and harder with others. I really hope this new gameplay addition helps more people to be able to do it, it would be awesome. It would also get people to learn how to 'Meteor Cancel' and become better fighters.

Which characters do have 'Meteor Smash' in SSBM?

Erm, off the top of my head...

Mario, Marth (on PAL), Ganon, Falcon, ice Climbers and DK (two I think...). Probably 1+2 more.

The following characters have spike attacks; Meteors attacks that can't be cancelled out by a jump:

Mewtwo, Fox, Falco, Marth (2 on NTSC, then 1 on Pal), Roy, Young Link, Ness and Yoshi.

Most characters have either a Spike attack or a Meteor; i'm just not sure with some characters which it is they have. Sorry.

Care to explain what's meteor cancel?

The best example of a meteor cancel occurs 22 seconds into that video.

A meteor cancel is jumping/using your Up+B to cancel the effects of a Meteor Smash. In that video, Ganon uses his Down-Air on the other ganon. Now the ganon who is getting attacked has about 15 frames of a second to try and meteor cancel; if he misses this timing he dies, however if the timing is perfect you can recover :)

Hope that made sense.

So its after being attacked, right? I thought it was some kind of dodge.

Yup, right after your character starts going straight down.

wow, i've owned SSBM since it came out and i never knew about all those techniques, o_O :heh:

You'd be surprised how little many people know about the game. There really is a lot of depth to it.

assist04_070727a.jpg

When talking about the guaranteed hard hitter of Kirby’s world, you’ve got to say something about his fists!

assist04_070727b-l.jpg

Knuckle Joe appears!

assist04_070727c-l.jpg

Vulcan Jab!

A storm of Vulcan Jabs rain down, and then Knuckle Joe can finish his foes off with one of the following two special moves!

assist04_070727d-l.jpg

Smash Punch!

assist04_070727e-l.jpg

Rising Break!

He’s... He’s strong. He’s been doing some extreme training, I think.

aha, unexpected, but pretty cool :3

Knuckle Joe's been in almost every kirby game (i know he's been in suprstar altleast), he give's kirby the fighter power, infact a lot of kirby's moves are based off that power, ie his throws and his primary combos

BTW he's an assist trophy, not a real character, incase no one knew :3

The only games where I saw Knuckle Joe were Kirby Super Star (Kirby's Fun Pak) and the "Kirby Wii" in some screenshots.

In Kirby Super Star, Knuckle Joe gave you fighting powers (the same ones shown in the blog entry) and he also appeared in a mini-game where you had to compete with him (easy mode, I think) to see who could punch the ground harder.

Assist Trophies allow you to enjoy even more characters who couldn’t quite make it as playable fighters. You may even see some that only the most dedicated fans will recognize, so you’ll have to look forward to them.

Yeah so expect a lot of updates where you will go huh? Who the hell is that?

Oh yeah I know this fighter just to well, awesome to see him in the game XD