NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

That is clearly a lie. NoE always gives us up, always lets us down, always runs around and deserts us, always makes us cry, always says goodbye and always makes us cry. And more importantly, NoE isn't a skinny white man with the deep voice of a black man.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Come on March...

I reckon it's April/May....seems too late to be announced for March...Plus Fire Emblem's out then.

One 1st/"2nd" Party game a month (excluding Oct-Dec) ;)

Feb - Battalion Wars

March - Fire Emblem

April - ?

May - ?

June - ?

April 18th: Brawl

May 9th: Mario Kart

June 6th: Mario Party 1045

Looks good to me :p

I'm sure will get Mario Kart before Brawl....If Mario Kart is released April 25th, then Brawl June 6th, that gives gamers quite a bit of time with Mario Kart (enough to complete it) and then followed by Brawl which will probably take you through the summer drought into September 08, something Nintendo hope, as hardly any games are released in the summer.

Also would NOE release Brawl in May and Mario Kart in April or June? I don't think so....thats two big hitters in two months...Not forgetting Wii Fit. One of them is going to be delayed to the autumn here...it could be any of em!

I find it very strange that we're getting a on-slaught of Mario Kart info and all these rumours about a date before anything is spoken about Brawl here in Europe.

Well, thats my thoughts anyway! : peace:

Ok if this 6th of June proves true that would be bloody bad timing for me, I'm going to Lourdes for 5 nights for work (my travel agency takes helps set up the local parishes annual pilgrimage and I've been sent to represent the agency the last 2 years, and asked to do it this year again), what are the bloody odds that they would pick this exact friday to release Brawl, I should be a lotto winning with those odds :heh:

I'm hoping for a May release, I'm on holiday from April 5th till May 4th, so hoping for like any friday in May after that.... how bloody unlucky could I be that I would escape it being released during those 4 weeks but unlucky enough to have it come out on that one friday, why does work have to always get in the way of my gaming :heh:

EDIT:

Just looking at Amazon and Play, Amazon have it down for April 30th...unlikely as that is a Wednesday, Play have it marked for 30th May...more likely as this is a Friday.

Can't find any mention of June 6 on any major site or press releases *fingers crossed*

That June 6 was a joke btw. No frets.

I hope

It was confirmed on a few french and german sites, I think I read somewhere that it was announced in a press conference.

But seeing as no official sites have revealed that date as true I'm doubtful atm.

It was confirmed on a few french and german sites, I think I read somewhere that it was announced in a press conference.

But seeing as no official sites have revealed that date as true I'm doubtful atm.

Though it's not official, I'm afraid it may very well be true. It seems unlikely they will release it sooner when we haven't gotten a date yet.

Og, and don't worry, Deathjam, I love eighties music, too. :p

The latest news on a number of sites is that the game has 'officially' been announced as June 6th 2008.

Just have to wait and see what NOE say...judging by the reactions of alot of people on other forums, this isn't a very good move by NOE.

USA have also been given dates for WiiWare and Wii Fit, both middle of May.

Europe haven't got any confirmed dates at all, it's a complete joke.

This whole dates thing thats going on with NoE is a complete and utter joke and if Brawl does turn out to be June then they have lost the plot if they think people will be happy with that. Its like were still living in the days of the freaking SNES over here in Europe!

I read a funny thread about the same topic over on the ONM boards and some Mod/Admi was saying it takes a good while to translate a game etc... You know that old excuse! Even in ONM magazine in the Ask Nintendo section they said exactly the same thing. I have said this many times now but this excuse just doesnt cut it anymore, not when Nintendos rivals can get RPGs out over within a few weeks of being released in the US.

Ok so June 6th, it's bad "if" it's true and they aren't using the time to add any new content but "if" it's true, it's a date at least that we can get annoyed about, shout " **** you NOE!", realise how far away it is, begrudgingly accept it and start counting down the long, slow agonisingly painful days until it's release.

Or we could all learn Japanese, import another Wii from said country and then discover that we can't get even an import copy of the game as it's selling out faster than a third party publisher with a new film to game license. :heh:

Meh... *starts counting down the hypothetical number of days* >>'

That Smash date is looking more likely by the minute! Mario Kart is released April 11th 2008 in Europe. June 6th for Brawl now seems 98% confirmed.

According to this site, NoE denies the Smash launch date. They have phoned NoE, and they assured the date from the French site was phony. It's still planned for a release somewhere in 2008.

Nintendo denies launch date Brawl (in Dutch)

This might be good... or bad. What do they actually do at NoE HQ? Water plants? Dry their hair? Watch paint dry? This is getting silly...

According to this site, NoE denies the Smash launch date. They have phoned NoE, and they assured the date from the French site was phony. It's still planned for a release somewhere in 2008.

Nintendo denies launch date Brawl (in Dutch)

This might be good... or bad.

I'm still going for June...

Mario Kart: 11th April

Wii Fit: May

Brawl: 6th June

Is that Mazza Kart date confirmed now? If so it does soften the blow abit even though I would have preferred Smash first.

Surely Metroid Prime 3 had more to translate than Brawl, didn't it? That only had a two-month delay from America, and I remember that seeming like a long time..

Surely Metroid Prime 3 had more to translate than Brawl, didn't it? That only had a two-month delay from America, and I remember that seeming like a long time..

It's all the trophies and stuff apparently.

If it's held back till after the summer, then thats taking the mick really. Surely they wouldn't use Brawl as the big Q4 08 game for Europe? I mean...what is America and Japan gonna get what will have to wait till 09 for? Animal Crossing Wii? *gulp* :blank:

I'm getting Brawl next month, but i'm getting annoyed because it's unfair for all the people in Europe waiting this long! I want my mates on here to enjoy it as quickly as possible on here as well!

Still Mario Kart online! How great is that gonna be?!

In the new falco update one of the pics looks like he can glide. It's probably just the pic but.

It's all the trophies and stuff apparently.

Yeah...It looks as though there are thousands of stickers and trophies; it's just having to wait for it to get done now and then a couple of weeks for them to sort out release (if they're quick, maybe they'll leave it a month:blank: ).

That's the reason we've no date I reckon anyway, they don't know when translation will finish, and probably don't want to promise anything. The same with how FE suddenly appeared.

Anyway....I like how Falco looks and seems to handle more bird like now, he seems a lot more like a Luigi to me now, so I'm happy:)

Lets think here.

Lost Oddessy was created on the 360, it was translated from Japanese into English in under a month or so and released in the Asian market, region free.

Its getting released at the end of the month in Europe. Thats a 40 hour RPG with thousands of lines of text and hunreds of which is spoken and all translated into: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Italian and some form of Dutch.

Sooo... whats with the 6 month wait exactly?

Lets think here.

Lost Oddessy was created on the 360, it was translated from Japanese into English in under a month or so and released in the Asian market, region free.

Its getting released at the end of the month in Europe. Thats a 40 hour RPG with thousands of lines of text and hunreds of which is spoken and all translated into: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Italian and some form of Dutch.

Jordan I....I...I love you! :)

Lets think here.

Yeah ... Yeah, you're right! How the heck can it take that long to translate the trophies when those people can handle a RPG in such a short amount of time? How many trophies can be translated per day?