NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Have you seen that schedule? The end of year is crowded as is, we need something to look forward to in the new year!

Yeah but not Smash bros...:cry: This is my very very most anticipated game of the moment. I was hoping for a nearly worlwide release but we'll have all the unlockables spoiled when the game will come out.:cry: If only they didn't made those daily updates...

Mario Galaxy should have been released in 2008.

I will play Metroid Prime 3 ( 2 f***ing months after the US) again and again to compensate.:blank:

Sorry to say the stuff from the press-site is rubbish. I think they're screens that have been used on the official site

Rubbish

Hopefully we'll get a new trailer for this soon, revealing a new character that we all know is going to be in it for 99,9999999% certain.

You know someone I know brought up a scary point. Reggie made a list of games that are online, specifically focusing on the online functionality of those games...even announcing Mario Kart as a brand new example of an online game....

...but Smash Brothers wasn't in the list. Not even a hint that it'd be online.

I know everyone's assuming that it HAS to be online but it's never once been flat out confirmed and I think at the start Sakurai said he'd try to but wasn't sure if he could get it to work right. What if it just turned out that he couldn't manage a stable online experience and so they scrapped the idea?

You know someone I know brought up a scary point. Reggie made a list of games that are online, specifically focusing on the online functionality of those games...even announcing Mario Kart as a brand new example of an online game....

I know everyone's assuming that it HAS to be online but it's never once been flat out confirmed and I think at the start Sakurai said he'd try to but wasn't sure if he could get it to work right. What if it just turned out that he couldn't manage a stable online experience and so they scrapped the idea?

I sort of thought about it, but at the same time, Nintendo are keen to completely remove focus from Smash Bro's. Aside from the release date they've not mentioned it once at E3 and haven't got a playable version in the Nintendo booth.

Metroid and Mario both come out first, and I think Nintendo want people hyped on them games before getting people excited about Smash Bros.

It does leave me wondering though, Nintendo really haven't said anything about Smash Bro's in a year so I wouldn't worry yet. I honestly think Nintendo just don't want the media to be hyping up and focusing on Smash Bros... yet.

Sorry if this has been posted already, just up from daily dosage of sleep, and just caught up on what happened with the Sony conference, but i'll just post it here anyway seeing just in case it hasn't been posted yet as it could indirectly tie in with this game...

http://e3.gamespot.com/live.html?tag=event_nav;live

Click on the Thursday tab. Nintendo has another mini talk of sometime it looks like. Am I right?

Remember last year when we got to to see the awesomeness of Smash Bros for the first the time (the trailer) on that seperate date? Probably we'll have a similar thing happen this year and possibly fill in some gaps of curiosity.

No Smash for us this year. How sad. The US is getting all of those big 3, along with BWII, FE and stuff. Isnt that even more crowded than our schedule?

People are saying you can see Bowser Jr. using the cloaking device too, in the Bridge of Eldin section of the video.

BowserJr1.jpg

No idea if it's Bowser Jr...it's definitely something odd...

Sorry to say the stuff from the press-site is rubbish. I think they're screens that have been used on the official site

Rubbish

What else did you expect? I doubt they would release new information through the press right when E3 is going on.

It was probably just to bring some press up to speed.

Donkey Kong confirmed.

15 sec video on site. Notices section open...

BowserJr1.jpg

No idea if it's Bowser Jr...it's definitely something odd...

Its just one King Bulbins minions, not a playable character...

Sorry if this has been posted already, just up from daily dosage of sleep, and just caught up on what happened with the Sony conference, but i'll just post it here anyway seeing just in case it hasn't been posted yet as it could indirectly tie in with this game...

http://e3.gamespot.com/live.html?tag=event_nav;live

Click on the Thursday tab. Nintendo has another mini talk of sometime it looks like. Am I right?

Remember last year when we got to to see the awesomeness of Smash Bros for the first the time (the trailer) on that seperate date? Probably we'll have a similar thing happen this year and possibly fill in some gaps of curiosity.

After yesterday, I'm not expecting anything then. They'll just show WiiFit again :heh:

I like Donkey Kong's new look, and the trailer is nice, wish it was longer though.

Site updated! :)

This is Sakurai.

I can now say that the North American launch date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl has been decided.

It is...

December 3rd, 2007

I am working with all my might, so please wait just a little longer!

Oh, I've also prepared a short movie that lets you see a little of the game. It's short, but I hope you'll enjoy it.

Short Movie

Donkey Kong :)

donkeykong.jpg

It’s Donkey Kong, ruler of the jungle. The original giant powerhouse makes a triumphant return!

Looks like his giant punch is still the haymaker you remember. Don’t doubt his strength or you’ll end up with the ultimate headache!

donkeykong_070712a-l.jpg

donkeykong_070712b-l.jpg

donkeykong_070712c-l.jpg

donkeykong_070712d-l.jpg

damn i really hope its online i would even buy it if it isn't online but i will be disapointed becouse at first they anounced smash bros will be online and if they now decide to leave that feature out i'll get mad

Nintendos having an extra developer roundtable on Thursday. We will possibly know once and for all on that date.

I am going to say, there will be no online... :shakehead

damn i really hope its online i would even buy it if it isn't online but i will be disapointed becouse at first they anounced smash bros will be online and if they now decide to leave that feature out i'll get mad

They never announced it will be online. If I remember well, Sakurai said they'll try but not implemented it if it's laggy.

Sorry guys but I have to disagree. DK looks pretty half done. We had better fur in either of the Starfox GCN games. This, on the other hand, is a texture that I think has been generated using captures of rendered fur (kinda like how they did Donkey Kong Country strangely..) From some angles the fur looks good but a lot of the time it looks rubbish.

Nice try but for a company like Nintendo, that just isn't good enough.

IIRC, BWii and Forever Blue were not on the list, either. And we know that both are online.

I guess I'm the only one who preferred the melee design of Donkey Kong :hmm:.

Anyway, the teaser is good and left us all wanting more (just as the previous trailers :heh:)

Too bad the game won't come out here until 2008, but that was to be expected.