NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

It’s like the Sega Genesis makes a comeback as Nintendo hardware!

It really manages to recreate that classic Sega Mega Drive feel!

Those americans...it seems like only the Europeans can treat Sonic with minimal respect.

Aside from the Mario symbol, that is...

I wonder how long it'll take to surpass Melee's sales in Japan. I believe they were at about 1.5 million.

I wonder how long it'll take to surpass Melee's sales in Japan. I believe they were at about 1.5 million.

That it?! Should reach that within two weeks I say.

But they're not pro players are they? Exactly. it's pointless to attack people who play smash competitively, because it's not them who act all retarded; it's a small portion of idiots.

Reminds me of all the so called "pros" on XBL.

I hope they don't "fix" that for the EU.

After hearing the Japanese ver. of the Ashley song; it's SO much better....she doesn't sound like an annoying 20 year of American.

She'll make you big so your pants don't fit ;)

Mona Pizza owns Ashley.

The Mike song's disappointing, especially as it doesn't even have the Space Bunnys singing.

I hope it's Luigi or The Puff.

I just found out there's no proper Kirby level, only the Halberd and an Air Ride City themed one :(:wtf:

Having no old style Kirby level or Fountain of Dreams seems weird. They should have had more Melee levels (and N64 levels too)

I don't care if you made Brawl as if it's the last one Sakurai..Give us DL content in the form of old levels at least...there's pleanty of space on that "Melee Stages" page.

Hey, do you guys remember the rumoured release list (that I think Nintendo did then eventually release more or less)? It was in this news item:

http://www.n-europe.com/archive.php?display=200801

Well, it did not have a release date for Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, despite the fact it has just been announced as being released on March 14th only a month away.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it shows Nintendo could still surprise us by pulling a reasonably-soon release date out of their hat.

[i realise this is completely against my previous negativity on the subject, but hey, I get to play the latest Fire Emblem next month. :) ]

Most of you have probably seen toadys update, thought I'd post it anyway:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/characters/hidden03.html

Luigi

hidden03.jpg

Luigi is the dreamy, comical poster boy of the Smash series, and everywhere he goes his slightly awkward presence is felt.

This time around I’d like to present him as less of the eternal second fiddle – and maybe give him a new title, like "everyone’s favourite man in green"!

hidden03_080215a-l.jpg

hidden03_080215b-l.jpg

hidden03_080215c-l.jpg

hidden03_080215d-l.jpg

Luigi's Special Moves :

Standard Special: Move Fireball

Side Special Move: Green Missile

Up Special Move: Super Jump Punch

Down Special Move: Luigi Cyclone

Final Smash: Negative Zone

Tips

Up Special Move: Super Jump Punch

The Super Jump Punch is Luigi’s calling card.

hidden03_080215e-l.jpg

If you just catch the opponent with it, Luigi will only knock out a single coin.

hidden03_080215f-l.jpg

BUT! When you get in close and connect from the beginning of the move...

hidden03_080215g-l.jpg

PING! Luigi sends ‘em rocketing skywards!

You could call this the Fire Jump Punch. It’s more potent on the ground than in the air, so try catching the enemy off guard with it after a quick dash or evasive roll.

hidden03_080215h-l.jpg

Sadly, Luigi’s a sitting duck after this attack.

Side Special Move: Green Missile

Boost the damage and distance the Green Missile can fly by holding down the special-move button!

Occasionally, regardless of whether you charge the move or not, the Green Missile will launch explosively!

This happens about 1/8th of the time and dramatically boosts the power of the attack!

hidden03_080215i-l.jpg

Remember to aim carefully before blasting off.

Final Smash: Negative Zone

When you trigger Luigi’s Final Smash, funky world music fades in and the immediate area becomes wrapped up in the Negative Zone.

hidden03_080215j-l.jpg

You’re on Luigi’s turf now!

Opponents who set foot in the Negative Zone are plagued by a random assortment of effects including:

Drastically reduced attack power

Greater launch distance when hit

Increased likelihood of slipping

Steady increase in damage percentage

Flower growth on head

Dizziness

Uncontrollable taunting

Sudden sleepiness

Decreased movement speed

...And so on.

If you fall asleep or get dizzy here, you’ll have no way to avoid the inevitable Super Jump Punch that will seal your fate!!

hidden03_080215k-l.jpg

Easy pickings. Mmm mmm.

If your opponent unleashes the Negative Zone, at least try to stay in the air. While aloft you won’t suddenly sleep, slip or start taunting.

Also, theres a new US trailer: http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/super-smash-bros-brawl/super-smash-bros-brawl-video-premiere/1186004

One word: Epic!

Just figure you guys might get a kick out of this. Done the Kirby pasge

http://www.serebii.net/ssbb/characters/kirby.shtml

It has all the Kirby hats and the effects when you have them :p

Nice, Serebii.

A demo/ tour of the stage builder (best I've seen so far)

http://revver.com/video/681016/ssbb-stage-builder-tour/

Great stuff

Very interesting walkthrough of the Stage Builder.

whats this thing about people saying the release date is on the 21st? 21st of which month? Could someone explain :S please and thank you! :D

whats this thing about people saying the release date is on the 21st? 21st of which month? Could someone explain :S please and thank you! :D

EVERY MONTH!

Well, people just got a little excited because a gaming site changed the release date to the 21st of March. Normally they're just placeholder dates and not taken seriously, but since this, unlike the other placeholder dates, is actually a Friday (all Wii games are released on Fridays), people got a little more excited. The chances that the date is actually real are slim at best.