NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

I wonder when they will announce Luigi and Captain Falcon.

So do I. I'm leaning more and more towards the theory that they're saving some of the old characters for unlockables. Though I can't help worrying a bit. Mostly because we have no idea how many characters there are gonna be total, how many of the old characters will come back, how many of the new characters we have seen so far, and who will be unlockables (including the characters that have been revealed to date).

I wonder when they will announce Luigi and Captain Falcon.

I think they will be unlockable again, so they'll probably be some of the last characters to be added on the site.

SWEET!

Awsome update and it's something i've wanted to see appear for LONG time. Can't be happier :D

So do I. I'm leaning more and more towards the theory that they're saving some of the old characters for unlockables. Though I can't help worrying a bit. Mostly because we have no idea how many characters there are gonna be total, how many of the old characters will come back, how many of the new characters we have seen so far, and who will be unlockables (including the characters that have been revealed to date).

There really is no need to worry about Luigi and C. Falcon, Luigi has always been unlockable so there's no reason why he won't be this time round plus you can't have Mario in this game without Luigi and they've revealed the F-Zero logo and Samuri Goroh assisst trophy so it's just a matter of time before C. Falcon is anounced, I am 100% certain they'll return, Ness on the other hand....

Today is Ice Climber's Final Smash. Looks okay, but I hope that it makes people slip, so they have to jump all the time in order to survive.

Luigi and Captain Falcon being in the game you could practically bet your life on. But as already mentioned on previous pages, Ness is a real uncertainty this time round...

cant wait for this! :D im not looking at the dojo website so i dont really know what your talking about?! XD

Ice Climbers: Final Smash

Iceberg

The Ice Climbers’ Final Smash is Iceberg!

Calling it Iceberg is a bit problematic. I mean, it’s not like...

iceclimbers_071119a-l.jpg

...Ahh! I guess Iceberg IS rather appropriate!

When you get the Smash Ball and do your move...

iceclimbers_071119b-l.jpg

...the duo do a high-five, and...

iceclimbers_071119c-l.jpg

CRRRRRSSSSSSHHHHH!

iceclimbers_071119d-l.jpg

It even happens in the big city, just like this...

Ice doesn’t just make the available ledges smaller and more slippery, but it also damages your opponents!

But, of course, the Ice Climbers can handle it no problem. They look as cool and refreshed as ever.

iceclimbers_071119e-l.jpg

Sometimes, you can even freeze opponents.

Now that’s just cold!

[/Quote]

I like this Final Smash, I think it's one of the better ones. I don't play a lot as Ice Climbers though.

So, what are your guys' favourite Final Smashes so far?

My favourite up until now is Ike's. It's awsome, it looks cooler than Link's, and it does more damage (around 10 points more). Also, I really like the swords 'n' magic-style fantasy universe that Fire Emblem is (never played any of the games, though I want that to change), and I'm curious as to what the fate of other Fire Emblem characters in Brawl will be. Will Marth and Roy return? Or will they be replaced by other new characters?

Meta Knight's Final Smash also looks cool (and effective), but it just seems he's so overpowered that I don't know if I like him. I hope he has some serious drawbacks or that he is powered down in the final version of the game, as right now he seems very unbalanced.

Marth will return, no doubt about it. I don't think Roy will make it this time though. I also like Ike's Final Smash the best.

I read on the smashboards (http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329) that Meta-Knight isn't as overpowered as seems, I think he's just one of the more easy to use characters. His Final Smash is also more difficult to connect so that balances stuff out a bit as well.

My favourite up until now is Ike's. It's awsome, it looks cooler than Link's, and it does more damage (around 10 points more). Also, I really like the swords 'n' magic-style fantasy universe that Fire Emblem is (never played any of the games, though I want that to change), and I'm curious as to what the fate of other Fire Emblem characters in Brawl will be. Will Marth and Roy return? Or will they be replaced by other new characters?

Meta Knight's Final Smash also looks cool (and effective), but it just seems he's so overpowered that I don't know if I like him. I hope he has some serious drawbacks or that he is powered down in the final version of the game, as right now he seems very unbalanced.

How the hell is Metaknight unbalanced? Sure he can combo, but considering he has NO finishing moves apart from his up+B and final smash (which must be comboed into because it has next to no reach), i think it's pretty fair to say he's balanced enough. Also, with good DI, people will get out of his combos.

it would have to be kirby's or iceclimbers

Favorite Final Smash? Giga Bowser.

About Fire Emblem characters, Marth is definately returning. He is the most important FE protagonist. Roy has a bit more difficulty making it, since he doesn't have much in his favor.

As for other characters, take your pick from the other protagonists:

-Micaiah;

-Hector;

-Eliwood;

-Sigurd;

-Leaf.

And so on. Hector would be awesome.

I've just thought, what about that Stary character? You know the one who originally stared in Super Mario Brothers 2 before it became a Mario title? I know he's Japan only but so were the FE characters, and he's bigger in Japan.

Also I think this ice climbers one is my favourite final smash.

About Fire Emblem characters, Marth is definately returning. He is the most important FE protagonist. Roy has a bit more difficulty making it, since he doesn't have much in his favor.
I'd have thought Roy had a better chance of returning on the basis that Marth just looks so similar to Ike!

:heart:

I'd have thought Roy had a better chance of returning on the basis that Marth just looks so similar to Ike!

BUT Ike is slow, like Roy, whereas Marth was quick and elegant...

Damn, that 'berg covers the whole stage, talk about a slippery slope of failure...AND it doesn't affect the ice climbers at all (right?)

BUT Ike is slow, like Roy, whereas Marth was quick and elegant...
Yeah but a number of character are getting speed changes in Brawl, like Fox.

Yeah but a number of character are getting speed changes in Brawl, like Fox.

Fox is still incredibly fast in brawl; faster than all of the other characters that have been played as anyway.

Fox is still incredibly fast in brawl; faster than all of the other characters that have been played as anyway.

Surely not even sonic? Was fox even known for being speedy and so on?

I thought Ike was Ganondorf-slow. Slower than Roy.

And to say Marth shouldn't come back because their hair possess the same colour is like saying Luigi shouldn't come back because he shares Mario's appearance.:heh:

I thought Ike was Ganondorf-slow. Slower than Roy.

And to say Marth shouldn't come back because their hair possess the same colour is like saying Luigi shouldn't come back because he shares Mario's appearance.:heh:

That's nothing like the same thing! Everyone knows Mario and Luigi worldwide and can distinguish between them as two different characters.

Fire Emblem is a far less known franchise and has far less recognisable characters worldwide. Marth and Roy were similar enough for people introduced to the series through SSBM [which I'm sure was a considerable percentage]. So to put in Ike and Marth, would be like playing as almost the same character for many people.