NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Yeah and they said they won't send in the clones this time. Which means I won't be getting my Marth back

Yeah and they said they won't send in the clones this time. Which means I won't be getting my Marth back

Why not? Ike is totally different.

Lucas does have some different moves to Ness but i still think he is too similar, eg. same recovery move, and i feel as though Ness is not coming back (unless as an alternative costume). Could be wrong.

UP UNTILL NOW Can be interpreted considering now or not, i guess.

I'm not informed but isn't Ness the main hero in the Earthbound/Mother games? Wouldn't it be stupid to remove him?

UP UNTILL NOW Can be interpreted considering now or not, i guess.

I'm not informed but isn't Ness the main hero in the Earthbound/Mother games? Wouldn't it be stupid to remove him?

I think Lucas is the main protagonist from Mother 3 which is also where the Earthbound Stage is from, so it seems Brawl is taken everything Earthbound related from that game, unfortunetly for everyone who doesn't read Japanese we can't play that game...yet.

We still don't have captain folcon and ganondorf yet either. Ness could still be in the game.

Looking forward to seeing Ganondorf! Final Smash Ganon anyone?!

Lucas, Lucas, Lucas...

Controversial character indeed.

So his B-Moves resemble Ness...except his Side-B explodes instead of trapping and his Neutral B-Move freezes instead of exploding.

His A-Moves are still quite different. He seems to prefer explosions and psychic powers, instead of the Yo-Yo's and brutal headbutts Ness likes.

Also, Ness does not use snakes (in Smash Bros, at least)

For those of you wondering, Ness is the protagonist of MOTHER 2 and Lucas is the protagonist of MOTHER 3. Since neither character has much of a personality (they're silent heroes) and share similar powers, many think Lucas can replace Ness as the representative of the series.

I think Ness' chances are slim at this point, but you never know. Maybe Lucas is just a Luigi-fied version of Ness.

Also, I don't recall anyone saying there wouldn't be any clones (aside from fan speculation).

I really don't see why they would replace a character from the original Smash Bros. with a new character. The fact that Sakurai emphasizes the differences in their movesets also makes me think Ness is in. I don't see why not. The "up until now" line is just as vague as the one about the number of Smash Balls per match, so that doesn't prove anything.

I don't count Ness out for the moment. Ness can have a remade B-moveset since most of his attacks (PK thunder, PK fire and PK Magnet) another character from Earthbound 2 s in Melee ,came from Paula. Maybe Sakurai want to make him more like he was in this game, keeping PK Flash and normal moves and adding PK teleport as up+B, shield as down+B and another attack (hypnosis, paralysis, a low level Rockin) as side+B.

If he's not in as a full playable character, he will obvsiouly be as a alternate costume for Lucas: add a baseball cap and it's done.

It appears that Lucas is the Falco of Ness. I do hope that they still include Ness, would be an interesting battle between the two.

It's a strange topic to discuss, there are reasons for and against Ness returning but to me it seems he won't. I feel as thought the only thing that could save Ness is the fact that he is a Smash Bros veteran and therefore has a fan base, however Lucas has a VERY similar move set and (i can only base this from the screens) he appears to play the same (again i can't really comment until playing the game) but this could mean that all the Ness fans out there can easily move over to using Lucas instead.

Lucus also looks insanely similar to Ness minus the hat, some might say how Ike looks similar to Marth but then we really don't know if Marth is returning either (I'd instead like to see another FE character who doesn't use a sword).

Lucas is the protagonist of the latest game in the Mother series and he was also supposed to be in SSB instead of Ness but Earthbound 64 was canned. Also they could put Ness in with new moves but why change Ness's moveset, why not give Lucas the new moves.

These are just my thoughts at the moment, i would bring up the 'no clones' quote but I don't think that was ever said, all Sakurai said was that some characters from Melee won't be returning, he said this on the old website for Brawl apparently. But yes, right now, i don't see Ness returning as a playable character, a costume for Lucas yeah...or an assist trophy to piss all Ness fans off :P.

NEWCOMER!

I knew which one it was without even clicking the link. :p

It would be awesome if he made it though, especially like that.

I knew which one it was without even clicking the link. :p

It would be awesome if he made it though, especially like that.

We need him as a playable character, he would be the most awesome character ever.

If he was made a character! that would be so good! He would have a really Unique Moveset! :D

Assist trophy will do! Come on Nintendo! :)

Norfair

Norfair is the location in Metroid where the enemy boss Ridley was. There was a lot of

lava, and it seemed like a rather hot area.

stage17_071109a-l.jpg

Whoa! That looks hot.

As you can imagine, the lava level will indeed rise and cover the platforms. It’s dangerous to touch it.

That dangerous-to-the-touch lava comes flowing from a number of places, so be careful.

stage17_071109b-l.jpg

Hot! Hot-hot-hot-hot-hot-HOT!

stage17_071109c-l.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEK! It’s a lava wave!

The tension rises. Yes.

When the lava wave appears, a single safe area will also appear. If you can get in, you’ll be OK...but surely there will be quite a battle for that spot. Yet another bit of back and forth.

stage17_071109d-l.jpg

"Let me in!" "I’m not letting YOU in!"

stage17_071109e-l.jpg

It even has hatches that close in emergencies. Ahh.

You can just about dodge the massive lava wave with a great jump, but it’s a little difficult. Besides, you KNOW you want to win the battle for that safe area.

[/Quote]

This stage was known already, it looks fun. But I wish they could do something more with Metroid stages than rising lava/acid. Hoping for a few more Metroid levels, maybe a Phendrana Drifts-themed one.

I agree its basically the same as the other metroid stages so far minus Kraid

Lucas is the protagonist of the latest game in the Mother series and he was also supposed to be in SSB instead of Ness but Earthbound 64 was canned. Also they could put Ness in with new moves but why change Ness's moveset, why not give Lucas the new moves.

Answer:

I don't count Ness out for the moment. Ness can have a remade B-moveset since most of his attacks (PK thunder, PK fire and PK Magnet) another character from Earthbound 2 s in Melee ,came from Paula. Maybe Sakurai want to make him more like he was in this game, keeping PK Flash and normal moves and adding PK teleport as up+B, shield as down+B and another attack (hypnosis, paralysis, a low level Rockin) as side+B.

Anyway, Ness could return if Lucas is a Luigi; we have yet to see his double jump, a sign if there's a possible return, or a big no.

I really hope Ness is still there, especially as his A moves are so different. I also hope Poo, and especially Jeff are assist Trophies, if just to see the Bubble Monkey :)

I agree its basically the same as the other metroid stages so far minus Kraid

Erm, it's just the same as the previous Norfair levels, of which Kraid was not a part of.

Hahaha, love the idea of the safe area. Imagine if two of you get in there! It'll be mayhem whilst you're locked in XD