NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Bowser or Fox will be the first player I play with. While Bowser has been said to be strengthened/improved considerably, Fox has been said to be weakened/downgraded significantly, so i'd be interested to see how they compare. Both seem to have effective Final Smashes, but Foxes seems to last longer and cover more ground, although it appears as though you cannot adjust the cannon on the landmaster...

I think I'll go for Pit as well; I like the fact that he can fly, which means he can recover from far away. That is a feature, I really like. In Melee I used Mewtwo because of his jumping and throwing abilities, although some of his air attacks are pretty strong. I hope the same goes with Pit.

Yeah i was suprised to hear that his moves weren't too strong, he looks pretty awesome on the videos, I was think he has a good oportunity to be my main, he looks cool, his moves look great and he final smash is quite awesome :D Overall a pretty decent character but i guess we'll just have to wait and when we get our hands on the game.

Totally agree with everything you said. :D

I think I'll go for Pit as well; I like the fact that he can fly, which means he can recover from far away. That is a feature, I really like. In Melee I used Mewtwo because of his jumping and throwing abilities, although some of his air attacks are pretty strong. I hope the same goes with Pit.

He does seem to have amazing flying and thereby recovery skills:

1) Multiple jumps

2) Gliding ability

3) Up B: Wings of Icarus (which looks very effective from the videos)

His Down B protection move (Mirror Shield, if I remember correctly) also sounds very good - I always liked Counter and Reflector, so this might fall into my liking, too - plus he's got a very fast and seemingly powerful projectile attack that can even be controlled (to a degree) and shot upwards. I mean, how cool can this guy be?

Actually, I had another idea for his Final Smash: He turns into Amazing Pit and gets improved flying ability, attack power, and defense. But I've since come to think of it and I've found that it would resemble Sonic's very much, and I think his current Final Smash is also very cool.

my favorite is still link ,

i just saw the movie that you can choose Dark link as an alternate costume ( finally )

why is Februari so far away haha

i also starting to like sonic again becouse the way they made him in smbb i hope the Third party characters are in the adventure mode , that we see some of the Legendary Cutscenes from Snake :P

Has anyone got any hands-on impressions on how the "gliding/flying" works? I'm very curious about this.

This is the part where I start hating SSB discussion: the nitpicking of the pros that don't want the game to be changed.

There hasn't been any of that so far.

There hasn't been any of that so far.

Luckily not here but there are other forums full of it which is a shame.

Keep it to the other boards i say.

I can't be doing with all these bull shit about Smash bros "tactics"...

Meta Knight will be the first character I use why?

Because everybody is his bitch :awesome:

hell yea!! pound it! *pounds fists*

Definately Jigglypuff, i've only recently realised how great a character she really isin Melee, her rollout attack expecially, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

I'll miss Marth if he goes. And Falco, but I doubt they'll drop such a great character. I certainly won't miss Doc (even though he was a bit better than Mario), Young Link and Pichu, they were all redundant characters.

Definately Jigglypuff, i've only recently realised how great a character she really isin Melee, her rollout attack expecially, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

I've heard Jigglypuff is still in...just not been playable at E for All...

what characters will people really miss from Melee if they end up dropped?

Ganondorf.

He's my fave.

I don't think too many people will care about most Pokémon. Mewtwo, Pichu and Jigglypuff are just annoying.

Last night I had a dream that I owned Smash Bros. Brawl. It was a good dream, until I woke up and swore fairly loudly.

what characters will people really miss from Melee if they end up dropped?

I'll miss Doctor Mario, I only just noticed how much better than Mario he was too. Just a bit too late.

I don't think too many people will care about most Pokémon. Mewtwo, Pichu and Jigglypuff are just annoying.

I just found out how amazing Mewtwo is, boy I hope he's still in too, i mean...he's not a clone so here's hoping :D ooo and his alternative costume could be his armour suit!!

Young Link is usually my main but being a clone i can't see him making it and i've gotten over it :P

For all the Pokémon in the game, don't you think it would be a nice touch if we could pick their shiny forms as an alternate costume?

For all the Pokémon in the game, don't you think it would be a nice touch if we could pick their shiny forms as an alternate costume?

That's a wicked idea, makes me wonder what Pikachu's alternate costumes are since he's in the demo we should know by now.

Haha, my character of choice in the past two Smash Bros. has been Pikachu. I never really could get the hang of using other characters that well- especially Samus, Roy, Marth and Link... actually, I could go on so it seems I didn't get good with any of the characters!

I'm looking forward to once again unleashing some Pika thunders and trying out characters like Diddy Kong and Ike.

That's why I doubt it'll happen. Miis will likely just be assist trophies.

Would it be worth suggesting that this may even include some sort of mii-centric section of the game? I would have liked the sandbag game with Mii characters (mii characters would BE the sandbag :heh: )

I would like an area in which mii's could be used. Even if it was only for something like board the platforms.

It's all fair saying this is more of a 'traditional' game, but the sheer amount of sales/interest this will garner means Nintendo will probably want mii integration somewhere along the line.

Prime features mii as a bobble head in Samus' ship, Galaxy file saves have mii nods, Sonic, mario @ the olympics has mii integration so why would this be any different?

I like your suggestion about trophies Cube, but would non-gamers delve into the area of trophies? I really think Nintendo are going to build some mii features into this game and go for everyone. This game has vast, vast choice. Mii inclusion seems a given to me.