NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

They didn't do a great job at balancing it last time, which is why all "pros" are always Falco, Marth or Samus.

Anyway, I'm on the Wii, so I'll just point out the larger flaws in your arguament. The first being "OMG advanced moves gay lolkkodV€gv bcvvgtysyygth7uy". Firstly, I didn't say advanced techniques are bad, neither did anyone else. I specifically said wavedashing, which you can't argue isn't an unintentional bi-product of air dodging. Anyone who so much as reads the manual for Melee can L-cancel.

Let's say it was unintentional. So? It still adds more depth to the game, even if it does look a bit silly.

Let's leave it at this, I'm on a Wii keyboard clone, and I don't like wavedashing.

I don't have a problem with people disliking wavedashing, as long as they don't complain when someone uses it against them.

I don't have a problem with people disliking wavedashing, as long as they don't complain when someone uses it against them.

Because that's not a primary function of forums.

They did do a pretty good job balancing in Melee. The reason people use falco and Fox a lot is because if you get REALLY good with them they're very good; they have the most potential. To some extent marth is broken, but he's easy to combo and most of his strong match-ups are dependant on what level is chosen.

Also, about wavedashing. They did discover it before the game has come out; they've said that before. Nintendo power also did a guide on wavedashing in 2003 when it was first discovered. It just adds more depth. Why complain?

It pisses me off how people are like 'Smash is a nintendo game, it can't have depth'. Fuck off, give Nintendo some credit. Smash is a 2D fighter, and like all 2d fighters its got A LOT of depth. The only difference between Smash and games like Virtua Fighter is that Smash can be played by non-hardcore gamers; it's just stupid though when those gamers say the game isn't for hardcore gamers.

not really though. in ireland it's the slowest for changing broadband it's badly promoted and irish people by nature are lazy and hate change. but about half people who have internet have broadband these days here.

Yeah, because Ireland is a fair representation of the entire continent.

Let's say it was unintentional. So? It still adds more depth to the game, even if it does look a bit silly.

It also removes depth that was designed to be there in the first place. Wavedashing makes certain characters useless. Heck, it only makes a few characters worth using. Because of wavedashing the game is a lot less deep.

Calling someone cheap for using a technique that they took the time to master is unfair. It's not like wavedashing is easy to use, either, and it certainly isn't an 'I win' button.

Edit: Name the characters wavedashing makes useless.

Heck, it only makes a few characters worth using. Because of wavedashing the game is a lot less deep.

I'm willing to bet that thats as true as the "fact" that only Dry Bones and Yoshi are good at snaking in MKDS. I snake with Bowser, it's just slightly easier with other characters.

When this comes out I know for a fact that I wont be playing against all of these experts. Multiplayer gaming to me is about having a laugh with some mates and you cant do that unless you are at the same level as your opponent.

Im mainly a single player kind of gamer and I like to get through alot of games rather than spending time on mastering one. That said though I do respect the people that can just stick to one game and play it constantly to better themselves.

Its like when Mario Kart DS arrived and the whole snaking issue came up. Well done for those who mastered it but I would never take the time to do so nor would I play against those who can do it, much like all of these techniques in Smash Bros.

As I said earlier, when playing the MANY games of Smash that I had with my mates it was all about running around, lobbing items, avoiding pokemon and bascially having a great old time. These are the people I will be looking to play over the internet when this game arrives.

When this comes out I know for a fact that I wont be playing against all of these experts. Multiplayer gaming to me is about having a laugh with some mates and you cant do that unless you are at the same level as your opponent.

Im mainly a single player kind of gamer and I like to get through alot of games rather than spending time on mastering one. That said though I do respect the people that can just stick to one game and play it constantly to better themselves.

Its like when Mario Kart DS arrived and the whole snaking issue came up. Well done for those who mastered it but I would never take the time to do so nor would I play against those who can do it, much like all of these techniques in Smash Bros.

As I said earlier, when playing the MANY games of Smash that I had with my mates it was all about running around, lobbing items, avoiding pokemon and bascially having a great old time. These are the people I will be looking to play over the internet when this game arrives.

I totally agree - online is a bit too competative for me at times, I did learn to Snake in MKDS, but I only snaked against other who snaked (well, there was that guy who kept falling off on Rainbow Road, I got bored and snaked through the course and lapped him. Twice. Then he disconnected.)

When I play against friends (and family...Wii Sports against my 6-year-old sister is funny) I actually dumb my gaming skills down - games wouldn't be fun otherwise. Of course, against other gamers I played properly. But I don't know many proper gamers.

Play me. I played the game to death, but never truely mastered the game like others. I just had fun and enjoyed the experience of the multiplayer mayhem that Smash Bros was able to create. In mario kart i did snaking without realising i was doing it and never had to learn the skill but i check to see if the other player does it as well before i use it. I also like playing those who are skillful as well because it helps to impove my own skills at the game. :D

I'm willing to bet that thats as true as the "fact" that only Dry Bones and Yoshi are good at snaking in MKDS. I snake with Bowser, it's just slightly easier with other characters.

Yeah I snake with Bowser, so fun.

I don't understand the whole 'wavedashing makes certain characters useless' comment. Care to give an example? An also it does add depth, a lot of it to. just watch a falco or fox play and see the difference it makes.

When I play Brawl online i'm going to be playing against people who are good. I don't want to buy a 360 (yet) so this will be my main game. I play to have a laugh and have fun, and I get a lot of this whilst playing Melee. I did have a lot of fun playing with items and such, but after I started getting deeper into the game I enjoyed it far more.

I'm cool with the fact certain people won't play Brawl the way I play it, but i don't really mind, because i'm in the majority so it's all good.

Yeah I snake with Bowser, so fun.

I don't understand the whole 'wavedashing makes certain characters useless' comment. Care to give an example? An also it does add depth, a lot of it to. just watch a falco or fox play and see the difference it makes.

When I play Brawl online i'm going to be playing against people who are good. I don't want to buy a 360 (yet) so this will be my main game. I play to have a laugh and have fun, and I get a lot of this whilst playing Melee. I did have a lot of fun playing with items and such, but after I started getting deeper into the game I enjoyed it far more.

I'm cool with the fact certain people won't play Brawl the way I play it, but i don't really mind, because i'm in the majority so it's all good.

Yes, see, it gives more possibilities to Falco and Fox, removing possibilities for people favor Mario or Bowser (lol). Hence removing an entire repitoire of moves for competitive play.

Funnily enough, I was in the other boat for snaking.

Well Sakurai said there would probably be less characters to pick from. And only 2 or 3 third party characters including Snake.

On the subject of match ups, I been thinking for a while now we should get a little inter-forum battling going on. Form an N-Europe team, with a captain and stuff like that, then battle other forums. I know release is still a way away (weep), but I think it would be pretty damn awesome to get some forum rivalry going on. Anyone else interested.

Roy's just a kid compared to many FE characters; replace him with his dad:heh:

I dislike Ike.

Yes, see, it gives more possibilities to Falco and Fox, removing possibilities for people favor Mario or Bowser (lol). Hence removing an entire repitoire of moves for competitive play.

Funnily enough, I was in the other boat for snaking.

Even if wavedashing wasn't in the game they'd destroy mario and bowser. Also, wavedashing is good for falco against other falcos (waveshine wooo), but not really that great against the other characters.

Anyway, I can't wait till we have like forum-wars on brawl. N-europe ftw.

Good to hear Goron. I understand you're quite the player, you want to have a shot at captain of team N-Europe?

We should have like a huge tournament on this forum to! Just for fun, but also to see who really is the best out of you lot. I came 2nd in the tournament at my school. It was awesome :D

I hope they bring back the ready-made 64-man tournament system. That would absolutely shred in online.

Well shall we have a tournament in the first month its out to determine the ranking of people in this forum, then we'll challenge other forums. That sounds good to everyone?

Good to hear Goron. I understand you're quite the player, you want to have a shot at captain of team N-Europe?

That would be pretty awesome, but it depends on whether people would let me. And yes, I'm quite the player :heh: Me and Zell should be attending some tournies in Summer, can't wait!

I hope they bring back the ready-made 64-man tournament system. That would absolutely shred in online.

yeah that was great, but it would have to be edited. Most matches now are done as 'best of 5's' so they'd have to change it abit. I loved it however and thought it was a great addition to melee.

Also, I found out that wavedashing was added into the game (got you tysOntoast). If you open the debug menu it's called 'Land Fall Special'. It was added to prevent glitches such as airdodging through the platforms...and people said wavedashing was the glitch lol.

Well shall we have a tournament in the first month its out to determine the ranking of people in this forum, then we'll challenge other forums. That sounds good to everyone?

I'd give it at least a couple of months first actually, just until everyone has unlocked all the characters and had time to experiment and find "their guy". To do otherwise would be sacrilege against the whole process.