NEurope
Ashley

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Hmm it seems they've included a technique in the game called a Dash Pivot Grab. For those that don't know, it's a pretty big deal (probs as big as wavedashing tbh).

Also, what do people think of Marths and Falcos return? They were both so cool; i'd hate to see brawl without them...

I can see Marth returning, he wasn't a clone and yes he's now similar to Ike but a few adjustments to speed n such should sort that out. Hopefully Falco will return but they might need to give him a slightly different moveset to stop him being a Fox clone.

As for the video, yeah it's not new, but I think its wicked, i think we are to expect a number of updates now with info we already no about.

I still don't get why they aren't including Krystal (as far as we know).

Her addition of a staff would be great for combat.

Hmm it seems they've included a technique in the game called a Dash Pivot Grab. For those that don't know, it's a pretty big deal (probs as big as wavedashing tbh).

Also, what do people think of Marths and Falcos return? They were both so cool; i'd hate to see brawl without them...

I think Falco has a greater chance of returning than Marth, though Falco was extremely simialr to Fox and I can't really see how they could make his move set different enough!

Marth jus looks too similar to Ike! and whilst his moves may be different I think the characters are just to similar. I'd say Roy has a better chance of return (because he looks different) with an updated moveset that may include some of Marths.

Could very well be a second new Fire Emblem character however!

Personally I don't think any Melee characters should be left out even if they are 'clones', just give them some different moves!

That video was awesome, I loved it when it ended with them both pointing into the camera. :heh:

Mmm.. Is it me or is today's update sort of.. Crap?

I mean, I saw that video on gametrailers, and even then it wasn't all that good. Ahh well. I guess I'll just have to wait 'till tomorrow.

Oh no! Let's listen to Linkin Park and cut our wrists!

How can you say the updates are crap? We don't even get this sort of treatment for games such as Zelda and Mario.

I think Marth has a very big chance to return he was a very popular character and IMO the most important character in the Fire Emblem series. And the Fire Emblem icon is his sword (Falchion) and his game is getting a remake for the DS.

Falco is doubtful but I think he will still make it.

Falco shouldn't be playable, hes nothing but a clone. Put Krystal in instead to represent the fox series with Fox himself. Marth could return, but runs the risk of being too similar to Ike...

How can you say the updates are crap? We don't even get this sort of treatment for games such as Zelda and Mario.

I know, I know :D

I do love the updates! Even the ones that suck :P

Falco shouldn't be playable, hes nothing but a clone. Put Krystal in instead to represent the fox series with Fox himself. Marth could return, but runs the risk of being too similar to Ike...

After hearing some impression of Ike he's very different from Marth. He's very slow and has different B moves except for the counter.

I still don't get why they aren't including Krystal (as far as we know).

Her addition of a staff would be great for combat.

I'd like an extra fast, close combat character to choose from. She'd be a damn sight better then Falco, who was just a slightly obese Fox.

Also, best update in ages, in my opinion.

I might post another potential character moveset by the end of this week (i'm thinking King DeDeDe at the moment as i've already got a few ideas).

Anyone else slightly annoyed with the fact you can't choose Zero Suit Samus at all instead of regular Samus in a similar fashion to how you could choose Sheik instead of Zelda?

I think Krystal should take the place of Falco.

Instead, let's have an assist trophy where Star Fox and Star Wolf sweep in from both sides and go into combat, with anyone caught up in the firing taking massive damage?

I think Marth has a very big chance to return he was a very popular character and IMO the most important character in the Fire Emblem series. And the Fire Emblem icon is his sword (Falchion) and his game is getting a remake for the DS.

Falco is doubtful but I think he will still make it.

I'm pretty sure Ike was intended to replace Marth.

I'd defiantly rather see Christal than Folco though.

The only other returning characters will probably be Ness, Captain Folcon, and Ganondorf (maybe mewtwo).

I was very suprised to see the ice climbers return.

I might post another potential character moveset by the end of this week (i'm thinking King DeDeDe at the moment as i've already got a few ideas).

Anyone else slightly annoyed with the fact you can't choose Zero Suit Samus at all instead of regular Samus in a similar fashion to how you could choose Sheik instead of Zelda?

Prior to melee's release, did anybody knew about Sheik being selectable instead of Zelda?

About Marth and Falco, I'd say Marth is a shoe-in (for the reasons posted above).

Falco is a bit more difficult, but he's the clone with most fans. I'll risk a little bit and say Falco's in.

Today's update was cool. I hadn't seen it yet, so it was a nice surprise.

Gotta say it's the best Subspace video yet.

Prior to melee's release, did anybody knew about Sheik being selectable instead of Zelda?

Hopefully you're right here (in that its not known) so we can assume Sakurai will implement a similar system for Samus.

You said you didn't see how wavedashing could help you win, so how is it a big deal?

You said you didn't see how wavedashing could help you win, so how is it a big deal?

Well it's pretty bloody useful.

Also, Ike is completely different to marth and if anything he's more like roy in that he is slow.

Marth alongside Ike would make sense as Marth is fast and elegant whereas Ike is slow.

I'd say that Falco will definately return, he's too big of a character in the Starfox universe. He may be a clone, but the subtle difference in his moves made him feel very different to Fox, at least compared to a lot of other clones.

Sounds intersting, fill me in. I would guess that would be grabbing in the middle of a dashdance or something?

I'd say that Falco will definately return, he's too big of a character in the Starfox universe. He may be a clone, but the subtle difference in his moves made him feel very different to Fox, at least compared to a lot of other clones.

Sounds intersting, fill me in. I would guess that would be grabbing in the middle of a dashdance or something?

it allows you to turn around a grab instantly whilst running. pretty useful, though i rekon it'd be very hard execute at first.

wow...the onett stage in melee has the same base of tune as a joseph song, makes me more happy about the brawl music ='D

also

the newcomers have hardly any of their final smashs announced

AND

ice climbers have little info =(

Eh, fill me in please... what's wavedashing? :confused:

Anyway, I liked the video. Even though I'm not a big fan of Diddy he looked cool in there. =D

Eh, fill me in please... what's wavedashing? :confused:

Anyway, I liked the video. Even though I'm not a big fan of Diddy he looked cool in there. =D

Watch this video

i wonder if we'll get a mario galaxy style level - that'd be cool.

I can't believe nobody picked up on this one: but that would be an awesome idea imo! It could be a sort of Poke-floats style level, with differing gravity, black holes, different sizes of planet...it would be ace!