N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Spoilers Topic)

Ashley

i think this will be the stage that i will choose alot i really like it

i always liked stages in fighting games where things happen in the background and this is just perfect a Battle in the midst of war where you fight and then fall down in the Castle and later on when you smash everything you fall down even further into the dungeon really cool

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Castle Siege

This stage represents the Fire Emblem world.

It’s an enemy castle in the midst of battle – but it’s not set in a particular castle, nor is it from a particular game in the series.

stage09_070802a.jpg

It’s taking heavy fire, huh?

There are plenty of scenes like this throughout the Fire Emblem series, aren’t there? So imagine it however you choose.

stage09_070802b.jpg

Fireballs launched by catapults dance in the skies above the castle. Then, as time passes...

stage09_070802c.jpg

The floor shatters and everyone falls into the castle!

See the stone statues in the throne room? You can break them to bits.

stage09_070802d.jpg

Down it goes!

Oh, but it doesn’t end here.

stage09_070802e.jpg

Quick! To the underground!

What’s the underground like? You can look forward to finding out later.

That reminds me of Batman. XD

XD

but this stage does look pretty awesome, i wonder when they'll get some pokemon stages in, i think they should put spear pillar in it with dialga and palkia (maybe darkrai) fighting eachother, and the battle would inflict damage on the stage until arceus comes and resets it.

Just arrived home now to find this update. Cool indeed. I mentioned the very fact yesterday possibly about how you get to the interior of the castle and I was right! :smile:

You know how you see the warfare going on the castle grounds in the trailer, I reckon, they fire projectiles at the castle which breaks a chunk of the castle off and you fall into the interior section... How it reverses back I don't know.

^----------------

Just arrived home now to find this update. Cool indeed. I mentioned the very fact yesterday possibly about how you get to the interior of the castle and I was right! :smile:

ya the first thing i thought of was, hey, hew was right o_O, lol good job man

XD

but this stage does look pretty awesome, i wonder when they'll get some pokemon stages in, i think they should put spear pillar in it with dialga and palkia (maybe darkrai) fighting eachother, and the battle would inflict damage on the stage until arceus comes and resets it.

Na that wouldn't happen. At least featuring Arceus as we aren't meant to know about it yet

Na that wouldn't happen. At least featuring Arceus as we aren't meant to know about it yet

oh i know, i just think that would be cool :D congrats for the forum making it to 200 pages

dude you own serebii? dude i go there all the time!! great job with the site man, *shakes hand*

Messing with the brightness and contrast of the underground pic makes it slightly more clearer. I've, err, done this one for you, so you can have a look.

castlesiegeunderground.jpg

Wonder if a dragon lives down there or something. You never know...

And yay for Fire Emblem updates! And all that speculation on the castle flags to determine the specific Fire Emblem game gone to waste, eh. :heh:

Messing with the brightness and contrast of the underground pic makes it slightly more clearer. I've, err, done this one for you, so you can have a look.

And yay for Fire Emblem updates! And all that speculation on the castle flags to determine the specific Fire Emblem game gone to waste, eh. :heh:

Looks like there's lava pools down there! Hot.

Nicely done. I like this one, like a 3 in 1 shampoo.

A dragon would be so surprising :indeed:

i think the next update will be about a smash attack i hope from Pit becouse i really want to know wat he will unleash and becouse he became my favorite character since they anounced him

My bet is on an item or pokeball. We have had one character and one stage update two days in a row, so I think there will be small updates the next few days.

UPDATE = What is the Subspace Emissary?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary is a robust side-scrolling action game!

modea02_070803logo.jpg

- This is the Subspace Emissary! -

modea02_070803a-l.jpg

modea02_070803b-l.jpg

modea02_070803c-l.jpg

modea02_070803e-l.jpg

modea02_070803f-l.jpg

modea02_070803g-l.jpg

More than anything, Smash Bros. is a competitive action game. People have been kind enough to praise its multiplayer, but we’ve never been able to create a fully fleshed out single-player game.

This time, though, we’ve managed to create a complete side-scrolling action game. It’s storyline isn’t overwrought—it’s hastened along by a bunch of quick movies.

modea02_070803h-l.jpg

modea02_070803i-l.jpg

modea02_070803j-l.jpg

modea02_070803k-l.jpg

modea02_070803l-l.jpg

modea02_070803m-l.jpg

The Adventure mode also emphasizes character development. You’ll see many famous characters persevering under the weight of their personal histories, shouldering their unique burdens... It’s really something you won’t see anywhere else.

[MOVIE CONTAINED WITHIN UPDATE ON WEBSITE...]

With so many wonderful characters appearing together, it’s like a dream action game. We’re putting tons of fighting spirit into making this game, so I hope you’re all looking forward to it.

Oh, and this is all included in the same Game Disc, so rest easy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without a doubt, the best and most significant site update thus far. What a way to end weekday updates for another week! Peach also reconfirmed as a returning playable character...

Best. Update. Evar.

Oh, and here's part of a Game Informer Interview with Eiji Aonuma concerning Zelda, which had a mention of Brawl.

GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm