Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Ashley

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last thing Nintendo want is having two of their biggest titles going on sale, head-to-head, on the same day.

Smart solution: Hold one back. I say release Zelda for launch, and keep Metroid back a few weeks or so.

You knows it makes sense.

I can see where your coming from but, I think most peolpes launch games were Zelda TP and MP3.

I think it's right to delay one of them. Don't force too much must-have titles down the fan's throats.

That way MP3 can be improved even more and people can concentrate on TP and after that on MP3.

IMO, the more launch titles the better. Then there's something for everyone from Day One and there's no reason why they shouldn't get a Wii. Selling consoles at launch is more important than selling them later.

More launch titles = more hype around the release of Wii = more initial sales of Wii.

I want this game to be delayed till next year.

Think about it that way we have something awesome to play when it's released which we wouldn't of. Also far cry and red steel will sell better which will mean better third party support which is great for us. So I think the only option is a delay.

I want this game to be delayed till next year.

Think about it that way we have something awesome to play when it's released which we wouldn't of. Also far cry and red steel will sell better which will mean better third party support which is great for us. So I think the only option is a delay.

i think i do too!i mean it's not like metroid is going to be a killer app for the casual or even the hardcore who would all scream to buy zelda.I love metroid prime but hated the way the first 2 sold!This will crash next to red steel and zelda

People are starting to talk about either/or in terms of game release. Don't forget that they are being developed by different studios.

My personal view on the matter is that the Wii needs a high quality, high impact release. It needs its IP to wipe the floor with the (let's face it) poor range of 360 games so far. Remember that with the VC and the release games the Wii instantly has a range of games that totals any other system so they need to play on that card. Also Retro and the other studios have been making these games for a while now, let them finish and get on with making more games to cram into the shelves.

I want the game selection for the Wii to be like Willy Wonka's sweety garden:

factory5.jpg

People are starting to talk about either/or in terms of game release. Don't forget that they are being developed by different studios.

My personal view on the matter is that the Wii needs a high quality, high impact release. It needs its IP to wipe the floor with the (let's face it) poor range of 360 games so far. Remember that with the VC and the release games the Wii instantly has a range of games that totals any other system so they need to play on that card. Also Retro and the other studios have been making these games for a while now, let them finish and get on with making more games to cram into the shelves.

I want the game selection for the Wii to be like Willy Wonka's sweety garden:

factory5.jpg

I like the way you think!

My personal view on the matter is that the Wii needs a high quality, high impact release. It needs its IP to wipe the floor with the (let's face it) poor range of 360 games so far.

Do you have a 360? There have been plenty of quality games already and a lot more coming out before the end of the year.

Do you have a 360? There have been plenty of quality games already and a lot more coming out before the end of the year.

Bar the odd title, the majority of the 360s range is made up of shooters, racers and high action games. I call this a small range of games. Admittedly I don't have a 360 but this is what I know from what I read. Just a glance over the review page on ign made it seem almost all action, action, shooter, action, racer.

From what I saw from E3, that isn't going to change very quickly and most of the different genre games are Live Arcade gmaes like geometry wars. But my point wasn't really meant to be about 360, it was about the Wii offering people a variety so that it becomes accessible for everyone.

Still, to echo points - there's no way the Wii can hope to "wipe the floor" with the current 360 games on launch day. There are now quite a few high quality, fun 360 titles out and by Wii launch Dead Rising will be out here, so will Saints Row (woo GTA clone....again) and Gears of War will probably be right around the corner.

But yeah I agree that the Wii needs every game it can get on launch day.

Still, to echo points - there's no way the Wii can hope to "wipe the floor" with the current 360 games on launch day. There are now quite a few high quality, fun 360 titles out and by Wii launch Dead Rising will be out here, so will Saints Row (woo GTA clone....again) and Gears of War will probably be right around the corner.

But yeah I agree that the Wii needs every game it can get on launch day.

Maybe it won't wipe the floor with the hardcore crowd but it will easily be more appealing for the more casual or non gamer. I just don't think so many people care for all that actiony stuff as everyone thinks they do. Looking at the 360 range is like looking at the combined filmography of Sly Stalone and Arnie. "Lets get the big guns out!"

So maybe I shouldn't be talking in absolutes. But I think that removing MP3 from the release would only hurt the platform.

What they really need is great adverstising and not a specific game...

And if the launch everything in day one, they will have serious problems the months after that....with just mario and smash bros....

After Leipzig i think we'll learn that they have much more in they'r sleeves.

Thay can fill those months with games like Mario Kart, Wario Ware or a decent Mario Party game that makes use of the controller, Pokémon Battle Revolution, the rumored kid ikarus, starfox, etc.

And all the great 3rd parties.

What they really need is great adverstising and not a specific game...

And if the launch everything in day one, they will have serious problems the months after that....with just mario and smash bros....

Well there will be Sonic, Elebits, Dragon Quest and Project Hammer to shift some sales aswell.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!