NEurope
Ashley

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Great find Dante,I'm liking the whole thing about the updated graphics.Hope we get new screens so we can see this difference.

Graphics have been updated since E3, we have more memory and with the new GPU/CPU architecture you're going to see a very noticeable difference in the quality of visuals.
I like that. They already pulled off the Metroid demo with overclocked Cube hardware, that's impressive.

here, for example:

-> http://gonintendo.com/?p=3940

Thanks. I ironically had read magazine today, but skipped the interview because I excepted it to not have anything new. If someone wants to read interview, latest issue of Hardcore Gamer Magazine can be download free as a PDF from company's own site (you need latest Adobe Acrobat or other PDF 1.6 compliant reader). Link is below:

http://www.luv2game.com/luv2game/index.html?fuseaction=news.shownews&news_id=55

Im surprised how little this has been talked about, not even on the first Wii page. tut tut

oh i was looking for this.i suppose we don't have anymore than we did since e3,i guess we could talk about what u want to be in the game

i would kill for a co op mode and a muliplayer mode and online.ign think that there should be no muliplayer and that they should focus on the single alone,i disagree fair enough if time is an issue don't rush the single to shove in a muliplayer.but the more modes the better

oh i was looking for this.i suppose we don't have anymore than we did since e3,i guess we could talk about what u want to be in the game

i would kill for a co op mode and a muliplayer mode and online.ign think that there should be no muliplayer and that they should focus on the single alone,i disagree fair enough if time is an issue don't rush the single to shove in a muliplayer.but the more modes the better

Personally, I agree with IGN if this is gonna make launch then they have got to focus on Single player only. If you think about it theres not that much time left. Focus on single player is what I say and forget a hashed on multiplayer. If want a multiplayer FPS I'll buy COD 3 or Red Steel or Farcry. More than enough to choose from.

i suppose your right but u can't say that hunters wasn't fun!In that case i'll look forward to red steel

Yeah but hunters was created around the multiplayer and the single player wasn't exactly "whaaaahooo" material was it?

Yeah but hunters was created around the multiplayer and the single player wasn't exactly "whaaaahooo" material was it?

They delayed Hunters to add the multi-player,it was initially just going to be a snigle player only.Good thing they did add the multi-player because that's what saved it.

They delayed Hunters to add the multi-player,it was initially just going to be a snigle player only.Good thing they did add the multi-player because that's what saved it.

You're actually dead wrong. Hunters was a multiplayer focused game, they delayed it to add online and make a better single player. This is one of the best mulitplayer games I've played.

You're actually dead wrong. Hunters was a multiplayer focused game, they delayed it to add online and make a better single player. This is one of the best mulitplayer games I've played.

Especially for a handheld!! But come on. I want a TRUE metroid experience. Im dying for one. Retro better deliver because I have my doubts:blank:

Especially for a handheld!! But come on. I want a TRUE metroid experience. Im dying for one. Retro better deliver because I have my doubts:blank:

I want a 2d metroid for DS. Pretty please

I want a 2d metroid for DS. Pretty please

What about a Heli attack style 2d Metroid for Wii even better. With online co-op. I've thought about it for a while and I think it would be superb.

3d Pwns All though!

I hope in this game, you will be able to use the ice beam to create platforms like you could in 2d metroids. Would make interesting puzzles (there needs to be more puzzles in prime 3, apart from the ones where you just have to scan stuff to open a door).

apart from the ones where you just have to scan stuff to open a door).

But those puzzles are the hardest we don't need more like them :shakehead

I hope in this game, you will be able to use the ice beam to create platforms like you could in 2d metroids. Would make interesting puzzles (there needs to be more puzzles in prime 3, apart from the ones where you just have to scan stuff to open a door).

Sounds like it would work well in 3D.

Im surprised how little this has been talked about, not even on the first Wii page. tut tut

I think there are plenty of Metroid fans here (myself included), but the lack of news is a bit disappointing.

How do people feel about the immersiveness of MP3? I was quite surprised to see the video of the galactic trooper telling Samus in plain english what she needed to do. That and the fact that there are other Hunters in the game will probably have the purists up in arms.

I think there are plenty of Metroid fans here (myself included), but the lack of news is a bit disappointing.

How do people feel about the immersiveness of MP3? I was quite surprised to see the video of the galactic trooper telling Samus in plain english what she needed to do. That and the fact that there are other Hunters in the game will probably have the purists up in arms.

Where did you see that video?

Actually troopers telling her what to do and others Hunter are two of the best things that could happen to the Prime series imo. For me it felt a bit too lonely and most of the enemies were a waste of time to kill but the new Hunters could change this.

Working with some troops against other Hunters also would give her a much more believeable Bounty Hunter reputations than killing bugs and such - that also why I prefer Hunters to the rest of the Prime games. And as you already said, it will make the game much more immersive.

I would like to know where did you see that video too.

I need a 2D metroid somewhere, and if the Wii metroids are going to be 3D, then they have to fit the 2D ones somewhere.

I love the sound of those context sensitive events like in RE4. Really keeps you on your toes :D

Actually troopers telling her what to do and others Hunter are two of the best things that could happen to the Prime series imo. For me it felt a bit too lonely and most of the enemies were a waste of time to kill but the new Hunters could change this.

But thats the whole point of Metroid. Isolation. Lonelyess. Its just you, a bounty hunter stuck on a dead planet in the far reaches of the galaxy, trying to save it and your only aid is your trusty plasma canon and some upgrades. Still, as long as Samus herself doesn't start yapping I don't mind and the new bounty hunters so far seem much better designed and plain cooler than the ghastly ones from Hunters.

It's on the DVD that came free with the first issue of ONM, and it looks like it was from the E3 show floor. It shows a cutscene of Samus' ship landing on a space station amidst canon fire - I think the canon fire is aimed at Space Pirate ships that are flying around. The ship lands and a lift descends from the bottom of the ship with Samus on it. She steps off and talks to a Galactic Trooper (the same model as those you see in Metroid Prime 2).

Perspective changes to FP and the Trooper talks to Samus using both verbal speech and subtitles. He tells Samus about the Space Pirates' attack, that there are other hunters around and then tells Samus to go inside and find any survivors (I think. The player was skipping his speech a lot unfortunately!).

I have mixed feelings. While I'd like to feel more immersed in a living, breathing world of people, I understand the importance of loneliness and isolation to the Metroid series. It's what gives Metroid games their identity. By abandoning it, it starts to slip into the much more generic sci-fi shooter that we've seen hundreds of times before.

Also, here is a video I hadn't seen until today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM4xGBFQYYc

It shows the demo that plays when you don't press Start. This might satisfy those who wondered what Hyper Mode would be. There is also:

In-game ziplining.

*Massive* enemies.

Return of the screw-attack/walljump.

Phazon Lady (Suitless Dark Samus?).

And loads more.