Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

I read the entire preview, looks like its shaping up well, but I want to see a preview completely independent from Nintendo [i.E. 1UP.com, IGN etc]:

I must admit, even back at E3 I had concerns about the controls. Would the Wii Remote swordplay get tedious? Would it be tiring? Is the pointing device accurate enough to get me out of a tight spot at the drop of a hat? Thankfully the answers are 'no, 'no' and 'yes'. I have to say though, there’s a mental barrier to cross with the Wii, and it’s one that I’m only just beginning to break through.

The problem is, even though I know the pointer works relatively (as opposed to where I’m pointing on the screen), I still find myself wanting to point at specific areas of the screen. So I’ll have the bow out and I swear I’m pointing at the screen. The thing is I’m not supposed to be. My Sensor Bar is actually sat a foot below the screen because it’s easier to have it there. So when I’m pointing directly at the Sensor Bar, that is interpreted as dead-centre (on the vertical plain). It takes a while for your head to readjust but once it does everything is so much easier. I had the same issues with Red Steel.

With that hurdle overcome, the pointing device is stunningly accurate. . . way more accurate than an analogue stick.

So is the conclusion from this paragraph that the controls are FINE but theres just a longer than unsual learning curve is that right, so no major repercussions on the games score, no more than .1 minused from the final review score?

Theres no flaws with the control scheme as such, all he is saying is that basically theres a learning curve to using the Wii control scheme as you actually have to aim at the sensor bar as opposed to aiming directly on the TV screen, but when eventually mastered, it is awesome with pin point preciseness. Swordfight has a "natural lag" to recognise the motion so thats not a flaw. Most reviewers are professional gamers, at most the game would be penalised .1 off the score but nothing more. But after all, the target audience for this game isn't for everyone, its for the experienced gamer.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My god, add [.spoiler][./spoiler] tags! >_>

Finally got them working... :nono:

It's cool how huge Epona is.

I loved that artwork in the 'Dec' ONM, It made me feel all funny.:D

This is just reflective of the fact that everything has been increased in size as BIGGER is perceived as better and in a game such as this, IT IS. Everything from the overworld, the horse, the length of the game, Links Master Sword, the amount of characters to the amount of items. The only thing that hasn't been UPSIZED is the amount of official dungeons [Not including smaller dungeon TYPE places], the amount is about on par with OOT, or so has been said courtesy of gaming news sources.

It's cool how huge Epona is.

I loved that artwork in the 'Dec' ONM, It made me feel all funny.:D

Makes me feel funny to, remember the first time you jumped over the gate of the farm in OOT and galloped out onto Hyrule field, a truly magnficient gaming moment. Here's hoping TP can come with some equally great moments...

Are the reactions in the Wii Experience videos for Twilight Princess legitimate or are they deliberately exaggerated [due to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$]?

You wouldn't be smiling if you had the opportunity like these people to be one of a very people outside of the gaming industry to have a play of the final build of what could be the best game of this current decade?

I'm just worried that I will not enjoy this game that much now that I have seen the next generation graphics...

I'll be brutally honest, I love my 360. But 360 graphics so far have done little to impress me. PGR3 was PGR2 with higher poly models and better lighting the same with Double Agent the new Splinter Cell game.

926934_20061017_screen005.jpg

XBOX

926929_20060717_screen002.jpg

(Yes that is the same mission)

Garrrrrh! I more and more want it for the Wii, but there is still something in me that still wants the old controls for the game... Grrrrrr, I hate this situation! Can't we get some footage with the GC version too? oh brother... This is freaking me out :cry:

First of all, in the Wii version. Is Link always blocking with his shield when in combat? In te GC version you have to hold the R-shoulder button like it's always been, but what about with the Wii. If so, doesn't this suck? I mean, with Link automatically blocking all the time in combat? Won't it make Link too invincible, and make it a bit too easy sometimes? I've always loved how you have to combine blocking with attacking! Have they really taking this away?

And then the camera controls. In the GC version (just like you did in TWW) you used the C-stick to control the camera, making the camera free (unlike in OoT and MM) and you being able to completely control the camera and put it where you want it... But what about the camera controls in the Wii version. How do you control it with the Wiimote and the Nunchuck? I've been thinking about this for a while, and watched the last gameplay footage of Wii TP over and over again (footage also from the E3 2k6), and from what I can see no one is able to control the cameras like you could in TWW and the GC version of TP. Won't that suck? I mean, I really loved moving the camera so freely in TWW...

Am I just missing a thing here, or what? Does someone have an answer to these things? :hmm:

Graphics doesn't make a game! At least not a complete one! Can't people see that? I can't believe that i just heard that people don't know if they woulb buy this game cause is not nex-gen graphics. This game is beautifuly visually, that i really do not understand that! If you don't want to buy because Zelda doesn't say nothing to you, i respect that. But don't say it becaus it's not nex-gen graphics. This is probably the best game ever. Just think about it! And no, i'm not talking with all my hype. I'm talking with facts!

Except, theres continual mention of lag when swining the Wii Mote, is that in order for the gesture to be recognised on screen. This better not significantly penalise the game.

The guy from ONM, who tould the impressions about the game said that it was a "split-second thing". Do you really think that would penalise the game? I've seen it a lot of gamplay since the new gamplay swordfighting and it seems they're loving it!

Whats all this i see about Zelda not being "next gen" graphics?

Look at it chirst sake, its the most beautiful looking game i have seen that is coming in the next year, and yes i have seen PS3 games, Z:TP is pure art, its almost like a CGI movie

Except, theres continual mention of lag when swining the Wii Mote, is that in order for the gesture to be recognised on screen. This better not significantly penalise the game.

Yes it is. And everyone has said that it isn't a big deal of lag and that it isn't too bad. It just so that the Wii can recognise the movements of the Wiimote, nothing more.

Whats all this i see about Zelda not being "next gen" graphics?

Look at it chirst sake, its the most beautiful looking game i have seen that is coming in the next year, and yes i have seen PS3 games, Z:TP is pure art, its almost like a CGI movie

Can't deny that! True true true :grin:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!