N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

He’s wearing a chain mail shirt, a shield, and a sword. Have you ever worn chain mail? It’s freaking heavy. Not to mention his sword is rather large. I doubt the shield is light either.

someone is taking this way to serious no?....u know that i was just trying to say that if weight was realisc in the game then it would be impossible for like to hold all he does...its not the reason he runs funny..i never even thought he ran funny to start with...just chill man its just a game its not real...link is not going to have back problems in the future cause his shild is to heavy..that would be pretty funny in the game tho haha if he hurt his back

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i spent last night watching movies of this on youtube (after over a year of being a good boy avoiding as much info as piossible to avoid spoilers)

And it just hit me at the potentail scale of this game, its world and dept of it story and characters is gonna be awesome. I'll be getting other games on launch day but i reckon once i play TP that is all i will be able to play for the rest of the year

I think the running looks.. Just.. Regular? I don't understand what you guys are on about, to be honest.

Sorry... I was totally screwing around. I wasn't serious. This game will be ausome no matter how link runs. Besides, I waited 6 hours in freezing cold Minnesota weather to preorder my wii.

WOah! Can't wait to see that new trailer! I just don't get how the Aussies get to see it first!?

I'm a little worried though that it might contain a bit too many spoilers... from that description, that was posted... I mean... actually seeing Zelda peforming magic! Link's very first transformation into the wolf, and Link pulling up the Master Sword... It might be a bit risky... hmm... But I just know I can't resist it... It just sounds too good to view another official Zelda TP trailer...! Wuuuh! Damnit... I'm just not strong enough... But who is!?

:) ooooh... And we get to see a new town scene! Ooooh, my hands are shaking! :cry:

Ooooh, and several new screenshots too? Oh boy! Bloody good!!!! :D

It should be released by wednesday, tomorrow? Oh thank you God/Nintendo.... (whoever might be responsible for this :D)

Guest Stefkov

Im so hyping for this game that ive been listening to the soundtrack of Zelda that i got with a Nintendo mag aaaages ago. Its hell trying to convert them though, the names are in japanse. Unless anyone knows of a converter that i can use, for free?

Im so hyping for this game that ive been listening to the soundtrack of Zelda that i got with a Nintendo mag aaaages ago. Its hell trying to convert them though, the names are in japanse. Unless anyone knows of a converter that i can use, for free?

Did you get that DVD with ONM last month? If so PLEASE send me the files on MSN, I need something to quench my thirst! :smile:

Guest Stefkov
Did you get that DVD with ONM last month? If so PLEASE send me the files on MSN, I need something to quench my thirst! :smile:

That is one yes, but the one im listening to with all the names in japanese is from the Nintendo mag, before it went for ONM, ages ago. I'm not sure what the difference is, there might be some different tunes in it.

sure whats your email, i may have it but just to be sure. send via pm, kep this less cluttered.

That attempt of getting the text out is alright, however you can see he's just smudged it awayon the bottom of the shield and his tights.

GamePro was recently invited to Nintendo of America to play Twilight Princess for five hours before anyone else in North America, and in their newest issue, they've decided to share their impressions of the final build with us. Again, this is just like the other Edge and ONM issues where it reveals quite a bit, but this time, they reveal info about the first dungeon, and more.

So, here's the basic information from the issue:

The Fairy Icon is still present in the final build.

You begin the game with a Slingshot to get you accustomed to aiming with the Wii Remote.

Soon after you receive your sword, Link is sucked into the Twilight Realm.

Wolf Link controls much the same as human mode, excep the D-pad activates Wolf Link's "animal sense".

"Sense" shrinks down your field of vision, but allows Link to see things that normal eyes could not.

One example given is the GamePro staff followed a scent trail of some kidnampped villagers.

Pushing on the direction pad also allows Wolf Link to dig for treasure or burrow through tunnels.

The Built-in speaker plays a crucial role in the Twilight Realm. If you run into an area where you think it is a dead end, Midna will laugh sometimes, signaling she has a clue to offer. It's basically the same thing as Navi's "hey, listen!" in Ocarina of Time, I assume.

There is a SPECIAL spin attack, which has to recharge after use, and the speaker will chime to let you know it is ready to be used again.

Midna is a mischievous demon, according to GamePro.

The first dungeon takes a long time to reach (they only had five hours, so use your imagination).

The Gale Force Boomerang is the item you receive in the first dungeon - this also, if the demos hold true, reveals the first dungeon is the Forest Temple from E3 2005.

Aonuma reveals, in a mini-interview, the GCN version's "orientation" was the default, and that Wii is the "mirrored" title.

GamePro asks about a rumor they heard that Link is left handed because Miyamoto is left handed and asks about why Link is a righty now (we confirmed this at E3 2006 when we asked the man himself), but Aonuma responds that it was Miyamoto's decision, not his, to make Link a righty because Miyamoto was using his right hand for the Wii Remote. Because Miyamoto did that, he felt most gamers would do that, and that's why it was done.

Aonuma says the reason Link is a lefty (and he does say Miyamoto is a lefty) is not because Miyamoto is lefty! He says he will reveal this at a later time. I call BS on this, even if he is the creator - Miyamoto told THREE of us in person, with Bill Trinen as a witness, that Link is a lefty because HE is a lefty. Methinks something is fishy here, but alas, who are we to argue with the creators? Oh yeah, Aonuma has a mustache now...he looks like Miyazaki.

The full interview will be online at GamePro.com next month.

I can't help but wonder if aanuema is just screwing with us. He takes the lamest things and claims there is some grand connection. Mabe he is just playing an ongoing joke with people who are trying to develope a timeline when he says that he is going to make it clear with the next games.:bouncy:

I read the entire preview, looks like its shaping up well, but I want to see a preview completely independent from Nintendo [i.E. 1UP.com, IGN etc]:

I must admit, even back at E3 I had concerns about the controls. Would the Wii Remote swordplay get tedious? Would it be tiring? Is the pointing device accurate enough to get me out of a tight spot at the drop of a hat? Thankfully the answers are 'no, 'no' and 'yes'. I have to say though, there’s a mental barrier to cross with the Wii, and it’s one that I’m only just beginning to break through.

The problem is, even though I know the pointer works relatively (as opposed to where I’m pointing on the screen), I still find myself wanting to point at specific areas of the screen. So I’ll have the bow out and I swear I’m pointing at the screen. The thing is I’m not supposed to be. My Sensor Bar is actually sat a foot below the screen because it’s easier to have it there. So when I’m pointing directly at the Sensor Bar, that is interpreted as dead-centre (on the vertical plain). It takes a while for your head to readjust but once it does everything is so much easier. I had the same issues with Red Steel.

With that hurdle overcome, the pointing device is stunningly accurate. . . way more accurate than an analogue stick.

So is the conclusion from this paragraph that the controls are FINE but theres just a longer than unsual learning curve is that right, so no major repercussions on the games score, no more than .1 minused from the final review score?