N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

I knew something like this was going to happen. First I noticed that Red Steel sucks and Metroid Prime doesn't look that good. Super Mario Galaxy seems a bit boring and I'm afraid that SSBR will suck. And now this.

Fortunately I can buy the Cube version of TP providing that they release it :)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hylia hands-on

www.thehylia.com

My concerns that I have posted several times have now been confirmed. :nono:

I'm willing to put a substantial sum of money [a bet] that Z:TP will suffer in reviews with the control scheme for the Wii version being buggy [after giving it some thought and trying to be more leniant towards possible flaws my predicition for a score is still 8.8/10,] it has now substantially dropped from my anticipation list. F****N fix it Nintendo! Otherwise i'm 100% guaranteed not buying this game EVER as I know I will notice every single flaw and feel disappointed every time I play it, "Its good, but could've been so much better and I wasted $100 on an average game at best when it was said it was going to be the best zelda game ever". FINGERS CROSSED THEY WILL FIX these controller issues, otherwise, no purchase. NINTENDO PROVE ME WRONG, PROVE ME WRONG, BLOW US AWAY WITH AT THE VERY LEAST, THE THIRD BEST GAME EVER RELEASED. :mad: --> Will change subject to END RESULT or will escalate if this becomes a reality which it SHOULDN'T.

I knew something like this was going to happen. First I noticed that Red Steel sucks and Metroid Prime doesn't look that good. Super Mario Galaxy seems a bit boring and I'm afraid that SSBR will suck. And now this.

Zelda: Twilight Princess 8.8/10 <-- [Mostly due to buggy sword mechanics]

Red Steel - 7.3/10 <-- [Mostly due to buggy controls all together hampering gameplay significantly]

Metroid Prime <-- 8.9/10 [Mostly due to most controller schemes other than expert being buggy and hampering gameplay when anything other than expert configuration is used]

Super Mario Galaxy 9.0/10 <-- [Due to linerarity and lack of MASSIVE environments, small clusters of planets will get boring]

but...

I reckon Super Smash Bros Brawl will be the highest scoring Wii game at least in the short term of games released on the Wii early in its life due to using a more traditional controller.

Fortunately I can buy the Cube version of TP providing that they release it :)

1. The New red steel trailer looks great and IGN said that during their hands on of it, they were very pleased by it.

2. Metroid looks amazing and just like IGN said 'metroid feels like a different game'. The expert controls really look like this game will be the best.

3. You haven't even played Galaxy.

4. If you're referring to Brawl, we havent seen any in game footage of it.

5. The control scheme for Zelda got some very positive reviews. They've got a few things to correct but it will be amazing.

I'm mostly concerned about the way you control the games. I just watched the new Red Steel trailer and it looked a lot better than before. The expert mode in Metroid Prime 3 didn't impress me. Maybe it was because of the really bad player :/

The hands-on impressions of www.thehylia.com didn't praise the controls.

I hope Nintendo can proove me wrong.

EDIT: Before anyone says anything, I won't be watching those new videos because I'm afraid of spoilers.

Why are people saying it's buggy,it looks fine.

I ain't watching it. The only bit of new video i've seen was in that Wii preview footage at the conference! I want as many surprises as possible! :D

Like when you see a certain beautiful area for the first time etc...

Although, i doubt it's buggy. It's finished now isn't it?

Geez...

Why is everyone moaning about swinging your arm to use the sword. I'm in the army right now, and I can tell you that the durability of your arm increases quite rapidly if you train it. At first my left arm kept going numb from aiming in either standing or sitting stance, just after a few seconds. Now, less than a month later, I can hold the damn thing for five minutes without a fuss...

Hereby I pronnounce the Wii the official "bodybuilder-console"!

I expect they are adding extra sidequests and small touches by now.

Hopefully with this time they have until November Nintendo will be able to perfect the controls, they normally come through.

Oh yeah to the person who asking earlier, I believe you can move the camera with the pointer on the Wii, well at least I believe I remember seeing someone doing that in a video from E3.

I expect they are adding extra sidequests and small touches by now.

Hopefully with this time they have until November Nintendo will be able to perfect the controls, they normally come through.

Oh yeah to the person who asking earlier, I believe you can move the camera with the pointer on the Wii, well at least I believe I remember seeing someone doing that in a video from E3.

They gave away a Wii and Twilight Princess to a blind boy that can 'see',so I think there's a chance it might be done.

They gave away a Wii and Twilight Princess to a blind boy that can 'see',so I think there's a chance it might be done.

I saw that too. *Lucky bastard sadly won't be able to fully appreciate the beauty of the game*.

Still developers do go back to games a lot even when they have made a final version.

It happens with Japanese games a lot, Games are released in Japan but the developers go back and add something into the American and European versions.

There's nothing stopping Nintendo from touching the game up.

I doubt a Zelda game is finished till the time it launches, they must have the main quest finished and a very polished game at that, but there's always something to change or add, just look at OoT beta's, you'd say the game was finished like... 6/12 months before release. all the stuff was already there but it got tweaked till the end, and we know they even cut content, OoT could have used more development time. Same is true for Wind waker too... I really believe TP is the closest Zelda to perfection as it had a longer development cicle but finished... nah, I'd surely hope not, seeing that they have to finish/tweak the control scheme. (also that "mirrowed" world was not very convincing), perhaps something provisory while they don't implement and debug a real inverted model in the cutscenes and his interaction with the enviroment.

They might be already thinking of next Zelda though, but still they'll probably be using the same engine as TP, it's natural to be tweaking TP control scheme to perfect it, as it'll probably get used in the next zelda.

I honestly believe that's how the Wii control scheme thing came up, the engine for TP was quite complete and as a evolution from Wind Waker's engine the controls were perfected for link, and tweaked for the wolf, so as there was this new console with a new controller coming out, instead of sending the control scheme team to do other job why not testing ideas for a next zelda?

thing is, the game was not ready for a Q4 2005 release and they could use more time, and that in-sight control scheme became a weapon.

Sure they gave one game away, but that's probably just a beta version, and perhaps not even a complete one at that (like a 2 level demo), Nintendo is very secretive, they know that giving one copy away will sell very high on ebay, and that might lead to someone getting it and spoiling all the storyline/publishing heavy spoilers, etc... It's not in Nintendo's interest.

Watch the IGN sword combat video, it seems as though the guy had so much trouble with the controls all he could do was spin attack.

Yeah, but the truth is that game reviewers really aren't that good players. Very often games look far worse in preview videos than in reality because there is some retard reviewer playing game. And this has happened with every console. :)

Watch the IGN sword combat video, it seems as though the guy had so much trouble with the controls all he could do was spin attack.

Click on Sword Fighting

I've seen it. He was obviously getting a little confused: you do a spin attack by twirling the nunchuck. He was probably trying to use it to slash, and kept ending up doing spin attacks.

Besides, you will probably have a while in the final game to get used to doing all the moves before you will need to do them under pressure in (difficult) combat-the demo throws you straight into an area with a relativly high number of enemies. It's a bit of a baptism of fire.

Or you can just read the instructions and see how to slash, etc.

Seriously who, probably everyone, a least skims through the instruction booklet and has a look at some info.

I for one do when im on the toilet, It's like a victory thing, ive just bought it. Also its a repelant, it holds me off playing straight away until ive read the manual.

and also needing the toilet.

Geez...

Why is everyone moaning about swinging your arm to use the sword. I'm in the army right now, and I can tell you that the durability of your arm increases quite rapidly if you train it. At first my left arm kept going numb from aiming in either standing or sitting stance, just after a few seconds. Now, less than a month later, I can hold the damn thing for five minutes without a fuss...

Hereby I pronnounce the Wii the official "bodybuilder-console"!

As I am working with health issues I find the Wii quite interesting, if gaming kids get daily exercise for more than thier thumbs child obeseity might be less of a problem in the years to come. If people just quit drinking all those sodas with all the sugar...