Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

EchoDesiato

Flick your wrist, or swing your arm, whatever. There is no one way to do it.

Besides, there is going to be a Gamecube version, if you've been waiting 2-3 years for this game, then waiting an extra week or two for the cube version shouldn't be as hard as it sounds.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously wouldn't want a Zelda where you need to flail you arm all the time while sitting down and it's much cooler flicking your wrist than pressing a button. It's not about being necessary but fun and intuitive. I just know people are going to moan like there's no tomorrow.

It's bad news for me. Personally I wanted this game to be played the normal way. To be the great end of GC. I hate addaptations. This was never meant to played like that. It's such a disapointment for me... :(

And I don't have 250e to buy a new console just to play a worse version of the game (IMO).

To import is an option, but I've never made it before, so I had to buy a freeloader and everything won't be cheap...Oh :(

It isn't clear whether the GameCube version of the game required more development time or whether this was a deliberate move on Nintendo's part to position Twilight Princess as the Wii's premier launch title. Currently, the GameCube version of the game is only scheduled to be released in North America.

Got it?

grrrrrrr

I for one would feel more fully emmersed into the game if waving the remote matches Link's sword actions. I dont care if I get tired, if I really was fighting evil creatures then I'd be a hell of a lot more tired :P

If nothing else it's a fun workout ;)

Who needs "diet training" when we have got Zelda TP Wii. :laughing:

Nintendo have mirror the wii version because Link has to be right-handed for players because nintendo dont want any mistakes if Link was only flipped

hahahaha imagine people who buy both versions. Theyll be so confused playing one after the other..."I remember this bit from the gamecube version, Im sure I go right here!"

As for the sword thing...Surely nintendo wont screw this up, if the sword controls were really that bad wouldnt they have just decided to stick with the original control scheme? I love the idea of swinging the controller as a sword, and Im hoping they wont dissapoint us with how its done.

hahahaha imagine people who buy both versions. Theyll be so confused playing one after the other..."I remember this bit from the gamecube version, Im sure I go right here!"

I was thinking that. It will add to the games length second time around due to the confusion. I really wanted to play the Cube version first but if we dont get it over here and I have to import it looks like it will be the other way around.

I agree too.

Watching videos of the new sword combat method I am very uneasy about how well the Wii's controls will fit the game.

Hopefully GC controls will be on disc too, therefore i'll be able to try the Wii controls and if they suck I can always enjoy the game the same way I very much enjoyed The Wind Waker.

I agree too.

Watching videos of the new sword combat method I am very uneasy about how well the Wii's controls will fit the game.

Hopefully GC controls will be on disc too, therefore i'll be able to try the Wii controls and if they suck I can always enjoy the game the same way I very much enjoyed The Wind Waker.

Sadly they already announced that only the Wii controls will be on the Wii version.

Maybe they'll change it for Europe, Japan and Australia considering that America are the only country getting the GC version.

Hope so. I would like both controls in the Wii version. They could be doing that actually.

Also, i just thought. Nintendo Gamecube sales in Europe were good but not fantastic, so perhaps they thought it wouldn't be profitable to release Zelda on the GC here. In the UK espicially, theres ALOT of interest for the Wii and Zelda for that...so thats probably why.

Of course America have a bigger Gamecube market, so there releasing it there....

As for Japan? I'm surprised there not getting the GC version.

As for Japan? I'm surprised there not getting the GC version.

If Europe aren't getting it then Japan shouldn't either.

The GC never sold that well in Japan, people only think it did because the XBox sold like shit.

*Sigh* December is so far away... :weep:

If Europe aren't getting it then Japan shouldn't either.

The GC never sold that well in Japan, people only think it did because the XBox sold like shit.

*Sigh* December is so far away... :weep:

Zelda and Christmas is by far the best combo though!

Snowing outside (maybe) and your playing a magical adventure game! LOVELY!

Let's face it, Zelda exclusively for their new console is a great way to shift units and not have fans just buying it for the Gamecube. Getting people on board with Wii ASAP is Nintendo's goal.

100% correct, and can you blame em? No.....

I just wish they didn't keep going on about 2 versions of Zelda, but they never said it would definately be release in Europe, did they? :)

Seriously, why are you watching the new vids? Do you want to know every twist and turn before the game comes out? I made this same mistake when I was waiting for MP2:E and I regret it. I stopped watching new vids and pictures after E3 so that I wouldn't accidentally see any spoilers or anything.

But that's just my opinion.