NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

Getting back to Zelda... What do you think will happen with her? Is she killed or will Link have to save her... What are your thoughts?
I think she has to live, because tetra is descendent of zelda, as the triforce was passed generation in generation, the question is why king of red lions has part of that same triforce, some preparations must've been done when hyrule flooded... Also I think while King of Red Lions must have been like the captain of the ship who stays with it to the end, even if it sunks, but he must have secured zelda survival, thus, so he must have lost contact with her.

Also, I wonder... only king of red lions and ganon stayed at the botton, and only them where alive by the time WW takes place, various generation passed for a lifetime of a hylian and yet King of Red lions is still alive... could they... possibly been sealed together? if so... why would king of hyrule know nothing of Link's whereabouts? maybe the king sacrificed himself back then to save link and zelda, maybe it was him who ordered for hyrule to be flooded when ganon pulled the 3 triforces together (if he somewhat was able to touch the formed triforce before ganon, just like in WW).

I think TP will have a bad ending mainly due to it being 'hardcore' and the 'darkest' yet.I think theres a connection between Twilight Realm and Light Realm.It's certainly going to full of surprises.Zelda might die,remember triforce has to be passed down so tetra can get it,unless Zelda already has a kid,then she'll die
I like that connection Twilight/dark Realm and Light Realm and that could be well true, I don't think Zelda has a child she's only 16 or something :P but... who knows link and zelda might leave "something" (cough cough) after all they said in a interview that Link and Zelda where teenagers this time around... so its natural to get envolved (or something like that) god... I'd like to find that link for that interview again.

as for zeldafan2020... he did it again... a triple post... :/

Zeldafan2020, would you please STOP triple posting. Next time, you will be officially warned.

ok! damn. I really didn't know it was THAT big of a deal! sorry.

When stupid posts clutter up the forum for no reason, then it is a deal. Please read the rules. Anyway, can we get back onto the original topic. The Best Game Ever (wheres the TM symbol?).

hmmm? the best game ever.....and what is that? in your opinion? to me it was OOT, but TP is gonna definetely beat that, so I guess we can already say TP will be the best game ever and we might as well say it already is.

Try not to have such high expectations, because we all know there's no way a game can live up to them. I know it's hard, but try to, you'll enjoy games more.

Try not to have such high expectations, because we all know there's no way a game can live up to them. I know it's hard, but try to, you'll enjoy games more.

why do you say that? why do you say there's no way a game can live up to our expectations? OOT OUT DID our expectations in my opinion and WW, I had very high hopes for it even with the dramatic graphic change ( which I personally loved) and it OUT DID those expectations too! and I DON'T expect Nintendo to fail us with TP! :D

why do you say that? why do you say there's no way a game can live up to our expectations? OOT OUT DID our expectations in my opinion and WW, I had very high hopes for it even with the dramatic graphic change ( which I personally loved) and it OUT DID those expectations too! and I DON'T expect Nintendo to fail us with TP! :D

Maybe because that's his opinion?

I don't like getting excited about games just so I'm not disappointed in any way, I am too excited at TP though but it's Nintendo's fault! They built it up to be the most fantastic game ever and then delayed it for a year! But I do think TP will be an excellent game, at least as good as OoT if not better.

The problem is that with OoT we didn't know what to expect, but now with all the games out there we have huge imaginations and can expect a lot. I'm not saying the game will be bad or not, but the lower the expectations, the better you'll think the game is. Trust me.

The problem is that with OoT we didn't know what to expect, but now with all the games out there we have huge imaginations and can expect a lot. I'm not saying the game will be bad or not, but the lower the expectations, the better you'll think the game is. Trust me.

Also the problem is, OOT brought a vast amount of new fans into the fray, so they expect everything to be like/similar to OOT.

One of the only things I hated about OOT was that so many people started playing zelda, and instantly they KNEW zelda, and zelda was THEIR series.

What they forgot was, people had been playing it for over a decade before them.

pedantic, I know.

It's not bad to get hyped but if you start fantasising about the fantasticness of it, you WILL get dissappointed, because stuff in your head work out much better than they could in real life. Today, I watched all 3 trailers again and started playing OoT again so I'm getting quite hyped again. I'm not going to say things like 'TP better than OoT' or have any expectations about that, however. You can't say that when you haven't played it like OoT, and when it comes out they'll probably be incomparable anyway.

@ Ninja Mullet and Pedrocasilva - I doubt Zelda or Link actually dies. It seems too unZeldish to do that, and they both need to get children for TWW. It would feel unsatisfying to beat the game to see Hyrule flooding nonetheless.

Damn, now I'm hyped about the story :smile:

I really can't wait for the end of this summer. Especially if i've settled with a half decent job.

My gf might be able to stay at mine for a week or two

and if I have settled a job i'll be able to get Zelda & the Revo in autumn ^_^

@ Ninja Mullet and Pedrocasilva - I doubt Zelda or Link actually dies. It seems too unZeldish to do that, and they both need to get children for TWW. It would feel unsatisfying to beat the game to see Hyrule flooding nonetheless.

Damn, now I'm hyped about the story :smile:

did they ever say that the new link in WW was a dirct descendant from the OoT one? I dont think that they do..

id be more inclined to believe that the 'spirit of the hero' (or some crap like that) is passed on.

i also doubt that link will die. though i would like it. i think the idea of sages being pwned is more likely. would also be more riveting as a storyline thing.

So now nintendo of france are confirming rev controlls for tp, in either a specail edition rev version, or a both in one cube title. Sounds like were all be waving our arms around like mad men by the end of this year :D

As I said in the news post, I hope 2 seperate versions aren't released as I'd end up wasting my money on getting both :|

I hope they just make the Cube game with FHC capabilities, this is more likely anyway isn't it? Why else would they have delayed the game?

if they say that Ganon is coming back in a role that we could never imagine.. then maybe you have to work with him to battle another even greater evil.. TINGLE!!!

well maybe you even get to control ganon to do some serious ass kicking

I really can't wait for the end of this summer. Especially if i've settled with a half decent job.

My gf might be able to stay at mine for a week or two

and if I have settled a job i'll be able to get Zelda & the Revo in autumn ^_^

Same here. Got Pikmin, Pikmin 2, Grandia 2 and Jet Set Radio to play over the next few months, then get a DS in the summer, then, as long as I finally get a job, Zelda and a Revo Autumn/Winter. Gonna be some sleepless nights this autumn, my gf wont let me play while she's round. :cry:

I think two versions would be better that way they could do more with the rev. version, maybe even put some nicer textures in there etc.-well thats just wishfull thinking, but a seperate one for the rev would be good.

i cant see them doing two versions of the game, id be well pissed off if they did! They havent done that sort of thing before have they?Im still for the "hooks" they might put in so the game could be used on the revo with the FHC.

More speculation....

I think two versions would be better that way they could do more with the rev. version, maybe even put some nicer textures in there etc.-well thats just wishfull thinking, but a seperate one for the rev would be good.
it wouldn't make sense to make a gamecube compatible version then, because the GC version would sell badly, also nintendo likes to keep it simple, two versions of the same game in stores could lead to confusion...

A GC game with better textures would not cut it next gen, it's better to push the cube techwise, than... well... push nothing, and TP won't push revo even if they want because it wasn't made from ground, more 6 months won't do the job... anyways... enhancements for revo... they could make use of the extra texture pipelines to add bump mapping onto surfaces, aswell as alternative/better particle effects and physics.

As far as memory issues go it wouldn't waste that much space to add some bump mapping to characters, grass into hyrule, enhanced particle effects and physics when you play it on revo. I'd be happy with that. (although I doubt it will happen)

They could add actual pixel shaders :cool:

I doubt the French guy should be taken literally though. Even if a Rev version would push better graphics, there's no point in making seperate discs for it. They could make a better looking version on a Cube disc. The extra development time seems a waste for a slightly better looking version though.

if they say that Ganon is coming back in a role that we could never imagine.. then maybe you have to work with him to battle another even greater evil.. TINGLE!!!

well maybe you even get to control ganon to do some serious ass kicking

That would PWN...

On the news they said that Zelda would have a Violent fighting system... Wonder what that means...