NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

1. The Legend of Zelda

2. The Legend of Zelda: The Adventure of Link

3. The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

4. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening

5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

6. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

7. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

8. The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Age

9. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords

10. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

11. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures

12. The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

13. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

14. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Will number 13 be unlucky for Twilight Princess?

Oh, please don't say such a thing, Dante :cry:

Let's count the Oracles as one game, shall we? ;)

Wind Waker was a let down, thats what happens when u rush games out.
That's the "new" number 13, if you count with the (3) CDI Zeldas...

Still WW was not a letdown to me, I love it. :heh:

Same here, I loved WW and it wasn't a letdown in anyway, sure it has a couple of flaws, but it's still my fave last gen game.

WW was good but just didn't live up to the true Zelda experience. I'm sure that TP will and I'm sure it will once again fill me with happiness riding a horse through the land. Ahhhhhhhhhh

How are you in a win-win situation?

If the game scores 10/10 average (which I know is very unlikely, but still) then you lose?

Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a win-win situation one where you can't lose?!

I am in the sense that deep down, I want the game to achieve all time greatness, I certainly don't want it to underachive seeing that the it has the "all time best zelda game" label attached to it from Nintendo themselves. I keep mentioning that in the posts where i've expressed concern about the quality of the final game. If I'm wrong, i'll be very happy about being wrong, one of the harshest critics around will be silenced if the game becomes one of the highest scoring off all time [at least third on the all time list on sites such as gamerankings, metacritic and gamestats]. If it underachieves as i've predicted, i'll be initially disappointed with the feeling that i've wasted money on a game that SHOULD and COULD'VE been so MUCH BETTER than it actually is, but I can have satisfaction in being correct about the fate of the game not satisfaction for the fact that Nintendo were lying out of their ears and LET US down with a less than spectacular Zelda game. So either way i'm in a win-win situation i'll have an OPTIMAL win situation if i'm proved wrong where it is herald as one of the greatest games of all time scoring an average score in the high 90s [close to or about on par with Ocarina of Time, no more than .2 decimal places way from OOT for individual review scores 98% --> 9.8/10 and for aggregate no more than 1 away, OOT approximately 97 average, TP to achieve 96 average], or less optimal win situation where I will temporarily be clouded with bitter disappointment and animosity towards Nintendo for a little while but eventually this will be outweighed with the satisfaction of being correct the whole time. I could possibly also sell the game in retaliation if it doesn't achieve ALL TIME GREATNESS or worse, I won't purchase it at all.

Has the pattern of this game on the Wii disc been confirmed? Can we assume that it'll be gold? What do you think the final pattern of the games disk will be? Will the instruction manual follow suit and will we be getting print instruction manual or electronic instruction manuals on the game disk?

I thought WW was a great game.Stupid Tri-Force hunt...I never had a big enough wallet one time and spent ages looking for it so I could pay Tingle.

WW was my fave Zelda game. Do you remember the opening music? The one where it's telling about what happened to the hero of time and hyrule? Man that was epic.

Solitanze, as you put so much faith into review scores, I bet Driv3r must have a special place in your heart.

WW was my fave Zelda game. Do you remember the opening music? The one where it's telling about what happened to the hero of time and hyrule? Man that was epic.

That music was brillant. I love it.

Someone made a sort of classical version of it (I couldnt tell you who). There was a link to it a couple of pages back. It's really good. Much better than the original imo.

Solitanze, as you put so much faith into review scores, I bet Driv3r must have a special place in your heart.

If you didn't already have a custom user title I would give you one for that comment. :heh:

I don't know why you guy are anticipating a letdown. I KNOW this game is going to be one of the most glorius gaming experiences of my young gaming life. Shigsy has worked to long and too hard this one for it to be anything less than spectacular. I would have thought the same at e3 2004 after only seeing one trailer.

If you didn't already have a custom user title I would give you one for that comment. :heh:

Thanks. I just hope my comment has made him think.

Ty dude, thats beautiful, I'm gonna learn it on guitar :). I love this so much, Dragon Roost Island was the best though, man, it's enough to get me misty eyed with nostalgia. The music was another of the reasons why Wind Waker is such a classic game. It'll always be the oddball when it comes to Zelda games in general though.

If you wanna check out some other arranged vg music, this guy does some stonking covers of Chrono Trigger/ Cross/ Final Fantasy music, you'll have to look around a little though, it's buried in the god mongering stuff.

Do you think with this game that there will be more spells than ever before that can be used in the game? For example, using a Spell to temporarily make enemies fight against other enemies?

I find it odd that there isn't any announcements on whether or not the game will and instriment to play.

Yeah, not exactly a feature that could make or break a game, but ocarina and batons are so nastoligic.

Yeah there are instruments (sp? gah!). In the early levels you use bits of plants that form natural whistles. It calls the horse and also the falcon thing.

I find it odd that there isn't any announcements on whether or not the game will and instriment to play.

Yea....the Wii has given Nintendo an excuse to tell us absolutely nothing about the game.

Yea....the Wii has given Nintendo an excuse to tell us absolutely nothing about the game.

This man speaks the truth. We do know barely anything about the game's story except that Link goes all Backstreet's Back werewolf on us early on. I remember something about Link's girlfriend getting stolen away and some little kid called Colin being held captive on the top of some pole? It all gets a little hazy after that.