NEurope
EchoDesiato

Zelda: Twilight Princess Discussion (SPOILERS: BEWARE)

who moaned when that info a while back, nowi ts not true but over 100 hours of gameplay?

no-one moaned at that, everyone loved it.

now out of the how many hours of gameplay your getting, is it 70?

you gonna spend a measly 45 minutes riding from one place to another.

If you dont like the sound of that, then surely you dont like rpgs?

who moaned when that info a while back, nowi ts not true but over 100 hours of gameplay?

no-one moaned at that, everyone loved it.

now out of the how many hours of gameplay your getting, is it 70?

you gonna spend a measly 45 minutes riding from one place to another.

If you dont like the sound of that, then surely you dont like rpgs?

I think these pre-launch informations are not to be believed as set on stone.

I doubt you'll take 45 minutes from one location to another, when you need to do that you'll surely have teleportation already, thus you'll probably explore the world map once throughout the game and that's about it.

I recall not even having to visit all the islands in WW to complete the game.

And you have a horse since the beggining of the game. (although you lose it at some point).

OoT was a 30 hour game for first time players, Nintendo said this one was easily 3 times as big so that's 90 Hours (not 100), but not everyone took 30 hours on OoT, infact it's possible to complete it with 11 hours, 3 times that is 33 hours in a speed run for TP.

all in all... I don't care on what I get :p 70 hours, wether it includes sidequests or just mainquest is massive.

maybe horsey has a turbo button. 45 mins is only at normal speed.

U add rockets to her side 1/3 through the game:heh:

Gandalf appears and upgrades your horse to Shadowfax after the Balrog is defeated in the Goron Mines. :p

Can't wait to see the Zoras!!! Hope there is some kind of Zora city deep beneath the ocean somewhere. A bit like the one we saw the... Gungans (don't know if that's the exact right name) had in Star Wars Episode 1 :P That would be neat.

They said they'd changed the Gorons alot in some interview though... I think maybe they've made them not friendly. I think now they're an evil race that won't show mercy to strangers... So far we've seen that boss Goron, from what I presume is in the Goron Mines. And then we've seen another Goron fist fighting Link.

Don't know if that would be a good or a bad thing... Always liked the Gorons, but hostile Gorons might not be that bad...

They said they'd changed the Gorons alot in some interview though... I think maybe they've made them not friendly. I think now they're an evil race that won't show mercy to strangers... So far we've seen that boss Goron, from what I presume is in the Goron Mines. And then we've seen another Goron fist fighting Link.

Don't know if that would be a good or a bad thing... Always liked the Gorons, but hostile Gorons might not be that bad...

Gorons and Zoras were allies with Hyrule back in OoT, but it wasn't always like that.

Actually WW already hinted something along those lines :)

Ah yes... I'm starting to remember things now

It is likely the Zoras will be hostile as well, for all we know... (?)

I doubt the Zoras will be hostile. I would love it if they were. But they and the Gorons have always been the nice if scary other races that help Link against a common evil. Dekus on the other hand!

Ah yes... I'm starting to remember things now

It is likely the Zoras will be hostile as well, for all we know... (?)

I wouldn't count on it, since in the end the traidorous hylians were punished (turned into WW fishmen), the gorons turned nearly extint and the Zoras where magically evolved into another race, by the goddesses probably.

The fact that the gorons didn't get the same threatment brings the world punishment into mind.

After all gorons can't swim, filling hyrule with water (and not evolving them like they did with zoras) is a death sentence.

This is just guesswork though.

Especially when it didnt really matter to the zora's. They could live under water anyway. I sense a bit of favouritism.

Especially when it didnt really matter to the zora's. They could live under water anyway. I sense a bit of favouritism.

hehe I also asked myself. Why did the Zoras have to evolve in WW after all it would be a lot more logical if they lost their amphibious features.

That happens when they rush a Zelda :shakehead

:D :D

Hobgoblins? This isn't Spider-Man...

A hobgoblin is a mythical race, and anyway moblins and hobgoblins same kinda thing!!!

A hobgoblin is a mythical race, and anyway moblins and hobgoblins same kinda thing!!!

i kinda think that hobgoblin is spiderman, goblins and lil orc buggers are more zelda-esque.

I dunno, we've never seen zoras in the open sea like that... Lake Hylia had river water, just like zora domain... in WW you have a sea, so supposedly salty water.

Zoras might have not been able to survive in it if the change was too quick, not giving them time to adapt.

Also zoras don't live underwater, their city was not completly under water.

Link could swim in lake hylia and Zora domain for unlimited periods of time, but he couldn't swim for long periods in WW's sea for example.

hehe I also asked myself. Why did the Zoras have to evolve in WW after all it would be a lot more logical if they lost their amphibious features.

I don't think it was rushed in that account (storytelling).

I dunno, we've never seen zoras in the open sea like that... Lake Hylia had river water, just like zora domain... in WW you have a sea, so supposedly salty water.

In Majora's Mask they lived fine in the Great Bay which must have had Salt Water.

And if Link were able to swim for unlimited amounts of time in the Wind Waker the purpose of the Boat and changing the winds would have been defeated even though it would have taken forever to swim across the Sea.

If you were able to swim for unlimited amounts of time in the Wind Waker, you could swim anywhere you wanted to from the beginning now matter how long it would have taken, that is probably why there is a gauge for how long you can stay in the water.

In Majora's Mask they lived fine in the Great Bay which must have had Salt Water.

And if Link were able to swim for unlimited amounts of time in the Wind Waker the purpose of the Boat and changing the winds would have been defeated even though it would have taken forever to swim across the Sea.

If you were able to swim for unlimited amounts of time in the Wind Waker, you could swim anywhere you wanted to from the beginning now matter how long it would have taken, that is probably why there is a gauge for how long you can stay in the water.

Makes you think actually how long it would take to swim from one corner to the other.Would be hours.

Ah, but Termina was an alternate universe....

who really cares? I mean I don't really play Zelda for much of the storyline anyway....but whatever

who really cares? I mean I don't really play Zelda for much of the storyline anyway....but whatever

i do but i dont really try and pin them together-they are very loosely related and are not like other series like MGS or Metroid or anything. its part of what makes zelda so great is that you never know whats going to happen or where you'll end up.

Indeed, great bay must have been salty water and the reason for link to not be able to swim or dive in there must be that in realistical terms.

But who tells us great bay Zoras are the same as Hylia Zoras? if they were used to regular water they would have problems in changing all of the sudden to salty.

But still... zoras evolved, just as kokiri's did. why were they evolved magically by the godesses? probably in order to survive, I think there wouldn't be a reason otherwise.

As for the boat... you could do against the wind (with a sail) forever, and you'd still advance, it's just that it would be very, very slow. (just like swiming).

But I see where you're getting at, but I think it's secure to assume that both zoras and kokiri's had intervenience from the godesses as a reward and in order to survive, those who didn't... I presume that was their (divine) punishment.

Lovely sig Zero.

Thanks. Credit goes to RedShell.

I mainly play it for the storyline. I think it has one of the best.

Zoras might have not been able to survive in it if the change was too quick, not giving them time to adapt.

But the Great Sea developed because Hyrule was flooded. Now I think there were no rivers redirected towards Hyrule. So it had to rain. And rain isn't salty. Thereforethe Sea wasn't salty at the beginning.

Also zoras don't live underwater, their city was not completly under water.

That's a very good point actually.

I don't think it was rushed in that account (storytelling).

I know, I was only kidding.

i wish links grandmother gets an encore role in TP-that'd make me soooo bloody happy!