NEurope
ndreamer

One Piece: Unlimited Adventure Wii scans

Yes but he was refered to by his nakama as Oyabun - however in the anime the strawhats referred to them as Foxy Pirates.

But best villain team is CP9

yeah they are, though i wish they all didn't use the same techniques :P

Just watched Ep 306 and 223 today.

yeah they are, though i wish they all didn't use the same techniques :P

Just watched Ep 306 and 223 today.

No they don't have the same techniques

• The woman can create bubbles
  • And the guy with the bull hons can slice dimensions
  • Then you have the guy with the pidgeon who can turn into a leopard
  • And you have the the guy who can turn into a giraffe
  • And the guy who can turn into the wolf
  • And then the other two with the same exact power

Actually your kinda right. But still the fights were awesome and sanji's you know what against you know who was fantastic.

No they don't have the same techniques

• The woman can create bubbles
  • And the guy with the bull hons can slice dimensions
  • Then you have the guy with the pidgeon who can turn into a leopard
  • And you have the the guy who can turn into a giraffe
  • And the guy who can turn into the wolf
  • And then the other two with the same exact power

Actually your kinda right. But still the fights were awesome and sanji's you know what against you know who was fantastic.

No, i didn't mean them i meant the

Shogun and Tekkai etc moves.

Mini Luffy is funny :laughing:

No, i didn't mean them i meant the

Shogun and Tekkai etc moves.

Mini Luffy is funny :laughing:

ah you mean the flash type moves. KK. The reason behind that is they use their own energy

I wonder how it's selling in Japan as it came out in April 26th.

I reckon it deserves to sell, hope Nintendo gave Wii shipments a boost this week for this one game :)

Honestly I bet it's selling at a pretty mediocre rate. It's the norm with the DS and Wii really that although the quirky non-gamer type games sell by the truckload, the games that'd normally do well on other systems in Japan like rpg's and anime based titles don't seem to perform all that amazingly.

I can only assume it's because as far as core gamers are concerned it's the same people who've always bought Nintendo systems that are buying them in Japan just now, it's not dragging away Sony fanboys. All the new success is pretty much entirely attributed to new non-gamers buying into both the DS and Wii.

Honestly I bet it's selling at a pretty mediocre rate. It's the norm with the DS and Wii really that although the quirky non-gamer type games sell by the truckload, the games that'd normally do well on other systems in Japan like rpg's and anime based titles don't seem to perform all that amazingly.

I can only assume it's because as far as core gamers are concerned it's the same people who've always bought Nintendo systems that are buying them in Japan just now, it's not dragging away Sony fanboys. All the new success is pretty much entirely attributed to new non-gamers buying into both the DS and Wii.

hmmm, I don't agree with the kind of public you're saying DS and Wii have, sure developers don't really know what kind of machine is this, but look at DS? non-gamers? those non-gamers bought over 1 million FF3 and DQS copies there.

If a console is successful it'll sell, simple as that, I'd say PS2 was mostly non-gamers (or casual gamers) for example.

Besides, non-otaku gamers can like anime, One Piece is only second to Dragon Ball in popularity there, and thus buy the game, just like some of us buy a spiderman game after seeing the film.

PS2, PS3, PSP aren't selling that well as well as it's software there, so where did that kind of public go? things are changing, that's all there is to it.

Bare in mind that Wii's continue is low shortage, and they're not that expensive, One Piece could be a system seller in Japan, it's looking good enough for that and they will even integrate it's side-story with the anime, it's to sell the game.

Also did you notice Bandai has started doing publicity to this one title like 1/2 months ago? It's a lot of time beforehand, I'm really wishing they manage to sell it, despite the consoles shortage and FF XII RW coming out for DS this week.

EDIT:

Bandai Namco's highly promoted One Piece: Unlimited Adventure, which shoots off with a very healthy 30,000.
Source: http://www.cubed3.com/news/7425/1/Final_Fantasy_XII_DS_-_180,000_in_One_Day!

30.000 units in one day? good or bad? and how will it develop?

Found this explanation of gameplay/pros/cons which sounds pretty levelheaded: Link

It's been getting scores like 7/10 across the board really. Well, I'll see what kind of scores it gets when it comes out over here =)

IGN's preview actually praises the game:

One Piece Playtest

We sample the Wii's latest anime title.

May 2, 2007 - The Wii's growing lineup of anime-influenced titles has thus far consisted primarily of ports of PS2 or GameCube game engines with a few gimmicky Wiimote actions thrown in. Given its minimal support for the Wiimote, we have a feeling that One Piece Unlimited Adventure is no different and was originally planned for a system with a more standard input option. However, in the end, Wii owners are getting this latest One Piece game all to themselves.

Luffy and the rest of the Straw Hat Pirates are playable in Unlimited Adventure, which, like the title suggests, is an adventure game with a large world to explore and lots of enemies to fight. The adventure begins as the crewmembers find themselves scattered about a mysterious island following a shipwreck. Initially, you take control of Luffy in a search about the island for the remaining crew members, but Zoro, Usopp, Sanji, Nami, Tony Tony Chopper, Robin and Franky quickly join the roster.

You're free to switch between these characters on the fly as you explore the island, but the basic controls remain the same no matter whom you use. You have access to a combo-ready standard attack via A, a jump via the B trigger, and a dash move with C. You lock on to the nearest enemy by holding down Z and evade incoming attacks by pressing A and B together. Each character also has a single attack assigned to a shake of the Wiimote.

One of the best parts of the game is how it initially tricks you into thinking that the combat system sucks. Each character starts off with a single move -- the standard A attack. As you use this, monotonously attacking enemies, you quickly learn new moves and a fluid battle system begins to emerge. Luffy gains the ability to string together two, then three-hit combos. He also gains an air attack which can take out multiple enemies in one go.

The game encourages you to use the full variety of your move set. When groups of enemies come in for attack, a command list appears on the left side of the screen. Execute all the commands, in any order of your choosing, and you finish off with a super move, resulting in some flashy effects and bonus items.

Each character feels so different that you're sure to have a preference. Luffy and Sanji have quick fist attacks, compared to the powerful, but slow, Franky. Usopp fires arrows; unfortunately, the game does not use the Wiimote as a pointer for aiming your attacks. Robin is a bit of an acquired taste, as all her attacks seem to involve her hands reaching out at the enemies from the ground. We personally like Zoro, whose quick blade attacks could make for an interesting game on their own.

The island that serves as the game's setting is large, and slowly expands as you play. At key points in the world, the Wiimote starts ringing out a deafening cry, indicating that there's a secret path to be unlocked in the area. To open up the new path, you usually need to find key items which are then fed to a mysterious orb that also plays a key role in the game's storyline.

New areas of the world are also unlocked by exploiting Franky's ability to assemble ingredients that you find scattered about the world into tools. Most important is a pickaxe, which can be used to break barriers. You'll also find a net for gathering insects and a fishing rod. These items all make use of the Wiimote for direct waggle controls (yes, another game that uses the Wiimote as a fishing rod; Dog Island, released the same day as One Piece, also has this minigame).

With the expanding world and large cast of playable characters it's clear that Bandai Namco and developer Ganbarion have packed a whole lot into the main single player mode of play in Unlimited Adventure. Those who tire of single play also have the option for a two player battle mode. You can make use of the pirate cast as well as all the boss and enemy characters.

At its core, One Piece Unlimited Adventure has all the makings of a quality title. But there's one big problem holding it back: the game was clearly rushed out the door to make a release in time for Japan's Golden Week holiday season. Framerate and loading problems are the big culprits. Particularly notable is the lengthy pause, complete with skipping audio, when switching characters. The framerate problems are also unfortunate, as the game actually might be one of the better-looking Wii titles thanks to its sharp cel-shaded characters. Presentation bonuses like the frequent CG cut-scenes and voice-based dialogue sequences are wasted due to the lack of polish.

It says a lot about the core gameplay that, despite the problems, we're still enjoying the game. If Bandai/Namco can clean things up for the international release, this latest One Piece title has the potential for unlimited success outside of Japan.

Source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/784/784408p1.html

Now... if only they'd iron these out for the state-side (and european) release... I think we might be onto a winner.

If it gets released in the west I doubt they don't fix those problems like skipping audio.

we might get it seen as 4kids have stopped dubbing it, and funimation want to sell every single item that they can. So chances are higher just depends how they refer to God Enel in skypeia arc. They they dub him as a fucking priest - people are going to be meeting Mr.Stabby

I just hope they release it in EU, problems or no problems.

This sounds really hope,I said it once and i'll say it again,I hope we get this.It looks really good and the single player looks like it can be in depth and a good experience.

They could always do the dubbing while fixing out the errors at the same time to release it faster.

I can see this selling a fair amount if it get's released outside of Japan.Fingers are gonna be crossed for this one.

I've watched a couple mulitplayer vids over at Gametrailers, from these, I'm not too keen on it really.

Hoping the single player is really good though, I've just started watching One Piece!

Ah man my expectations for this game are up and down so much. One minute I'm doubting it and the next I'm desperate for it! Just have to see what happens when (if) it reaches our shores.

Good news, FUNImation is dubbing the game and releasing it in the US. Lets pray for a EU release.

Hope they leave the japanese voice acting as a option

Me too! But Funimation did do a good job with Dragonball Z, so if you do want an English dubbing company, Funimation is the way to go (not bloody 4Kids). My fingers are crossed for this Being a One Piece nut, I know I'd enjoy playing it just for what it is!