N-Europe

Colin McRae Rally 2007 for Wii?

monkeyDluffy

http://www.jeux-france.com/news15601_colin-mcrae-rally-2007-annonce.html

They have no specific consoles, just "next gen" consoles.

They have a screen as well, from the PS3 version though I would have thought.

This is not comfirmed for Wii and remember codemasters confirmed colin mcrae for the GC and that got canned! Would really like a rally game!! please codemasters!:)

I'd say thats a trailer screen.

I could see it coming to wii, but if its going to use the motion sensoring, we'd have to hope the driving accesory will be specific enough for it. Such as when you play the game in manual driving instead of automatic.

Co-sign what Hellfire said, Toca and Colin McRae would be a big deal for Wii and patch that hole in the decent racer market.

I think both these titles will be solid HD titles though, and Codemasters like Activision (Tony Hawks) won't want to port it.

It's not a huge loss, these games aren't inspiring to me- you play them once and you've played them all.

But they do bring people to the Wii- something I don't give a damn about. (it's not a consumer war)

I would like to see Colin or even Toca come to the Wii. I wouldn't say I love these games but yes i would like it to feel the void and to bring new users to the Wii as want Ninty to sell more machines and games than the other companies.

Ndork you call it a consumer war, I call it Ninty given the money and respect to create more great games and to open up gaming even more so by creating new and unique ways to play games.

monkey, what makes you think it would come to the Wii? They have not said otherwise? This is a definite no.

on gamesradar and jeux-france they have the game as announced for the "next generation" of consoles, their is no specific consoles named so that would suggest its coming to Wii, as Wii is a next gen/new gen machine, so until they actually name consoles it could happen. Its not out til 2007 so they could be hedging their bets and seeing how the Wii does sales wise before commiting.

Given the fact that Codemasters completely ignored the Gamecube (with the minor exception of Second Sight which was developed by Free Radical), this probably wont be coming to Wii unless Nintendo can get their support.