NEurope
darkjak

My idea of the third secret- Eternal console

Hi!

A lot of you guys have shared your ideas for what the third secret might be. Here, I'm about to explain what I think could be the last secret.

Does anyone remember the "expansion pack":

n64pack.jpg

Basically it was a Ram expansion, which enabled developers to create better graphics. It was supposed to be an adon for the upcoming N64 Disc Drive, but as the discdrive got delayed time and time again, Nintendo finaly decided to release it seperatelly, and by that time it was 4 times as powerful as planned.

My idea is that the hatch under the discdrive contains a pac containing RAM and Processor. This would enable Nintendo to make the Revo as powerful as the PS3, when the technology gets cheap enough. Remember, the XB cost about 6000 Swedish krona upon release. The Revo will be more powerful than the XB, and still it will cost less than 3000 krona.

This could basically enable Nintendo to release expansionpacks instead of a challenger to PS4. The stuff that costs on the Revo are the FHC sencors, the Wifi and so on, so buying expansionpacks'll be quite cheap. This could allso explain why Nintendo aren't making the console more powerful: IT WILL BE MORE POWERFUL WHEN THE TIME COMES.

Imagine the Wii being as longlived as the NES!

I actually had this idea not long ago. Upgrading a console would mean you're not forced to get a new console.

As far as it being the third secret: If it is, i'll be shocked. I highly doubt that it is the 3rd secret.

Good idea, but I think they would've told us about it already. Maybe you will be able to do this, but this wont be the main secret...

That idea sounds good in theory only because it would be very painfull for the console architects to realize that. Also you need a place to connect to a very fast system bus - you can't do that with USB 2.0 or anything similar - it would be way too slow.

I am sorry but this idea will not happen - it is next to impossible considering architecture, cost and space.

the evolution tool :yay:

Hey i came up with that idea on a differnt thread while trying to figure out if there was mulitple means to ; "wii will expand the definition of gameing"

I offically call it "Flames evolution tool idea"

That'd be nice. People would stop bitching about the graphics being less powerful than the competetors.

rev4zl.jpg

DarkJak, I am liking your theory very much so. It could slot into the red coloured bay. [/debunks the haters]

That's a very good idea (though i'm sure seen it before), with the FHC what could Nintendo possibly do with a next console? SUrely the next step after the Wii could only be Star Trek style holodecks, and that just ain't gonna happen in our lifetime :p

And it would be cheaper on the consumer, imagine the choice, a Wii plus expansion pack or a PS4? With the PS3 looking to be around £400 i can only shudder what at PS4 might be 5-6 years from now

That is the wrong approach. How many of you actually have/had the 64DD? How many games for it do you have?

MS can't tell developers that they can use the 20GB HDD because it is not a standard and this is exactly what I like about consoles. No upgrading and no worrying - developers now that the system will not change for 5 years. That should stay so!

Besides that like I said a console is not a computer where you can upgrade memory, cpu or a graphic card. It worked for the N64 because then technology was not as sophisticated but you can't ask for a memory upgrade for the Wii and on the same hand brag about the faster MoSys memory it will have. You can upgrade but it won't help the console ...

That idea sounds good in theory only because it would be very painfull for the console architects to realize that. Also you need a place to connect to a very fast system bus - you can't do that with USB 2.0 or anything similar - it would be way too slow.

I am sorry but this idea will not happen - it is next to impossible considering architecture, cost and space.

It isn't going to plug into a USB drive, something special in the front flap, similar to the N64 expansion pack...

It would work well if the included the expantion with the console as standard a few years after it's released (expantion), when it's cost efective to do so, but sold as sepeate a year or 2 from now would be cool.

oh sorry about this, but i just been thinking..all the "3rd secret" stuff, what were the 1st two (i was offline for a few months last year and never picked this up), i'm guessin one of them was the controller, so what was the other?

I think this is a great idea. Especially as the Wii controller is designed to have add ons, the next, next generation of console could be a hardware/interface upgrade in four years time, rather than a whole new console. This would also be cheaper for Nintendo. I seem to remember hearing somewhere that companies lose profit on console hardware, but make loads on software. Can anyone confirm that I didn't dream that?

I do doubt it's the last secret though, only because the secret could be ANYTHING, and by law of posibilities, I doubt you managed to guess it correctly. heh.

You know.. it maybe that there is a expansion pack that boosts the power, but eternal I don't think so. Basically it would have to already be planned, it would be like the broadband adapter I think, and would be undersupported - although thinking back to what Iwata said about novels and encyclopedias - basically BIG games and mini games, maybe there will be some games that require an expansion, and it will come bundled... abit like the chips in snes games?

No small upgrade of ram memory is going to expand a console for years to come.

Nothing can make the Wii as powerfull as the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 with something as simple as an upgrade that everyone can purchase.

It is not going to happen. It's not, just accept that please, it's pointless to even think about it. The N64 had only a handfull of titles that used the expansion pack, not only because it forced users to buy something, but also because the N64 was almost dead anyway.

This is Nintendo we're talking about. It's not Microsoft.

Nintendo created a gaming console, not a supercomputer renamed to Xbox360 or Playstation 3.

Wii is going to be small, silent & cheap to develop for. Nintendo has everything Sony and Microsoft don't have.

Sorry to say this but that is clear BS.

First of all, nowadays RAM is way too fast for an external expansion port to handle the bandwidth, especially if we're talking 1T-SRAM here.

Second, adding RAM won't ever be able to make the Wii come close to the other graphics. All the other specifications lack too much for RAM to clear it out. By the way, by the IGN specs the Wii has one sixth the memory of the PS3 and 360. Closing that gap is wasting money.

Third, it already has enough memory. 88 + 16 or 40 MB is plenty, plenty, for the other specs. While the other specifications improve over the Cube by 50%, but the RAM has shot up to 160-220%, removing any bottleneck the memory started to become. Adding more memory is useless - it doesn't need more and it would be overkill.

That is the wrong approach. How many of you actually have/had the 64DD? How many games for it do you have?

MS can't tell developers that they can use the 20GB HDD because it is not a standard and this is exactly what I like about consoles. No upgrading and no worrying - developers now that the system will not change for 5 years. That should stay so!

Besides that like I said a console is not a computer where you can upgrade memory, cpu or a graphic card. It worked for the N64 because then technology was not as sophisticated but you can't ask for a memory upgrade for the Wii and on the same hand brag about the faster MoSys memory it will have. You can upgrade but it won't help the console ...

I aint talking about the DD, dammit! I'm talking about the N64 Ram memory expansion pack!

Sorry to say this but that is clear BS.

First of all, nowadays RAM is way too fast for an external expansion port to handle the bandwidth, especially if we're talking 1T-SRAM here.

Second, adding RAM won't ever be able to make the Wii come close to the other graphics. All the other specifications lack too much for RAM to clear it out. By the way, by the IGN specs the Wii has one sixth the memory of the PS3 and 360. Closing that gap is wasting money.

Third, it already has enough memory. 88 + 16 or 40 MB is plenty, plenty, for the other specs. While the other specifications improve over the Cube by 50%, but the RAM has shot up to 160-220%, removing any bottleneck the memory started to become. Adding more memory is useless - it doesn't need more and it would be overkill.

Please read my first post one more time. I'm talking a pack with RAM AND Processor. And I'm not talking about an external port where you put in the ram. I'm talking about SWITCHING the ram alltogether. Y'know, like when you remove the old RAM from you old computer and slot in a new one, only ten times easier!

What a great idea!

It is in fact Nintendo's last console, however it can always be updated to meet the specifications of any new console released after that!

SUPERB! It should be that! :yay:

I'll be shocked if thats the last secret!

Changing the memory might be too complicated for some consumers, you know ;) What about the optic media? Do we have to change our disc drive when Nintendo starts using the next disc-generation (Blu-Ray? Or even Violet-Ray O.o)

Changing the memory might be too complicated for some consumers, you know ;) What about the optic media? Do we have to change our disc drive when Nintendo starts using the next disc-generation (Blu-Ray? Or even Violet-Ray O.o)

Complicated?

Remember the expansionpack?

1)Open hatch

2)Take spoonlike thingy and pull out old RAM

3)Put in new RAM

4)Close hatch

5)Play the game

It's even less complicated than connecting the console to the TV and electrical socet!

And how the heck are you supposed to change the disc-drive? There's no hatch anywhere that's big enough to remove the DD. PERHAPS there can be some external Blu-Ray drive accessory...

@ Owen

Nope, despite what you Sony fanboys think, the Wii is MOST DEFINITELY NOT Nintendos last console!

oh sorry about this, but i just been thinking..all the "3rd secret" stuff, what were the 1st two (i was offline for a few months last year and never picked this up), i'm guessin one of them was the controller, so what was the other?

Yeah, I want to know this aswell. The virtual console maybe? Or something...

Come on this won't happen surely. Nintendo wan't to sell wii to a new audience and it won't happen if they need to spend more money times a times to be able to play new games and please that is the main thing why I prefer a console to a pc.