N-Europe

Second controller as standard..

Nintendork

I think its a damn good idea to put 2 fhc's in the package. If Nintendo's plan is join bring people together, there's no point in only having one remote with the console as that alienates the person who doesnt have a remote!

Wii - We

Nintendo want people to say "We're going to play nintendo" so more than one remote is needed.

i read a news article about what was in the box it was actualy based on an interview and nintendo said they were considering a second controler and nunchuck.

if they do include one at least we wont have to spend an extra 50 bucks to waste our siblings in smash bros 3!

I hope they put in two controllers. It's a pretty realistic thought, too, as I think the cost factor isn't that big. The controllers shouldn't be that more expensive than a regular TV remote - besides maybe 'force feedback' there's nothing really costly about it. Bluetooth and battery packs (if at all) are becoming rather cheap and there's hardly any other circuitry in the casing as most if not all motion sensing is done by the sensor.

I think FHCs could be surprisingly cheap.

There is absolutely no chance of they would miss out the nunchuck. I'm not saying there will be 2 but there will definitely be 1. Just look at the details for all of the release games, none of them are FHC only, bar Reggie's racing game.

You guys have to realise that it doesn't matter THAT much if Nintendo make losses on the controllers. They get money for every game sold on the Wii (something around $5 for 3rd party games)

And they'll be making money on the System itself since not that much new technology has been added, appart from a graphics upgrade and a few otger bits (as far as we know so far anyway)

It would make sense to include two FHC's with the Wii. The two ii's suggest that they are the FHC's so I would expect Nintendo to bundle in two controllers plus the analog attachment for each FHC.

If this was to happen then developers could create games that use both FHC and come up with some interesting and innovative games.

The benefit to loss ratio of including a second controller is immense.

Sony and Microsoft are shipping at a loss without that edge.. if anything Nintendo is pissing all over the contents of the competition's boxes.

By adding a second controller there is incentive to make use of it.. which increases sales- which multiplayer title will be there from launch that has multiplayer, and sells incredibly well? Smash Bros.

The benefit to loss ratio of including a second controller is immense.

Sony and Microsoft are shipping at a loss without that edge.. if anything Nintendo is pissing all over the contents of the competition's boxes.

By adding a second controller there is incentive to make use of it.. which increases sales- which multiplayer title will be there from launch that has multiplayer, and sells incredibly well? Smash Bros.

AFT. I couldn't agree any more with this, I think it's in their best interest to relsease Wii with 2 controllers as standard!

Would be cool with two, the only problem would be I'd want two different colours for my FHC's. Now this would end up with a ridiculous combination of boxes to fill.

I'd want a Black Wii, with one black FHC and one white one!!

I don't think they will ship it will two FHC's. Why not? The harddrive is optional on the 360 this time because MS lost so much money on them last time, hardly anyone used it. It will be the same for Nintendo, they're trying to get everyone to use the online service, you only need 1 controller for that. Nintendo don't want to take the tabs on those spare controllers which might not be used. If the controllers were £25 and included the nun-chuck I would defintely buy an extra one at a launch and the people who only want 1 controller don't need to buy another one.

If there are games which take advantage of the player using 2 FHC's then there will deffinately be 2 contollers in the box. I've been questioning for years why they've never done this before. Everyone knows that it's more fun to play with a friend than a computer. My mate was talking about fight night on the Xbox 360, and how cool it was. Instead of using buttons, you use the second analogue stick for punches. When Wii is realeased, I hope that it demonstrates how it will defeat the task much better.

If there are games which take advantage of the player using 2 FHC's then there will deffinately be 2 contollers in the box. I've been questioning for years why they've never done this before. Everyone knows that it's more fun to play with a friend than a computer. My mate was talking about fight night on the Xbox 360, and how cool it was. Instead of using buttons, you use the second analogue stick for punches. When Wii is realeased, I hope that it demonstrates how it will defeat the task much better.

Money, only reason. They lose money if they put an extra controller in and gain money if someone buys it seperately.