Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sadness

Stocka

No, unless you think licensing an engine is the same as making a game. Which it isn't.

No, what I mean is if Emergent licensed it and says the game is running on their engine, then it is legit and it exists. How can anyone refute this now? Would Emergent license their engine without proof that it's a real company with a real project? Even after this news people keep doubting the game exists.

Anyway, I thought vaporware was stuff announced that didn't exist, but I just looked up the term and it can refer to stuff that does exist but never is released. I didn't know that, so I guess it can be called vaporware, yes. But I still think 2 years is too little a time to doubt the game. Most games take 2-4 years to be made, so let's give them a bit more credit.

I never lost hope in Sadness. I know there's a possibility it will never be released, I don't believe in it blindly. I just keep up the hope, because I think it's a very interesting concept. :)

No, what I mean is if Emergent licensed it and says the game is running on their engine, then it is legit and it exists. How can anyone refute this now? Would Emergent license their engine without proof that it's a real company with a real project? Even after this news people keep doubting the game exists.
Nowhere in the press release do they say anywhere that they've seen the game running, it's just a remix of the same hollow words we've heard all the time, added with some stuff about Gamebryo. Look - Gamebryo is middleware, and anyone can buy middleware with some funds. Emergent gets money, and they're happy.
Anyway, I thought vaporware was stuff announced that didn't exist, but I just looked up the term and it can refer to stuff that does exist but never is released. I didn't know that, so I guess it can be called vaporware, yes. But I still think 2 years is too little a time to doubt the game. Most games take 2-4 years to be made, so let's give them a bit more credit.
Don't be ridicilous, they've been announcing 2006 dates while at best they've just started with it. At least most of all was just misleading the public. They didn't even have a Nintendo license until a few months ago, for crying out loud, and we don't know if they do now.

Don't be ridicilous, they've been announcing 2006 dates while at best they've just started with it. At least most of all was just misleading the public. They didn't even have a Nintendo license until a few months ago, for crying out loud, and we don't know if they do now.

Totally agree.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Nibris Site Up and Running

Mysterious Wii Developers Nibris finally have their official website up, with more details on their first planned title, Sadness.

The website, at http://www.nibris.net/, gives out more details on the team themselves, and lists that Nibris will be at the Games Convention Expo in Leipzig later this year.

The Blooper Team, a separate Nibris studio set up to create small titles in a limited time, is also mentioned.

As an advertisement for any interested publishers, the team claim to be able to carry out the following;

# Porting existing games for DS and Wii - we can perform fast conversions of already existing games that will take advantage of unique controlling hardware for both DS and Wii consoles

# Wii-ware games development - we are ready to develop small Wii-ware games within several months

# Wii and DS titles - we can develop normal, full priced titles for both Nintendo DS and Wii consoles that will meet both market and publishers expectations for reasonably prices.

As for Sadness, the site states the game as planned for release late next year, with three screens of the game (that have already been seen before), and a space for a trailer that will be 'coming soon'.

From Cubed3.