NEurope
Stocka

Sadness

There was a time when I believed in this game and was one of its biggest defenders. I stopped believing last year or something. What, 3 years on and still only words and promises of the "best game evah"? Yeah, right.

here goes:

since we've seen the project is pretty much nonexistent... how did they manage to get a gamebryo licence and do a press release in the lines of "SADNESS IS POWERED BY GAMEBRYO"?

We're talking about the oblivion engine after all, were they (gamebryo developers) that desperate? I mean... if anything it's having a engine associated with... vaporware, shouldn't they have made sure that they had assets and some stuff going on? which they hadn't?

Plus:

Do they even have Wii development kits? official ones? are they a licenced Nintendo Wii developer? how did they manage that?

How far along does he think the game is going? And from what he know what would be an approximate release date.

Why is NE even taking Nibris seriously enough to do such an interview? Ex-employee or not.

Why is NE even taking Nibris seriously enough to do such an interview? Ex-employee or not.

I'm not sure they were taking them seriously as much as just finding out the truth behind this debacle.

Anyway, it's a dead cert that this won't be showing it's face at E3.

Thankfully 3D Realms has finally gone under and that has put paid to the farce that was Duke Nukem Forever.

Thankfully 3D Realms has finally gone under and that has put paid to the farce that was Duke Nukem Forever.

I'm not sure the waste of time, resources and effort- and most of all the loss of jobs- is something to be thankful for.

I'm not sure the waste of time, resources and effort- and most of all the loss of jobs- is something to be thankful for.

Well I for one am thankful that the sorry saga has come to an end. 12 years of waiting and finally... nothing. This game became an industry joke and now finally it can disappear from release schedules forever!

I think it was all taken out of hand anyway because looking back at the original trailer, I cant say it made me that excited anyway.

Seriously. Who actually believed this game existed outside of a knowlingly over-ambitious PR stunt?

For a minute, I was going to roll my eye on another comment by one of those guys from Nibris only to finally have some news that is real.

Not bad for something that never existed having 19 pages.

Pretty sad to look back at the first few pages >_>

I figured it out!!!

They hyped up the gullible(pretty much everyone in the start) for what could have been an awesome game. Little did we know, there was never any plans for Sadness beyond the sadness we feel at such a game not coming to fruition.

It was a game alright, but their game and the goal? Leaving us in anguish.

It's a lot like To the Pain.

For a minute, I was going to roll my eye on another comment by one of those guys from Nibris only to finally have some news that is real.

Not bad for something that never existed having 19 pages.

Pretty sad to look back at the first few pages >_>

I had a look back too, all that early hype and anticipation, they kept it going for a while too!

Ha ha, can someone delete this thread?

I'd normally wouldn't ask for such drastic measures, but I really, really, never want to see this thread topping the forum again! :D

It makes me.. Sad. :(

;)

Edited by Sméagol

I actually hope this does come out. I think it sounds quite interesting, actually.

Although, I don't hold out much home.

One of the open positions they've listed on their site is Project Manager...

In all fairness I don't think this was ever intended as a joke as many people on here seem to think. I believe it was a group of overly-enthusuastic young guys who thought the job of developing a game would be much easier than it eventually turned out to be.

Also, considering there are so many open vacancies for their studio, it sounds like they should down-scale their original plans and aim for a much smaller concept. If there are so few of them (like that N-E interview suggested a while back and like this page suggests http://www.nibris.net/work_en.html ) then I would have thought making a WiiWare game would have been a much more realistic approach.

If they'd have done that from the beginning then we'd probably have something to play by now.

Considering their news feed says "We'll be attending GC this year".....in 2008, i wouldn't hold out much hope that they're still around.

Also, considering there are so many open vacancies for their studio, it sounds like they should down-scale their original plans and aim for a much smaller concept. If there are so few of them (like that N-E interview suggested a while back and like this page suggests http://www.nibris.net/work_en.html ) then I would have thought making a WiiWare game would have been a much more realistic approach.

This. A quick Google search reveals they have a team of 14 people. That's a big ask for a full retail game.

It's worrying that people are still clinging on to hope for Sadness after Minecartgate.