NEurope
Stocka

Sadness

Nibris forgot to tell Nintendo about this "game"...

At this time, Sadness has not been announced for release on the Wii console. Since this title would most likely come from one of our third-party licensees, I’d suggest contacting them for more information. Please go to the following link on our website for a complete list of licensee companies:

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/licensees.jsp

Once a game has been officially announced, our website’s Game List (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/gameslist/gamelist.jsp) represents the best place to find the most accurate release dates. Once there, use the dropdown menus to narrow your search based on system, publisher, category, or ESRB rating.

They haven't even got a license yet...

Doesn't that mean that they don't have a devkit? Doesn't that suggest that this game is fake (on top of all other evidence)?

I thought you bought a license and a devkit from Nintendo if you wanted to develop Wii games. It's only around ~$5000, no problem if your company actually produces something.

Nibris is the single greatest paper development studio I have ever seen. They have been around prior to the days of the Nintendo "Revolution" and their complete failure to release much of anything that is of substance does not surprise me.

Nibris forgot to tell Nintendo about this "game"...

They haven't even got a license yet...

Oh well, another nail in the coffin for this non-existant title. Still, they did manage to get their christmas cards out...

Have they got a dev kit or a license to make Wii games yet? Or a publisher?

i'm not even sure that they've even got a development team. this could be the worlds longest april fools.

if nibris aren't making the game, i wish to god somebody would though.

major bumpage. IGN have a press release up. I'd link it, but i'm on my phones internet...

It seems some progress is being made... Or this is the longest hoax in gaming history- with the exception of Duke Nukem Forever..!

Here it is:

Gamebryo Breathes Life Into Wii's First Black-And-White Horror Title

Highly-Anticipated Wii Game, Sadness, Chooses Emergent's Gamebryo

CALABASAS, Calif. (April XX, 2008) –Emergent Game Technologies announced today that the highly-anticipated psychological thriller Sadness for Wii™ is being built on the Gamebryo game development platform. The first Wii title to be presented entirely in black-and-white is in development by Poland-based game studio Nibris. Taking place prior to World War I, Sadness is a crime noir thriller with richly detailed characters and an engaging storyline.

“Without a doubt, Gamebryo is the most powerful engine available for the Wii. After getting familiar with the engine several months ago we made the decision to choose Gamebryo. Since then, our team has been working on Sadness and we are quite impressed,” said Tomasz Wisniowski, Project Manager of Nibris. “We will have quite a few graphical effects in our game, which some believe are impossible to attain on the Wii. Gamebryo helped make it possible. We are firmly convinced we made the right choice.”

“From the early stages of pre-production with Sadness, Nibris realized that they would need development technology that allowed for an extreme amount of flexibility in the creative process, which is a cornerstone of the Gamebryo framework,” said Geoffrey Selzer, CEO of Emergent. “Sadness is designed to push the bounds of Wii technically and creatively. We are thrilled to be a part of Nibris’ ground-breaking product. We’re really looking forward to playing Sadness on Wii.”

Gamebryo gives Nibris’ developers a considerable head start by implementing numerous Wii development features that do not typically come with standard SDKs. Loaded with rendering and animation tools, a Wii-specific viewer, extensive libraries and APIs to simplify pipeline integration, Gamebryo provides Wii teams everything they need to optimize and deliver visually stunning games on time and on budget.

Sadness is a horror adventure game aimed at adults with strong nerves. Players will need to confront their greatest fears and protect themselves in hopes of not getting trapped inside the main character’s nightmare. The game has eight different extreme endings each with their own premise, which are assigned to a player based on specific factors during the game. To compliment the intense gameplay, the Wii-mote and Wii Nunchuk control the main character’s hands so players feel as though they are in the psychological thriller.

About Gamebryo

Gamebryo has been fully optimized for development on PLAYSTATION 3, Xbox 360, PC and Wii, and has recently gained attention as the engine used in Bethesda Softworks’ record-breaking Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION 3 and PC title, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and on its upcoming Fallout 3 across the same platforms. Gamebryo is also being used by EA-Mythic on its upcoming Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. Gamebryo is a mature software product that ships with 3,500 pages of fully indexed, searchable documentation. To date, Gamebryo has been used in more than 200 games titles ranging from massively multiplayer online games, high-end retail games across multiple genres, and casual games.

About Emergent

Emergent Game Technologies provides flexible technologies and services that give developers an unmatched range of integrated capabilities for building, testing and managing games. These proven, stand-alone solutions include the award-winning Gamebryo game engine used to create hit next-generation games for the Wii™, PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360™, and PC. Emergent gives developers the flexibility they need to fuel creativity while reducing risk.

Emergent is headquartered in Calabasas, Calif., and has offices in Chapel Hill, NC; Austin, Texas; London; Tokyo; China; and Korea. To learn more, visit http://www.emergent.net.

About Nibris

Nibris is a video game development company located in Krakow, Poland who develops interactive entertainment titles solely for Nintendo systems. Nibris ltd was created in response to Nintendo's appeal for fresh ideas for video games in 2006. The company is based in the heart of Europe - Cracow, where East meets West. Their geo-cultural placement gives them a unique perspective on game design and development. Nibris is committed to innovative ideas and scenarios which permit players to fully empathize with their onscreen alter egos, and reach a level of immersion that most games pay lip service to, but never achieve. Nibris uses emotioneering to create game experiences that evoke sadness, fear, joy, in ways other developers have not yet achieved. Nibris is an official Nintendo DS and Nintendo Wii developer. Curently Nibris is working on the most anticpated title - Sadness (Nintendo Wii). Nibris is exclusively represented by FOG Studios, Inc.(http://www.fogstudios.com), the leading agency for interactive representation since 1979. For more information please visit http://www.nibris.net.

[/Quote]

Source

So we have confirmation that, even if this game is real (which it isn't), it's only been in development for like three months.

So, where is everyone that said Sadness was Vaporware? I believe you have all been pwn3d, my pe0pl3z. :D

So we have confirmation that, even if this game is real (which it isn't)

So, the creators of Gamebryo are in on the joke too, in your opinion?

So we have confirmation that, even if this game is real (which it isn't), it's only been in development for like three months.
I'd say it's real, but you're kinda right on your last sentence; since gamebryo was announced as "being ported" not even ready) in September 2007. that gives them about 6 months if they jumped on the ship right away and without tools. (perhaps using the pc engine at first, if they are using the Wii-build of the engine now, that is).

So, where is everyone that said Sadness was Vaporware? I believe you have all been pwn3d, my pe0pl3z. :D

Ha. Not really. A lot of us just refused to get hyped about a game that constantly fails to see a release date. They tried to get people hyped to early and have massively failed to actually show anything off yet. Most people just ignore the cries of "And don't forget Sadness!" that Nibris regularly chuck at us.

In the end, if this game ever gets released, it will most likely suck anyway (I am not fully meaning the game itself but more along the lines of the hype was a waste of time as it is just like all the other average games on the Wii)

If that screenshot is from the game, then it looks entirely different to what I was expecting. Therefore dreadful. If the viewpoint was fixed behind the character it would be far creepier.

Intruiging... though it does call for a healthy dose of scepticism.

Could be awesome, could be crap. Guess we'll just have to wait (some more) and see.

I'm digging the tone, though. That alledged screenshot has a Project Zero-vibe to it. Me like! :heh:

This has potention, but my guts say this is going to have to try very hard. Very hard indeed.

Quite the opposite. This proves that the game was vapourware.

At least things seem to be moving forward. Regardless of past feelings and suspicions of the game, we should be supporting a new developer with a new IP for Wii.

Quite the opposite. This proves that the game was vapourware.

But people said that the game would never see the light of day, that Nibris didn't exist, that it was just one guy taking the piss out of the gaming industry.

But people said that the game would never see the light of day, that Nibris didn't exist, that it was just one guy taking the piss out of the gaming industry.
not me, I still called them vaporware though; and I stand by what I said then.

It is vaporware, until we actualy see proof of it running, yeah :P

They still exist and this isn't some ruse

No, unless you think licensing an engine is the same as making a game. Which it isn't.

At the very least they've been fooling with us for two whole years. It's ridicilous really.