"Wii? i am not buying that!"

mike-zim

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to get used to it... but it's gonna take some time before I really totally get used to it. Then again, I have half a year left, or maybe more, since I still don't know when the Revo... ehhh Wii is gonna be released in Europe.

Probs not, actually the name is only good in Japan.

If we look at the History of Nintendos home console names:

NES = An Entertainment system that was made by Nintendo

SNES = A Super(upgraded) Entertainment system that was made by Nintendo

N64 = A Nintendo console with 64 bit graphics

Gamecube = A cube designed console that plays games

So in theory why not name it the N5, Revolution, or even Blue Wave.

But why the FUCK Wii, bet they thought iPods are cool - need an extra i to show we care about multiplayer and very wholesome - oh its about "WE".

They have just alienated all gamers everywhere and have gone after people who actually don't play games.

So FUCK off Nintendo, everytime yourgetting it right you screw it up.

We oui Wii

My conclusion is that the name's not for the gamers, the games will be for us,-and everyone, but the name will certainly attract girls and older people, I can't imagine a married thirty something man (or woman) with kids, seeing an ad for The Nintendo Revolution, and feeling like it's something they would want, but I can definitely see them feeling that way if it were called Wii. First they'll say, "Wii? that's strange, hmm.." The biggest thing it has going for it is that it's different enough to break away from the current videogame image, and that's exactly what Nintendo wants to do, they won't be thinking, "HAHA That sounds like Wee, I'm too grown for THAT!" It's a much more inviting name than Revolution is for the people they need to reach with the name, because any real gamer will play and buy one regardless of the name.

hell, I could even see my parents, who are over 50, and black, being interested in it.

IF NINTENDO CAME UP WITH THE NAME....WHO ARE Wii TO ARGUE?

For years they have provided awesome games, new gaming innovations and years of fun!

When your sitting there throwing your arms about having the time of your life, interacting with the likes of Mario and Zelda like you have never done before...you won't even think about what its called!

I can't wait....I want it now....Bring on E3!!!

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!! :yay: