NEurope
Nick

What The Hell?? Nintendo Wii!!??

Introducing... Wee

it's not really about you or me, it's about wee.

wee will change everything.

They cannot keep this name, at least not for anywhere outside of Japan. That's if it's real anyway, why would Nintendo release this name now when E3 is so close?

Maybe this is one of the names they were going for and they've announced it to get people's reactions so they're not laughed at when they stand up at E3 and say 'who wants a wee?'

*clutching at straws*

GC2/N5/other generic idea for a codename - revo - wii - something else. its possible, infact, quite possible looking at the wealth of positive reactions here.

they may have released this to see peoples reactions. maybe tomorrow they're rename the revolution to something else. 13 days till Nintendo's conference

Would you like a wii for chritsmas?

how do you pronounce it? that is mental..... is it 'we' or 'why' cause thats babyish being wee as in weewee.

oh please god no they can call it that in japan like they did with touch dic but in the western market with the word associated with piss im not taking that!

Jesus...I don't see why you're all complaining for a name. Get over it. Its the official name.

Besides, the name sounds like "ipod" and I think it will appeal to many people. Its a smart move by Nintendo. You can pronounce the name "why" so stop saying it'lle sound like pee. Personally, I found the name is strange at first but it's sunk in now. The logo is sleek aswell :hehe:

It's pronounced 'We'

As in 'We will play it together'.

It's not that bad when you look at it like that. Still odd though, massive surprise never would of guessed it!

I wish they kept Revolution though. :hehe:

People calm down, it's just a name. ZOMG NINTENDO IS CRAP I DONT LIEK DEH NAAME!

wii

Someone probably got fired for letting this out.

Nintendo probably had the website prepared if it did leak before E3 to cash in on media coverage.

On a side note the Revolution is a tiny console.. and the name Wii will only be printed in small under the slot loading drive.

So, Who is going to have a Wii in the corner of the bedroom before the year is out?

Wii all are. Maybe not in the corner, maybe below the tv. I hope it doesn't short circuit

Someone probably got fired for letting this out.

Nintendo probably had the website prepared if it did leak before E3 to cash in on media coverage.

It´s on the main page of NOA and NOE´s official sites so I´m pretty sure it wasn´t a leak...

The best line I've seen so far is:

When playing Nintendo Wii you really feel like urine the game

L O L....so yeah, Nintendo has underestimated the general populations level of immaturity and its ability to exploit a misstep. These wii jokes are coming in at an alarming rate, its hilarious

Imagine what this means for various Nintendo websites, forget Revolution-Europe becoming "wii-europe" how about "Planet Wii" :laughing:

Apparently the launch line up will include Resident Wiivil and Wave Race: Golden Shower :hehe:

i dont normally care about names for a console but this really takes the piss.

does 'Wii' mean anything in japanese?

I hate to piss on your parade, but this will be the final name. I suppose Nintendo are glad they don't have to hold it in anymore, really. They must be relieved.

I suppose Nintendo's new console is aiming to be number one.

Yeah, I'll stop.

It´s on the main page of NOA and NOE´s official sites so I´m pretty sure it wasn´t a leak...

HAHAHAHAAAA!!!

It's a dreadful name. But alas, looks like it's here to stay. I'm going to be in a queue of people who all want a Wii on launch day, it seems.

Why Nintendo WHY!

I hate it, revolution signifies what it's all about, Wii does not, in my opinion

(probably been done numerous times before in this thread)

ive changed my mind completely. I hate it. It just ridicles Nintendo amongst PS3 and Xbox plebs. WTF???? i hope someone in Nintendo gets the sack for this one

They wont be releasing a pale yellow green version of this console.. I was really hoping for that colour Revolution.

Like someone said this could be a little test to see people reactions, it may not be the final name.

If it is, i'm pretty sure we will all get used to it.

Saying that, Nintendo's tactic has worked you will NEVER forget the name of the console. Kids say to their parents i want a wii and the parents will never forget. Using such a strange name has caused everyone to talk about it, exactly what Nintendo wants!

Well done Nintendo. It's 'Back in the picture!' and in the spotlight again! Everyones talking about Nintendo's next console! :grin:

I hate to piss on your parade, but this will be the final name. I suppose Nintendo are glad they don't have to hold it in anymore, really. They must be relieved.

I suppose Nintendo's new console is aiming to be number one.

Yeah, I'll stop.

My doctor says that holding wii is bad for your blatter.

Oh and ii means good, not wii.