NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
solitanze

DVD Playback On Revolution

that was the other thing i was thinkig about but i for got it, actually pretending like it was an ipod spinning wheel thing and spinning the controler in the air.

or even they could just make the d-pad left and right, fast-forward and rewind.

i think the spinning in the air would be good, you can do it quite slow so you can get up to a point you lef ton, really easily, right to the correct fram ,then do it fast to go really into the film

Very minority report-esque.

I think Nintendo would be fools not to show off the controller's possibility on the GUI of the system.

It's like the user's first real interaction. It sums up their expectations.

I can see the GUI being totally fluid.

Remember there was quite a bit of hubub over the centre button on the Revolution. the one with a light in it.

I'm guessing that will be involved.

Did i miss something? please explain what you ment so i can understand because i have no idea what button you are on about! Cheers!

I don't think SD cards will go in the bottom.

In fact that would be really annoying every time you want to remove a memory card you'd have to lift up the console.

It would be simpler and easier to mouth the SD bay(s) on the top or indeed as the case may be on the front.

Hell SD cards are small enough why the hell don't they include a slot in the controller? It would be much easier for taking it round your mates.. They do it on the original xbox.

Anyway that's going a little off topic.

SD will probably be on the top or the front of the system.

21st, most consoles have expansion bays, even if they're not used- the N64 and Cube had them, as did the PS1 and PS2.

There's a screw on the ports and they're clearly there for a reason otherwise it would be cheaper just to have a flat panel in the case.

Yeah, but this controller is wireless! The original Xbox controllers had wires, and the wireless xbox controllers has the memorycard-slots in the base.

Why are you all having a go at Nintendork, he is only saying it as it is.

Because he makes up quotes.

Claims things are, when they are simply only his opinion. He also slaps down anybody elses opinion other than his, which is no problem in itself, but he then goes on to use opinion as fact.

Is generally hostile, so when people think he is wrong the situation usually becomes inflammatory. Usually ending up with a dose of self-gratification:

Triforce Keeper and Patch to be blunt with you I don't give a fuck.

If it wasn't for me you'd still be talking about how the Revolution stand might be a battery or a power supply.

Which if I remember correctly I debunked from the moment I saw it.. and continued on to prove how it was bolox.

He often proclaims to be a REALIST as opposed to a speculator but goes on to make decision based on imaginery scenarios such as this gem:

I just get the impression for that flap to be there, and to still be a secret.. it has to be something bigger than a DVD playback.

Can you imagine at the press event "Satoru, what's that little flap for then?"

Iwata: "Oh it's just the DVD playback, sorry to get your hopes up"

Now I don't remember him being an authority on what Saturo Iwata thinks or about him being able to predict the future but I think that he is specualting there.

He's an Elitist snob who a lot of people find very unfriendly. This thread is a perfect example. I'm not saying that everything he says is wrong, I just think that when he's in the mood his head is predominantly up his arse.

Answer your question?

why import that its like out tomorow, here in the EU.

shabba, heres the link to hmv

I didn't mean that I would want to watch that specific movie as an import ( I've had it since September of last year ) I was just using it as an example because so many people were waiting for it to hit the states, you know.

I wish they'd just change their minds and have the Rev DVD-playback enabled. I don't like the idea of having to buy the DVD attachment. Besides, the only DVD player I have is my computer.

I wish they'd just change their minds and have the Rev DVD-playback enabled. I don't like the idea of having to buy the DVD attachment. Besides, the only DVD player I have is my computer.

Internal DVD player means a more expensive Revolution.

I have about 10 DVD players in my house and most people have 2-3players in the house.

Yeah and with a standalone dvdplayer you won´t waste the revs laser-lens´ lifetime...

Apparently the main thing is that if they had a feature included that allowed DVD playback straight out the box, then they'd need to pay royalties to the DVD whatever-you-call it organisation. The attachment wont be much, it's simply so they can avoid paying those fees.

By about what, 10 dollars? :S

I have about 10 DVD players in my house and most people have 2-3players in the house.

Apparantly, my parents tell me I can have anything I desire. All I need to do is prove that I deserve it. When I asked them for a DVD player, they told me to get some DVD movies first. I got irritated a bit, but then I realized that I'm the kind of guy who only watches movies once...unless they're aired on the TV.

dvd roalyties where some thing like $20(usd) thats when the ps2 came out it may have lowered a small bit since then. when you consider you can get a cheap dvd player for $60(aud) and some times less it whould not add much value to the revolution if it was standed.

they could include drivers for dvd playback on an sd card, dvd or even downloadable of the nintendo virtual console. since the revolution has internal storage.

By about what, 10 dollars? :S

Yeah, $10 doesn't sound like much does it?

Well, if you make 3 million Revolutions it ads up to 30 million dollars.

I want video playback via SD card/usb hard drive. I will be getting the DVD add on simply to complete the package but I like to *borrow* my movies :p

That and netflix keep me good on video media :)

Fine Jamba, you have 24 hours to prove that I have made up a quote.

If you don't I want an apology.

I did not make up any such quotes. I quoted from Nintendo.com and Satoru Iwata's mouth.

I think my quote from the president of Nintendo and his official American website has a little more credibility than someone's year old memory.

When did he say that.

All I can remember is the e3 2005 statement "Small internal attachment".

Oh E3 2005, could it be that you heard wrong.. or simply forgot over the last year.

I did not make up that quote, and speculation is different from using a hypothetical situation to demonstrate my point.

That flap is for something more important than DVD playback.

Here's the Nintendo.com website

You can also equip a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content.

You have 24 hours or you have lost my respect Jamba, point taken about being elitist and hostile.. you're not the first to note it. I study a course called Critical Thinking, it's an a-level which teaches you to analyse arguments and evidence.

Hence my agressive stance sometimes.

Put it in perspective- we're arguing over what is under a piece of plastic.

Nobody really cares when they go home at night.

----

I agree Nintendo have made a good move here- they're adopting DVD technology late.. it could have been in the GameCube as standard, but 5 years on nearly everyone has a DVD player and it would be rude of them to make us pay for another one.

Did i miss something? please explain what you ment so i can understand because i have no idea what button you are on about! Cheers!
It's the middle button which says 'Home' it would probably take you to the GUI menu which would lead to selections such as 'watch a DVD'

Oh E3 2005, could it be that you heard wrong.. or simply forgot over the last year.

I did not make up that quote, and speculation is different from using a hypothetical situation to demonstrate my point.

That flap is for something more important than DVD playback.

Here's the Nintendo.com website

When it comes to the e3 2005, trust me on that Iwata say: "Small internal attchment", think i've seen e3 2005 presentation 10 times..

Had not read on the Nintendo.com page though, but they have written strange stuff before there.

e3 2006 wee'll hopefully get the answer...

No it hasn't it has simply been confirmed that it will be a "small self contained DVD dongle to enable playback"

Here you've put this in speech marks. But then you said this:

Iwata: "Small self contained attachment to enable DVD playback"

Translation: Dongle.

So you changed what you have quoted. Looks like a miss-quote, as one of them would be false. Not to mention that you didn't link it to anything at the time, so why should people believe you?

Not trying to have a big dig at you mate, it's just that someone asked why everyone was getting their hackles up. Also, as you are studying your course, you should know that arguing your points agressively will only put you at a disadvantage when trying to convince someone.

Personally I don't need your respect at all, that's for white people trying to act like black people. I understand why you argue so drastically but it's not helping anyone.

Also you said that you use hypothetical situations to prove your point, which was that the front flap would not be used for the DVD expansion. You have no evidence or deductive reasoning behind this. Therefore it is speculation. Creating a scenario which plays out in a fashion dictated by you is also speculation, as you are assuming: how the public will react, how Nintendo market their console, what is under the flap and also that the 3rd secret must be under there. You think that there is a gold mine of interesting stuff under the flap at the front of your TV? No you ass. It's just there so you can get to it without scrambling behind the set.

"Satoru, what's that little flap for then?"

It's not a flap, It's a button, and pressing it causes the side of the console to flip up revealing a portable screen. So there! Taking gaming out of the TV indeed.

nintendork im sorry but I am getting quite sick of your posts, you say that things like thats that end of! like it isnt worth speculating. Im sure othr people have ideas of there own.

Take a chill pill. Nintendork’s speculations might be wrong, but hay no one is perfect. Nintendork can say what ever he wants in his post. Its called the freedom of speech.

(Im not saying Nintendork’s speculations are wrong, they just “might” be.)

Well, when the revo is getting clsoer, my ps2 is getting sold as i only use it for dvds now and i can sue the space to put the revo. Including the ps2 i have 2 dvd players.

It's not a flap, It's a button, and pressing it causes the side of the console to flip up revealing a portable screen. So there! Taking gaming out of the TV indeed.

I like the way you think :bouncy:

Take a chill pill. Nintendork’s speculations might be wrong, but hay no one is perfect. Nintendork can say what ever he wants in his post. Its called the freedom of speech.

Take a chill pill. TriforceKeeper's comments might be inflammatory, but hey, no one is perfect. TriforceKeeper can say what ever he wants in his post. Its called the freedom of speech.

See what I did there? ;)

And no, no-one can say whatever they want. There are rules on these message boards.

It's likaly that the tec is allready in there, the cost of the add-on will be to cover the lienceing needed (much like xbox making users buy a remote first). I recon it will be something very small that plugs in, maybe even a memory card, containing data to be loaded onto the hard-drive.

Sign in to follow this