NEurope
Stocka

Take a look at these Mario screens

I don't think I'd really like to see it in a game. For one, I have trouble with these images because you need both of your eyes to work, while I have this problem that I can usually only get one eye to really focus on something. Also, this year we went to a teacher's house and he has all this film equipment and makes these kind of movies with stereoscopy... I can tell you that after only 30 minutes of watching it you can get quite dizzy and get a huge headache (everyone got it, not just me). Of course that's probably something that has to do with your body not being used to it, but overall, I don't like the idea much. I know I probably stand alone though. =/

Nope i have the same problem, 3D doesnt work for my eyes as i found out with the Virtual Boy. I also almost failed my vision test for my drivers license. the eye/road sign test was taken in a VB type scope thing. In my case, HD would suit me more than stereoscopy but i can do without either.

I have a lazy eye, but i can still use those 3d glasses, i normally wear my normal glasses underneath.

Without saying that it´s the revs final feature, stereoscopy can be made good or bad! I´m a fan of stereoskopy since I´m a little child... therefor I have seen many bad stereoskopic films wihich really hurt my eyes... but I´ve also seen very high quality stereoscopic movies, which you can look @ for hours without getting a headache( no blurry pictures, full-rgb-color)...

Stereoskopy is not stereoskopy, it always differs in quality and the highquality-approaches are very enduser-capable...Or do you forum-people truly believe that George Lukas, Peter Jackson etc. have no eye for nice pictures(remind: next year we all get a high-quality solution in our local cinema )....

So don´t rule it out as shit until you´ve seen a quality-3Dmovie

Stocka, dude, just let the 3D thing go. Don't you think it would also totally hinder the Revs hardware? I love my virtual boy (it's a tough love mind you) but I DON'T want a stereoscopic system yet.

And you're totally forgetting something. That would scare off the customer, the ones that Nintendo designed the FHC for.

I can't believe this bullshit made it to the front page of digg.com

It's been shot down now.

Those freaking Nintendwankers will digg anything with Nintendo in the headline.

The pics are cool looking, but they might be fake.

Might be?? Look at the 2nd picture, it's got flawless 1px 'blinds' put over the top. Tell me, how would pictures sized to 640x480 have 1px lines over them?

To demonstrate, here's the 2nd shot at 1600%

1px.jpg

Anyone who knows the first thing about CG design knows this wouldn't happen on a resized image.

Might be?? Look at the 2nd picture, it's got flawless 1px 'blinds' put over the top. Tell me, how would pictures sized to 640x480 have 1px lines over them?

To demonstrate, here's the 2nd shot at 1600%

1px.jpg

Anyone who knows the first thing about CG design knows this wouldn't happen on a resized image.

soooo whats that mean?

Nintendo already did the sterescopic 3D thing with the Virtual Boy, and it was a disater. Lets not raise that bloated corpse now shall we?

Nintendo already did the sterescopic 3D thing with the Virtual Boy, and it was a disater. Lets not raise that bloated corpse now shall we?

True, but that was to in-advance for that time to be a hit. Also it wasn't very good.

Nintendo have had the time to create a visor/3D glasses but i've kinda passed thinking the last secret is that, maybe for their next console or for the future?

I'm still trying to work out that bloody final secret it better be worth the wait!!!!!!!

I was talking to my mate from collage a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't play games that much these days but he was saying how he would really like it if some sort of virtual reality thing was released. He has never heard of the virtual boy either. I believe it will happen in time but not now. A headset would be far to intimidating to the Nintendogs and Brain Training crowd. I would lurve it though:bouncy:

If stereostopic 3D comes out games will not be games anymore. And that's not a good thing.

True, but that was to in-advance for that time to be a hit. Also it wasn't very good.

Nintendo have had the time to create a visor/3D glasses but i've kinda passed thinking the last secret is that, maybe for their next console or for the future?

I'm still trying to work out that bloody final secret it better be worth the wait!!!!!!!

If insider were here he'd tell us it's nothing that special. But he seems to have disappeared because he got the April 20th thing wrong :heh:

The only thing i was waiting for on the 20th was game informer stuff.

and we got that, even tho it was rubbish

Just wait till E3, and keep open minded. There are many hints, but I'm not in the mood to find every one from the past year or so right now.

But heres a few quotes just to keep you at bay for now.

Satoru Iwata:

"We invented the current way a console is played - in front of a television and holding a controller - but maybe that image will change."

Shigeru Miyamoto:

"I think maybe if I could do anything, I would make it so you don't have to sit in front of a TV and play. If you could have a machine that you just plugged in and played inside a virtual world that - would be just great."

"Sitting in front of your monitor with a controller, there's really nowhere to go from that paradigm, all you can do is make it prettier and faster."

"What Nintendo wants to do is to open up that road, create something that goes beyond."

I also believe in that Stereoscopic 3D thing.

I remember that IGN had a report where George Lucas, Peter Jackson and that Rodriguez Guy said that a next-gen console will support stereoscopic 3d. It can't be the X-360 and Sony would also have said it, but who is hiding another secret?

Also it would make quite a lot of sense, after all the FHC is for real 3D movement, so simulated 3D would be quite logical.

soooo whats that mean?

It means anyone who thinks these 'might' be fake is wrong. They're definitely fake :P

Lets face it people. This just sin't going to happen. Whatever Nintendo have up their sleave WILL be BETTER then THIS.

Never say Never, people! Stocka may well and truly be right!

Lets just wait and see before saying 'It's not that' etc..!

:wink: