N-Europe

Slasher game

Zombie_Fan

Just the other day I was watching the first Friday the 13th (My all time favorite slasher movie). After the movie was over I started to think about the people that want more rated “M†games for the Revolution. I thought it would be cool if their was a horror survival game that plays like a 70s or 80s slasher movie (Sleep away Camp, Maniac, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, ect). You would play as the helpless teenagers or the insane killer. As a teenager you would have to survive by using objects such as axes, hammers, chainsaws and knives. You can hide from the killer by sliding under the bed, or creeping around a corner. The only way to make through the game is by surviving the night. You can also play as the killer. You have to hunt down the teenagers one by one. Hide in the bushes and slice a poor unsuspecting teen’s neck. Play with the teen’s minds by cutting of the power. You can also set up traps to catch your victims. The only way to win is by killing all the teenagers. Don’t think that being the killer will be easy, the teenagers will also cause harm to you. The last teen alive will do any thing to kill you. The game will have a switch system like “Resident Evil Zeroâ€, so you can control five or more teenagers. Each teen will have their strengths and weaknesses. The game will have online play. You can play in the 1st person view or 3rd view. The revmote will be used to look around, move object, and use weapons. A game like this will give great pleasure to all the gore hounds. I have not figured out the control set up yet. I think this game idea sounds cool. What do you think of it? Please ignore my grammar.

I'm not sure nintendo would let this to go to shops... And would be the next target after gta.

But I'd like to try that.Always wanted one game like that (which is really well done, cause I hate gta)

It was just a idea I had. I don't really think Nintendo needs a ton of rated "M" games. But it would not hurt to have some. Don't get me wrong, I never thought Nintendo had a kiddy image.

I LOVE HORROR!:smile:

great idea but I think it should soley be in 3rd person and you should only play as 1 teenager (although you choose which at the start) as having 5 on the go at the same time would be confusing as hell.

The upgrading difficulty sounds a great idea, with 1 teenager left fighting more fiercly or if you're playing the only teenager the killer would be more focused

great idea but I think it should soley be in 3rd person and you should only play as 1 teenager (although you choose which at the start) as having 5 on the go at the same time would be confusing as hell.

The upgrading difficulty sounds a great idea, with 1 teenager left fighting more fiercly or if you're playing the only teenager the killer would be more focused

Some people like to play in the 3rd person view, and some people don't. The player might want to have an option on what view to play in. The 3rd person view will give the play a eerie filling, and a sence of loneliness. Some people might not like this. Ether way the gameplay will still be scary. You can play as one teen if you want to. The other teens can wander off and do what not. They can run of and hide, or fight if they meet up with the killer. They can also talk to all the other teens, and split up into groups. Some times character AI dose not make the best decisions. This option lets you have more control over the teens actions. Great decision making is part of thier survival.

You know what instead of having the ability to switch between characters why not just make it online. Say 20 players, one is randomly selected to be the killer. This would bring in elements of teamwork and hopefully a little herorism. Going round in groups with walkie-talkies and the like.

And it would have to be a first-person game. I know a lot of Rev ideas use the first person viewpoint, but its essential in a horror game. Imagine creeping down a hallway, and then suddenly hearing something behind you, and when you turn you see nothing. Then you turn back and BAM chainsaw through the torso.

Maps should be randoml generated, or at least there should be a lasrge amount of them.

Just my thoughts.

well you could have it in 3rd person, so you could have back against the wall, sneek round corner moments etc.

Could also take an element from a PS2 game clocktower and another I can't remember were the main character has a panic meter were you have to hide from the chaser or you get too frightened and can't move etc.

You know what instead of having the ability to switch between characters why not just make it online. Say 20 players, one is randomly selected to be the killer. This would bring in elements of teamwork and hopefully a little herorism. Going round in groups with walkie-talkies and the like.

And it would have to be a first-person game. I know a lot of Rev ideas use the first person viewpoint, but its essential in a horror game. Imagine creeping down a hallway, and then suddenly hearing something behind you, and when you turn you see nothing. Then you turn back and BAM chainsaw through the torso.

Maps should be randoml generated, or at least there should be a lasrge amount of them.

Just my thoughts.

Awesome thoughts! :bowdown:

Just my thoughts.

I under stand what your saying. Your idea of online play is really good. Teamwork does play a big part of survival. The thing is you have to look at the game through the prospective view of a slasher movie (Speaking of single player mode). More then 10 teens will be able to take down a killer in a short amount of time. It is ok for online play to have 20 players, but 20 against 1 is an unfair number for single player mode. In slasher movies the victims are never prepared. So you have to ask your self “Would these unsuspecting teens have walkie-talkies with them in the first place?†If you want to talk to a certain person you have to take a chance, and go look for that person. I all ready said that at any time, the player can switch from ether the 1st person view or the 3rd person view. I can imagine the story taking place in a confined area. There can’t be office buildings or any thing of that kind. Maybe it can take place at a summer camp. Their can be cabins spread out around the area. The forest areas can be massive, it would be a great place to hide, and it would look creepy. The random generated map thing is another good idea. The areas will never stay the same. This means you can’t memorize safe spots.

In slasher movies the victims are never prepared. So you have to ask your self “Would these unsuspecting teens have walkie-talkies with them in the first place?†If you want to talk to a certain person you have to take a chance, and go look for that person.

what if the 20 people were all assigned either killer or victim. Then the game starts and no-one knows who the killer is. You don't know who to trust yet if you find out, say you see a person in the background following you or a player acting suspiciously, you could try and warn the others. I guess it would need some sort of microphone for his though. Would be scary as hell.

An online game can randomly choice one of the players to be the killer. This will also work in single player mode. Every teen in single player mode will have there own motives of killing, this way the game will have a different ending every time you play it. This game is mostly made up of suspicion and trust. The players will become paranoid of one another. As a player you can try and earn your trust with the other players. This game plays like the board game “Clue”. Players might consider teaming up with another player, and to keep an eye on the other players. This might not work sometimes, because two players can separate from each other. If the killer plays his/her cards right then he/she will not raise too much suspicion. If a player finds out that you’re the killer. You can try and kill that player before he/she tells the others. Even if the player tells the others that you’re the killer. The other players might not believe him/her. A microphone can be used in an online game.

(EDIT)

I just thought of something. You can't control all the teens in single player mode. If you did this then you would surley know who the killer is. This is a big problem. I need sometime to think it over.

Ahh sorry I got the wrong idea first time round. When I pictured the killer I thought along the lines of texas chainsaw unstoppable maniac villian, as opposed to the silent lunatic type. You see if it was the chainsaw, then 20 people would be a reasonable number. However the silent assasin would definitley, as you suggested, be better with less.

When I talked about a walkie-talkie, it was purely an example. There should be many objects, ranging from unoffensive objects like the walkie-talkie or a torch, to things you could use to fight back with like an axe or lead piping. Ofcourse in a game like this the items should be really rare, and finding one should be a result of persistance or a great amount of luck. The objects also should vary depending on location. So for instance like you suggested, in a summer camp (which by the way is an awesome idea) you'd find pots and pans in the kitchen. This is in contrast to an abandoned boat where you would find fish hooks.

Finally, i've got to explain why I have an obsession with the idea of first person in this game. Anyone ever see that movie Dog Soldiers, about the soldiers who fight a bunch of warewolves. You know that bit where the one guy goes at the warewolves with his fists before getting his ass kicked. I'm just thinking how awesome would it be, after be corned by some monster to go nuts on him with your fists (Revo controller), even though you know your number is up. Well at least that what I think.

Ahh sorry I got the wrong idea first time round. When I pictured the killer I thought along the lines of texas chainsaw unstoppable maniac villian, as opposed to the silent lunatic type. You see if it was the chainsaw, then 20 people would be a reasonable number. However the silent assasin would definitley, as you suggested, be better with less.

When I talked about a walkie-talkie, it was purely an example. There should be many objects, ranging from unoffensive objects like the walkie-talkie or a torch, to things you could use to fight back with like an axe or lead piping. Ofcourse in a game like this the items should be really rare, and finding one should be a result of persistance or a great amount of luck. The objects also should vary depending on location. So for instance like you suggested, in a summer camp (which by the way is an awesome idea) you'd find pots and pans in the kitchen. This is in contrast to an abandoned boat where you would find fish hooks.

Good ideas. You could have it so one person is a maniac proper horror killer but has Mega attributes. These would depend on what killer he would be though. You could have assassins, people who look like normal players or you could have your very noisy, "you know when he's coming" type of chainsaw guy who is just nye-on inviscible!!!!! Wow... that starts making the gameplay quite in depth as you don't know what type of thing you're up against.

Finally, i've got to explain why I have an obsession with the idea of first person in this game. Anyone ever see that movie Dog Soldiers, about the soldiers who fight a bunch of warewolves. You know that bit where the one guy goes at the warewolves with his fists before getting his ass kicked. I'm just thinking how awesome would it be, after be corned by some monster to go nuts on him with your fists (Revo controller), even though you know your number is up. Well at least that what I think.

That’s ok you don’t have to be sorry. I hope I didn’t come off as being a jerk. Your idea about unoffensive objects is great. The game can have both a flash light and a torch. You can use a flash light, but the flash light can have a certain amount of battery life. If the batteries go dead, then you can make a torch. You don’t want to use the flash light all the time, you want to conserve the battery life, and the light from the flash light or torch can show the killer where you are. You can always find some batteries (some might be almost dead). To make a torch you can break a leg off a chair or find a stick in the forest, find some gas, a lighter and a rag to wrap around the stick. The game can have at least have two or three walkie-talkies. I had the same idea about finding certain object depending on the location.

Shed: Axe, Shovel, Hammer, Screw driver, Chainsaw, pipe ect

Forest: Rocks, Sticks

Rooms: Chairs (bash a chair over the killers head)

Kitchen: Knifes, Pots & Pans, Chairs, ect

Living Room: Chairs

Supply Room: Bow & Arrow (for teaching archery at summer camps)

If you think about it, almost any thing can be used as a weapon. In an online game you can kill the people any way you want (I have not figured out the single play mode yet). You can be the silent lunatic type. Or a noisy Texas chainsaw maniac, what ever turns you on. Dog Soldiers was a very cool movie (I’m a big horror buff). Like I said you can switch from the 3rd person view and the 1st person view at any time. What ever makes the player happy.

Dunno if this has been mentioned yet but what about if the first person bits were like DOOM the movie, more specifically the bit were hes fighting the wheelchair guy with the cahinsaw, as I found myself strangly imeresed in that film during the FPS section. Just imagine it an unarmed teenager you use the revmote to look around in FPS mode not knowing whats around the next corner desperatly trying to find a knife orchainsaw etc to vicously slash at whatever pops out and to add a bit of shock someof these things popping out from around corners could be allies testing your reactions in tense situations.

To start the chainsaw you Have to hold down the "A" button, and use the revmote in a pull back motion (you might have to repeat this untill it starts up), then you can push the "A" button to rev it up. To use the bow & arrow you hold down the "A" button, pull back the revmote, aim and release the "A" button.

I think Nintendo underestimates the power of blood and gore. Or at least, making things scary.

blood & gore doesn't do much for me, but i do like scary games and you don't nessery need blood splating every where to do it. i like games that really get your hard going like aliens vs predator on the pc hearing the rader start to beep then beep faster and faster and faster while your looking arround emptying rounds trying to hit something then the alien pops out of nowhere.

blood & gore doesn't do much for me, but i do like scary games and you don't nessery need blood splating every where to do it. i like games that really get your hard going like aliens vs predator on the pc hearing the rader start to beep then beep faster and faster and faster while your looking arround emptying rounds trying to hit something then the alien pops out of nowhere.

I like blood & gore to a certain level. To much gore is stupid (Mortal Kombat). Most of my favorite horror movies have little or no blood & gore. Suspense is what makes a great horror game.