N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Guest Stefkov
Urgh, i'm about to rip my fucking face off over this game.

On level 11, with three minutes left, meaning i can't get the save the princess achievement, which is bull shit.

Problems with the game:

• The combat is fucking stupid as hell, its unpredictable. Sometimes the AI will give you a hell of a going over, other times they just stand there and take hit after hit.

• The controls are bafflingly unresponsive and basically clunky.

• The game likes to trick you and piss you off.

• When you hit a checkpoint, it saves the time, but it doesn't go back to that time every time you die and respawn at the check point.

I'm on level 11, fucking pissed off and i may never return to that game.

I'm already over the time limit, I started level 12 with no time left. I just wanna get it over and done with then get the save the princess achievement later.

The battling realy is as you said. One time you can land about 4 blows in a row, he won't do anything. Come ack and have another go you can't and a single hit.

And the checkpoints are annoying like you said. It's meant to save the progress yet it doesnt give you your time back. However I do understand this concept. Just don't die as much...

So I got the save the princess achievement even though I ran out of time 3 levels before the end...

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Release Notes

* New Achievements added! Eight new achievements worth a total of 250 points created for playing Annex and the Hidden Fronts Multiplayer Map Pack

* Improved Roadie Run to reduce getting snagged on cover

* Tweaked up the amount of damage done by the Lancer Assault Rifle in multiplayer

* Fixed split-screen players interrupting the other player’s actions when they die

* Stopped Annex scoring whenever a “Connection Error” dialog box is displayed

* Reduced the duration that corpses remain visible when hosting an Annex match

* Reduced the range of possible Annex bleed-out times selectable by host

* Addressed a number of multiplayer exploits

* Addressed other general housekeeping

Achievement Details

Name Description Value

"THIS! IS! ANNEX!" Complete 100 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in Annex and capture 3 objectives in each match

40GS

"Inconceivable!" Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by fewer than 5 points

30 GS

"Nub Pwn3r" Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by shutting out the opposing team

30 GS

"You Down With E.P.I.C?" Win a multiplayer match of 3+ rounds in any game type on 6 different downloadable maps

30GS

"Green Thumb" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Garden multiplayer map

30 GS

"Mind the Gap" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Subway multiplayer map

30 GS

"All That Juice" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Process multiplayer map

30 GS

"Purdy Mouth" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Bullet Marsh multiplayer map

30 GS

I like the 300 reference but I'm not too sure on the other annex ones.

The Lancer tweak, the annex achievements, and the general exploit fixes are all very good things in my book. :bowdown:

Hopefully the exploits that are fixed includes the chainsaw bug. If you haven't seen it, it allows you to run around with another weapon out, but it chainsaws people. It's annoying. :(

Hopefully they've also fixed the reverse Roadie Run glitch too, which allows you to Roadie Run backwards, or Roadie Run and shoot. Very annoying when the opponent has a shotgun out. :nono:

Still, good news about the patch in general, it was about time. A mate of mine who's pet-peeve was that the Lancer was too weak is going to be happy, and I also feel it's going to make it a bit easier to suppress people.

Release Notes

* New Achievements added! Eight new achievements worth a total of 250 points created for playing Annex and the Hidden Fronts Multiplayer Map Pack

* Improved Roadie Run to reduce getting snagged on cover

* Tweaked up the amount of damage done by the Lancer Assault Rifle in multiplayer

* Fixed split-screen players interrupting the other player’s actions when they die

* Stopped Annex scoring whenever a “Connection Error†dialog box is displayed

* Reduced the duration that corpses remain visible when hosting an Annex match

* Reduced the range of possible Annex bleed-out times selectable by host

* Addressed a number of multiplayer exploits

* Addressed other general housekeeping

Achievement Details

Name Description Value

"THIS! IS! ANNEX!" Complete 100 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in Annex and capture 3 objectives in each match

40GS

"Inconceivable!" Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by fewer than 5 points

30 GS

"Nub Pwn3r" Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by shutting out the opposing team

30 GS

"You Down With E.P.I.C?" Win a multiplayer match of 3+ rounds in any game type on 6 different downloadable maps

30GS

"Green Thumb" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Garden multiplayer map

30 GS

"Mind the Gap" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Subway multiplayer map

30 GS

"All That Juice" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Process multiplayer map

30 GS

"Purdy Mouth" Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Bullet Marsh multiplayer map

30 GS

I like the 300 reference but I'm not too sure on the other annex ones.

Sounds great but does this mean that the kills in Annex will start counting towards the 10,000 kills achievement? I hope it does.

Guest Stefkov

I like the sound of the new update.

The game is getting a bit boring now, just bought the new maps aswell and it did add a bit of life to the game but it's getting repetitive.

I need a new fun game.

Guest Jordan

Can someone help me get the baggage carrier off the oil rig? Its the last car i need for the impound achievement :(

Guest Stefkov
Can someone help me get the baggage carrier off the oil rig? Its the last car i need for the impound achievement :(

I thought you said you got that achievement?

Theres an easier way, however you gots to get all the gangs back on. We could do it cos I put the gangs back on?

Guest Jordan
I thought you said you got that achievement?

Theres an easier way, however you gots to get all the gangs back on. We could do it cos I put the gangs back on?

Sure, i'll do that. Fancy helping me now? :D

EDIT: Technically, couldn't you just take out one from your garage and then let me drive it in?

Guest Stefkov

Hmmm, yeah I think so. My connections been playing up though so if it doesnt connect then I will post here how to get it.

Guest Jordan

DiRT is amazing.

Its so tense and suspenseful the entire time.

If you're a fan of racers, if you just like games where you're shitting yourself practically the whole time, buy this game.

Every aspect of it (Rally, uphill climb, rally cross, dirt racing) has a totally different feel and to be honest, the PS3 version is missing alot not having the rumble there.

DiRT is amazing.

Its so tense and suspenseful the entire time.

If you're a fan of racers, if you just like games where you're shitting yourself practically the whole time, buy this game.

Every aspect of it (Rally, uphill climb, rally cross, dirt racing) has a totally different feel and to be honest, the PS3 version is missing alot not having the rumble there.

How does it compare to the demo? I think i'll most likely get it but it wont be until next week at the earliest because I'm too poor.

Guest Jordan
I think its on now.

Jordan, how does the Demo of Project whatever its called play? Im on downloading it now.

Not fantastic. You get a sense of 'What the fuck is actually going on?'.

How does it compare to the demo? I think i'll most likely get it but it wont be until next week at the earliest because I'm too poor.

You're not thrown in the deep end like you are with the demo, you can actually progess much easier since you can get to grips with the controls on the slower cars.