N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

I still need to finish Dead Rising. I really like it in places, but I hate it in others. The save system is fucking terrible, but the game for the most part is a lot of fun. I've spent hours and hours getting my character to level 30 and getting that 54,000 zombies killed achievement. Want to finish it for the story mainly.

Its not that it is terrible or broken, it is just implemented as a frustrating game mechanic. It is not that it doesn't work as it does, it creates a sense of survivalism. It is just frustrating to lose progress made.

Agreed. However some of the achievements are quite easy. Might go through it. Still need 20 ish more points by today evening.

You like achievements too much. You agree that the game is flawed or bad yet you still like it because the achievements are easy. :shakehead Play games for what they are, entertainment, not to boost a score, your metaphorical internet penis, if you will.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stefkov
You like achievements too much. You agree that the game is flawed or bad yet you still like it because the achievements are easy. :shakehead Play games for what they are, entertainment, not to boost a score, your metaphorical internet penis, if you will.

You got me all wrong, I only want 20 points. I'm not a whore like some people ¬.¬, who rent games to get points. This is a measly 20 points.

I havn't ever spoken about getting points until I get up to the next barrier where I think awesome I'll try and get there.

Like now, it's the 8000 barrier.

Not to sound like a dickhead but I don't care what you say, I just want to get to the next barrier.

I will play a game for entertainment. If there's something else to achieve in the game then I will go and play the game to achieve that something else.

Its not that it is terrible or broken, it is just implemented as a frustrating game mechanic. It is not that it doesn't work as it does, it creates a sense of survivalism. It is just frustrating to lose progress made.

Never thought of it like that before. I suppose it does create a sense of survivalism (is that a word?), but it's still incredibly annoying to save and not be able to get to the next case and have to restart the game again.

You got me all wrong, I only want 20 points. I'm not a whore like some people ¬.¬, who rent games to get points. This is a measly 20 points.

I havn't ever spoken about getting points until I get up to the next barrier where I think awesome I'll try and get there.

Like now, it's the 8000 barrier.

Not to sound like a dickhead but I don't care what you say, I just want to get to the next barrier.

I will play a game for entertainment. If there's something else to achieve in the game then I will go and play the game to achieve that something else.

Oh god, the achievements discussion again. I'm with Stefkov on this one. If there's something in a game that I could go back and try and do I'll do it. Achievements are fun and make a game that I would normally spend 5 minutes with (Crackdown for example) a great game that I spent 20-30 hours with.

*Runs off to play King Kong*

I need to buy a new game, something as big and with as much replay value as crackdown, any suggestions?

Hmmm. I can recommend Kameo as its dirt cheap now and I personally think its a fantastic game. Others to go for are Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Rainbow Six, GRAW 1+2 and Dead Rising.

I was thinking about oblivion, my little sister loves it which i find weird as its the only 3D game shes ever liked. I might have to bite the bullet and get gears so i can show you all how bad i am at games like that :P Is C&C3 worth a perchace? Like is it ok to play without a mouse?

Guest Stefkov

It wasn't a dig just at you HoT...:hehe:

If you want to get achievements it's your own decision, I just got over the 8000 mark so you wont hear anything about gamerpoints for a while from me.

You'll her about achievements, but not the points.

@thirtynine = Oblivion.

Oh god, the achievements discussion again. I'm with Stefkov on this one. If there's something in a game that I could go back and try and do I'll do it. Achievements are fun and make a game that I would normally spend 5 minutes with (Crackdown for example) a great game that I spent 20-30 hours with.

*Runs off to play King Kong*

A good point. King Kong lol.

It's not the points system I have a problem with, its a good system that gives longitivity to games. Its the abuse of the system that is so lame. No names will be named, but people who rent/buy games purely for the purpose of getting 1000 points. Its a sad state when you rent Brother Bear. :indeed:

Anyway, nope, not a fun point of discussion and people don't like being called out for renting Brother Bear (lol)

I suppose it does create a sense of survivalism (is that a word?),

Irrelevant. Making up words is fun. Also Survivalism is a Nine Inch Nails song.

Guest Stefkov

Um I just posted in the Gears thread that I will, my brother asked if I wanted to throw a ball around outside later when he's done something so I dont know what time it'll be. When the time comes I'll work out what to do.

Wierd I got the 'Domination' achievement, when playing with my brother, however I clearly havnt played 10 Acts with Dom. I've done Casual and Hardcore as Marcus. Played with Takeo on the first Act as Dom, got that achievement then...that's it.

been playing blue dragon for 5 hours solid! It is a great game!!

I mean this in the nicest way...I hate you!:heh:

Where did you get it from? Is it completely in English? Does it have english subtitles with Japanese voice overs? Is the PAL version going to have anything your version doesn't??: peace:

Guest Stefkov
My points are slowly rising.

God i love Shadowrun, totally up my street :)

points whore points whore points whore.

I joke.

I mean this in the nicest way...I hate you!:heh:

Where did you get it from? Is it completely in English? Does it have english subtitles with Japanese voice overs? Is the PAL version going to have anything your version doesn't??: peace:

complete English subtitles and menu's with Japanese voices. first hour or so I wasn't really into this game but yesterday I must of played 10 hours in game time. was up till 01:30 and finished Disc 1. The game is beautiful to look at on HDTV and even SDTV. Wanna try and finish the game before trusty bell is released later this month.

I have heard the PAL release is not gonna have Japanese's speech. not sure how true that is though.

got mine from play-asia. hopefully the Asian release of trusty bell will be region free so you lot can get that!