N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Just look after your 360 and all will be fine.

*Is still on his first one from launch* :)

If that was true then mine wouldn't have broken last week. Kept stationary the entire time I had it and frequently dusted.

On that subject, should I try saving myself some money and buying the DVD drive and installing it myself? Could put a blaster360 in there while im at it but I don't know what the 360 homebrew is like right now.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Customer service is good, never took more than a week to replace any of my 360s, and the failure rate is vastly exaggerated, the one I'm using has been going now for getting on for ten months without any problem whatsoever.

No offence mate but thats bad.

For that price it should NEVER break down, never mind multiple times and 10 months working fine isnt encouraging either.

Like I said no offence its more a pop at manufacturers, problems shouldnt be so widespread that having a console that has been working 10 months is an achievement!!!

:)

For that price it should NEVER break down, never mind multiple times and 10 months working fine isnt encouraging either.

Like I said no offence its more a pop at manufacturers, problems shouldnt be so widespread that having a console that has been working 10 months is an achievement!!!

There are always problems with new technology. I would actually say that the fact that he's had no problems since the initial ones is actually encouraging.

Was in my local Gamestation today, holy crap did they have one hell of a deal on!

Gears Of War

Crackdown

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007

PGR3

Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged

Extra Wireless Controller

Xbox 360 Premium Pack

£304.99!

Limited offer though so probs only gonna be on for a few days.

Works out at a very cheap spare 360 too if you wanted these games. Take the price of the games, controllers, cables, power supply and HDD off then you are getting a spare 360 for £10! (based on new price for games + controllers and avforums prices for hdd, power supply, hd cable)

Was in my local Gamestation today, holy crap did they have one hell of a deal on!

Gears Of War

Crackdown

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007

PGR3

Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged

Extra Wireless Controller

Xbox 360 Premium Pack

£304.99!

Limited offer though so probs only gonna be on for a few days.

Whoa... Thats an awesome deal!

What does that involve? If it breaks down, the GPU malfunctions, or if the red lights appear will that be covered?

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated. :)

Yeah it covers manufacturers and accidental damage for all three years. If theres a man. fault in the first year its swapped in store, after that, and if its accidental (including dropping, urinating on and throwing the controller through the wall as has been suggested) at any point during the three years, its sent off for free and returned within seven days.

Can PM me if you want to know more. People tend to blah blah blah me if I mention work ::shrug:

It's bad that MS customer support replaced the faulty units quickly with minimal inconvenience to me?

It's bad that I got an extra 360 and 3 games for putting up with a couple of weeks inconvenience?

If it didn't break down I wouldn't have got all that stuff for free, and now I've got a reliable 360, plus a spare in case anything happens to this one after the warranty has expired.

It's probably my fault the first couple of 360s fucked up anyway, had the first ones upright but since I've put it vertical haven't had a problem.

So, MS customer support fixed problems that I probably caused myself, for free, compensated me nicely and I've got a reliable working console, that's not what I'd call bad.

It's bad that MS customer support replaced the faulty units quickly with minimal inconvenience to me?

It's bad that I got an extra 360 and 3 games for putting up with a couple of weeks inconvenience?

If it didn't break down I wouldn't have got all that stuff for free, and now I've got a reliable 360, plus a spare in case anything happens to this one after the warranty has expired.

It's probably my fault the first couple of 360s fucked up anyway, had the first ones upright but since I've put it vertical haven't had a problem.

So, MS customer support fixed problems that I probably caused myself, for free, compensated me nicely and I've got a reliable working console, that's not what I'd call bad.

Seriusly mate it wasnt a dig at you in any way at all I just think its a disgrace the amount of problems and faults that the 360 has, MS has been making computers for YEARS yet they still make mistakes, sure they are new to the game and whatever but id imagine they have the know how and certainly the finance to make a reliable machine not one that Ill have to get onto support and pay for their problems!

And all that inconvienece yeah Id call that bad, because Im not buying a console to get freebies down the line, Im buying a console to play games on if and when I choose to.

If it came to having a reliable system V numerous free systems Id certainly choose the prior.

Yeah it covers manufacturers and accidental damage for all three years. If theres a man. fault in the first year its swapped in store, after that, and if its accidental (including dropping, urinating on and throwing the controller through the wall as has been suggested) at any point during the three years, its sent off for free and returned within seven days.

Can PM me if you want to know more. People tend to blah blah blah me if I mention work ::shrug:

Can you take the policy after you buy the console? £30 is well worth it for peace of mind. Im guessing i wont be covered if i put a custom case on though?

Nothing beats the deal that I saw in BlockBuster:

Premium

Gears of War

Crackdown

GRAW2

All for £300!!!

For and extra £20 you also get another Wireless Controller.

Ooo i saw that exact same deal at Gamestation. Fucking awesome deal!

Guest Jordan
I didn't realise just how much I utterly suck at Virtua Tennis until I went online. I tend to just be diving all over the place.

If you have people that constantly play net, stand way back, behind the baseline and just constantly use hard shots and over the head shots, that usually gets 'em.

Seriusly mate it wasnt a dig at you in any way at all I just think its a disgrace the amount of problems and faults that the 360 has, MS has been making computers for YEARS yet they still make mistakes, sure they are new to the game and whatever but id imagine they have the know how and certainly the finance to make a reliable machine not one that Ill have to get onto support and pay for their problems!

And all that inconvienece yeah Id call that bad, because Im not buying a console to get freebies down the line, Im buying a console to play games on if and when I choose to.

If it came to having a reliable system V numerous free systems Id certainly choose the prior.

Affraid not matey, MS are at heart a software company, not a computer hardware manufacturer

Guest Jordan
Affraid not matey, MS are at heart a software company, not a computer hardware manufacturer

For once, he's right.

For once, he's right.

He still spelt afraid wrong :p

If you have people that constantly play net, stand way back, behind the baseline and just constantly use hard shots and over the head shots, that usually gets 'em.

How do you do an over the head shot?Is it just pressing Y to lob? Because whenever I do that I always lose a point by a smash. Whats the best way to do that?

Guest Jordan
He still spelt afraid wrong :p

How do you do an over the head shot?Is it just pressing Y to lob? Because whenever I do that I always lose a point by a smash. Whats the best way to do that?

Right, i think this should work. If they're literally right against the net, just a quick lob and they'll not have chance of runnign back to get it.

If they're far enough to smash it, try a drop shot straight to them (press down for a second, then A i think) and they will have to duck down to get it, then you can smash it back to them without any chance of them getting to it.