N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay, Crackdowns being picked and sent out today. Can't wait until tomorrow.

HD DVD looks really good so far. Maybe a little slow in starting the disc, and bringing up menus, and when you try to skip through a film its slightly sluggish, but the picture is fantastic. Not worth £1000 but for £130 it was well worth it.

Single player crackdown is really... bad...

Don't get this unless it's for the H3 beta or for co-op play.

Saints row has a much better single player experience.

Really? I thought single player crackdown was fantastic. It was only the demo however, but collecting orbs and hunting down gang members was very very addictive and fun. Im probably going to get this soon. I got DOA4 today, its...meh.

Really? I thought single player crackdown was fantastic. It was only the demo however, but collecting orbs and hunting down gang members was very very addictive and fun. Im probably going to get this soon. I got DOA4 today, its...meh.

The crack down demo is better than the full game :P

You have to do much more to level up. and collecting orbs isn't that fun when you need about 300 to get to level 4. The game is soul less. You have a big town and just jump around killing people, no real story. the game feels empty. But I'm sure co-op will fix this empty felling i get when playing it alone.

It's all well and good having a high player count for online games, but the more players a game supports the quicker any sort of team play goes out of the window. Switch was citing 75 vs 75 player matches, where's the team work there, there's no way you can know what everybody is doing. Personally I feel the absolute limit for a good team game is 8 vs 8 and even that is a bit much.

Exactly, it is carnage lol!

Teamwork in those games does happen though, its just defined by 'everybody beat on point A' rather than 'bob, you go A. im going b'. It does work surprisingly well!

You also get a good sense of you're flanks being secure if theres 20 men to either side of you. In small games on the other hand you're flank could be down to 1 guy, him dying to a sniper isnt a great deal of warning (if the sniper is any good its probably about 2 seconds warning tops)

I'm so fucked off. 360 crashed yet again, this time while playing DOA. If I don't like Crackdown then I'm going to send the bag of shit off to get replaced.

I thought it was too good to be true that I had something from Microsoft that actually worked...

Absolute shit. Crashed playing Burnout. Then I switched it off and then on again and it crashed within 2 seconds. Should have just stuck with Nintendo.

LMAO, totally gone now, every time I switch it on it crashes on the 360 logo. Took the hard drive off and it still happens. Unplugged everything, still happens.

Still no red lights though.

Phoned Microsoft and after 20 minutes on hold, I got through to someone who I could barely understand, who just went through a list of things to do before he'd let me just send off the console.

Clearing system cache and removing the hard drive didn't work (I'd done both already) and then he told me I have to find a box (FIND not get given...), and print off a label and phone a currier.

15 working days until I get it back. Great.

Shut-up all you 4v4 haters. This game is MADE for 4v4, the graphics can handle 4v4, because Ut3 is comming to 360 and has the same graphics as Gears and is probably gonna have atleast 16 players.

Gears is suited so well to 4v4, if there were 16 players there would be no skill and no point for the cover mechanic, it would be a run n gun... Plus the maps aren't even all that big enough for more people. 4v4 is PERFECT for this game..

lol, no you shut up.

perfect for the game, not perfect for me. Find it very boring.

Phoned Microsoft and after 20 minutes on hold, I got through to someone who I could barely understand, who just went through a list of things to do before he'd let me just send off the console.

Clearing system cache and removing the hard drive didn't work (I'd done both already) and then he told me I have to find a box (FIND not get given...), and print off a label and phone a currier.

15 working days until I get it back. Great.

Sounds like MS customer support have gone well downhill, never took more than a week to get any of mine replaced, and that was including the time it took them to send me a box.

Sounds like MS customer support have gone well downhill, never took more than a week to get any of mine replaced, and that was including the time it took them to send me a box.

Was that the first, second or third time? The bloke couldn't even understand my name. He thought my surname was Hinson, FFS.

I've just switched it on and it worked... Put PGR3 in, worked fine, played a few races, no crashing, popped the guide screen up a few times during loading, again no problems.

Still no email from that Microsoft support guy though.Clearly clueless. I'm gonna continue to test it while I wait and if it happens again then I'll phone again and complain at the lack of service.

With no red lights could it just be a case of over heating? I know I'm clinging to basically no hope, but I can't understand how I'm having problems with no red lights.

Was that the first, second or third time?

All three.

The bloke couldn't even understand my name. He thought my surname was Hinson, FFS.

I've just switched it on and it worked... Put PGR3 in, worked fine, played a few races, no crashing, popped the guide screen up a few times during loading, again no problems.

Still no email from that Microsoft support guy though.Clearly clueless. I'm gonna continue to test it while I wait and if it happens again then I'll phone again and complain at the lack of service.

With no red lights could it just be a case of over heating? I know I'm clinging to basically no hope, but I can't understand how I'm having problems with no red lights.

Sometimes happens as a one off, you might get lucky.

Unlikely, it has happened a couple of times this week. I'm mostly annoyed because Crackdown is coming tomorrow, and I've got 2 HD DVDs to watch as well and I don't fancy waiting 3 weeks for them. Not to mention this is my week off work...

Doubt it'll actually take 3 weeks, they just say that to cover themselves in case of delays. If a first class letter isn't delivered within 3 days royal mail tell you you have to allow 15 days before it is officially lost.

Crackdown demo > Crackdown the game

And here is why

Demo:

Small part of city. Most of the demo time is used leveling up.

You level up quickly and it's fun to look for the orbs and kill enemies and see how your skills evolve. The demo ends quick and you wish you could level up all your skills and explore more.

Game:

God size city. Leveling up takes it time. Leveling agility from 2star to 3star takes about 100 orbs. and I'm sure I need about 200 to level up to level 4.

Leveling up shooting and strength also takes it time. you probably have to take out way over 1000 just upgrade to level 3. Exploring the city is a bit fun.

But it's more like saints row/ GTA without the missions. The only "Story" this game has is to kill some persons that are specific places. I can understand the fun when playing co-op. But when playing single player it feels very empty. I give the single player a 7/10. Hope they release the H3 beta soon. Co-op should be fun though.

Myself and a mate of mine are getting Crackdown on friday for some co-op action. Have you finished the game yet? Apparently its very short.

played it for about 2hours and I'm done with what looks like one third of the game. So that would make the game about 6 hours long, same length as GOW.

Annoyingly, my 360 crashed while i was on Burnout, and more annoyingly I'd crashed myself in it, so when the thing froze I as there with the 360 mocking me with 'CRASHED' in big letters on the screen. Bastard.

*Switches on Wii*

Well i got my 360 yesterday, and it has already rendered my DOA4 disc unplayable by scratching it. So I'm with you on this one.