N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Guest Stefkov

Saw an advert in cinema today. It has games boxes. All laying down. They all start moving. moving moving movinm flying flying. Then they all come together grdually to form a 360.

I was like, ok wow. GoW advert was on a couple seconds before.

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw an advert in cinema today. It has games boxes. All laying down. They all start moving. moving moving movinm flying flying. Then they all come together grdually to form a 360.

I was like, ok wow. GoW advert was on a couple seconds before.

That ads on the telly loads, seen it dozens of times.

You get loads of 360 ads on after midnight.

HMV have sent Gears of War and the Controller.. seperately. The console says complete and will be sent in accordance to selected shipment, so hopefully it will get sent tomorrow and arrive saturday or monday. Pro Evo is yet to be picked, so I might order the Live card tomorrow.

on a mission now where have to record a meeting and where better then working your way down the side of a building (beautiful graphics if look down at shanghai) then had to avoid a search light of a helicopter while edging around looking for a way into the building...which comes into the shape of a guy looking out the window for me so grabbed him and chucked him out (while i look at his body fall hundreds of feet)

ACE GAME..love splinter cell games :yay:

That sounds cool. I wish I wasn't so rubbish at it.:weep:

Guest Stefkov

Got Viva Pinata today. Its awesome. Is that little enclosure all you take control of? Looking at videos its a lot bigger, so i'm guessing later on you inherit lager areas.

Plus I made like an army of Whirlms, all with names starting with w, as you do. Wally, Waldo, Wesley, Warhol, Wanda. Its fun to name them.

oblivion arrived today :D

havent been on it yet as i have been out all day and only just got back...aving tea soon then prob ave a little go before going to pub

Cool, it's a bit hard to get to grips with the menus I found at first, but it's an excellent game. Took me a couple of months before I sat down with it and really played through it.

Got Viva Pinata today. Its awesome. Is that little enclosure all you take control of? Looking at videos its a lot bigger, so i'm guessing later on you inherit lager areas.

Plus I made like an army of Whirlms, all with names starting with w, as you do. Wally, Waldo, Wesley, Warhol, Wanda. Its fun to name them.

Yay, more Viva players. Yeah it does get bigger the more you level up, I've currently got quite a big garden (I think as big as it gets). And in case you didn't know, you can have more than one garden which shares the same cash, and achievements, so like you can become a master romancer in one garden with 2 species and 3 in another to get the achievement.

I wish I could talk about Viva Pinata in real life...

When you're playing Live with people who are so much better than you it is soooo frustrating. I mean I'll admit I'm crap at games, but when people are hardcore players they kick your ass in seconds.

Fish UK, you're too good.

Wonderful, after playing half an hour of a 1st to 15 match, the network says your connection has dropped significantly. Thanks for that.

And now I've just killed someone and then couldn't move. So. Very. Angry.

Edit x 100: I'm in a game with someone with a really high pitched american voice saying "is anyone talking a girl?". Kill me, really.

Woolies are flogging original Xbox games at the moment. I just picked up Hitman: Blood Money, Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, Far Cry Instincts: Evolved and Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood for a little over a tenner.

Linkage if anyone wants a look: Linkage

Cheers for that mate, I might have to check out some of those games. Interested in Forza definitely. Anyone recommend any of those games? Is The Sims 2 any good on Xbox?

Actually most of the games I looked and thought I'd get aren't compatible on 360. : (

Guest Stefkov
Yay, more Viva players. Yeah it does get bigger the more you level up, I've currently got quite a big garden (I think as big as it gets). And in case you didn't know, you can have more than one garden which shares the same cash, and achievements, so like you can become a master romancer in one garden with 2 species and 3 in another to get the achievement.

I wish I could talk about Viva Pinata in real life...

ah cool, I htink I'm level 8 now. How do you get animals to stay at your garden?

I've seen those things that eat my Tafflys running around, so i keep hitting them on the head, thye are black and white still but they wont stay at my garden...

I havnt seen a mousemallow in ages, maybe thats cos my first sake one ate him, but ive yet to see antoher one.

They're probably eating your tafflys cus thats what they have to do to stay in your garden :p

If you press Y it'll come up with a screen saying what has to happen for them to stay in your garden. Thats the same screen as what it takes for them to do the romance dance.

The hardest thing I find is attracting them in the first place. You have to be a bit creative in thinking what they might like. For instance, some of them like long grass or water. I'm not sure if you'll have things to get those things in there atm though.

Oh and they stay black and white until they're in the garden, once they're residents they turn colour.

How do I obtain my free month xbox live gold membership.

I got my 360 this morning (though my games haven't arrived yet, stupid hmv). And I'm setting up live and the only options are a free silver or ones I have to pay for. I intend to buy a card off the cheapest site, but you know you want to take advantage of the perks.

Edit - Scrap that, had I only had the balls to continue. Sorted.

Think I'll buy a game in Asda later, can't leave it on its own until tuesday.

I got my 360 this morning (though my games haven't arrived yet, stupid hmv). And I'm setting up live and the only options are a free silver or ones I have to pay for. I intend to buy a card off the cheapest site, but you know you want to take advantage of the perks.

Download Marble Blast Ultra from the Arcade. Best 360 game out other than GoW. :)

Woolies are flogging original Xbox games at the moment. I just picked up Hitman: Blood Money, Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow, Far Cry Instincts: Evolved and Brothers In Arms: Earned In Blood for a little over a tenner.

Linkage if anyone wants a look: Linkage

Can you still add games to your cart? When I click them it just comes up with a blank white page. I take it they are sold out then if nobody else can?

:santa: Yeah you can't have a 360 and no games. I'd recommend Viva Pinata, Oblivion, or PGR3. Whats your gamertag then?

I ordered an Xbox 360 entertainment pack with GOW and PES 6 from Play on Wednesday, after deciding the Wii just doesnt seem to be worth the wait at the moment and also the range of games available on the 360 is amazing. However my order status has being "packing" for the last 3 days, which im guessing means it hasnt been dispatched yet, which is vastly frustrating as I was hoping to have it in time for new years day.

Can Anyone shed any light on the matter? Does anyone have idea when I'll actually recieve my order?

I've decided that on Tuesday I'm ordering a XBox 360 + GoW + Table Tennis + PGR3 + Viva Pinata! Do you think thats a good selection? When really hooked me was the online aspect so I was wondering do these games do XBox live justice? Any advice?

:santa: Yeah you can't have a 360 and no games. I'd recommend Viva Pinata, Oblivion, or PGR3. Whats your gamertag then?

Bought Rainbow Six Vegas in the end, played a bit, but its kind of dark, at some points I can barely see. :( Wishing I got a HD tv now not just an LCD tv for Christmas.

My Gamertag is RamarZord, some person stole Ramar. :(

Edit - Adjusted the in game brightness, and its good now. Still thinking of buying either RGB cable or S-Video. Composite just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

Bought Rainbow Six Vegas in the end, played a bit, but its kind of dark, at some points I can barely see. :( Wishing I got a HD tv now not just an LCD tv for Christmas.

My Gamertag is RamarZord, some person stole Ramar. :(

Edit - Adjusted the in game brightness, and its good now. Still thinking of buying either RGB cable or S-Video. Composite just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

No gears?!