Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

At least you did better than one of my mates who was there, he averaged about 2 kills per game lol. Bless Takeo aswell, he was so happy that he didnt come last.

:D i was ookay at the smaller enclosed ones, i hate that 'lockout' or somat one we played on unless its in a team game.

Team Slayer or CTF is more my thing.

i'm looking foreward to playing some good poker and maybe halo later, anyone care to join?

BTW Takeo I want one for when I'm at Uni - plus as well I checked it out Game and they have said recently te amount of problems with 360 that they have been told have been going down to newer technique processes used on the production line. Anywho does no one play PGR3, or top spin 2, DOA4

well durr, as a console gets further from launch minor improvements are made so the stability etc of the console increases :p

anywho, people still play DOA4, i have no problems getting a game, but winning a few is a different matter lol

PGR3 seems quite popular, and isnt it getting packaged with the Wireless Wheel and peddles? if so there will be a resurgance.

My room at Uni better have an ethernet port if so, wireless gaming heaven mwahahahahaaaaaa DS Lite, Wii, Laptop and 360 *drools*

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rokhed, you've had problems before. What do they do with the hard drive?

Varies, you send them whatever they ask for ,usually just the console and hard drive, sometimes just the console. You can keep hold of the hard drive if you can convince whoevers on the phone that it's not a problem with the hard drive.

You don't send the hard drive, just the console.

They usually ask for it to be returned,

I'm at work, soo plz write a small hands-on on the new 360 demos :)

Just Cause seems very good from the demo the graphics are very good there is a bit of pop ups but that is understandable with the ammount of foliage also the controls are good when you get used to them and the vehicles handle well.After you have done the first objective you can free roam in quite a big area if you dont want to do the next objective you will also get chased by the police as your wanted level increases overall a pretty good demo i will probably get this game now when it comes out.

i hate that 'lockout'
Heathen! Lockout is the best map, slightly ahead of Zanzibar.

Regarding the poker, I enjoyed taking cash off CVD, Arragaun and Jordan last night.. as well as eventually taking cash off Yamcha, who I hereby dub the "Bastard King of Lucky Hands".

Dead Rising Causing Xbox 360s to Fail?

Is the Xbox 360 failure rate higher than we think? One employee of a leading publisher believes so, and he also thinks that Capcom's recent release of Dead Rising is contributing to the problem. More within...

GameDaily BIZ was tipped off today by an employee of a major publisher (he wished to keep his name and company anonymous) who claims that the Xbox 360 failure rate—at least within this particular publisher's studio—has been much higher than Microsoft has stated failure rates to be.

"[We] got about 300 or so consoles to sell to us for the 360 launch - and I can tell you that from those consoles A LOT more than 5-6% of them have completely died (an informal poll comes closer to 30-50%)," the industry source said.

More interesting still was that this person witnessed even more 360 units fail when people started playing Capcom's Dead Rising around the offices.

"... it seems to center around the release of Dead Rising. The rumor no one can quite confirm right now, is that DR is one of the first games to use the Dual-Core [processors] and thus gets the machine hotter than any other games released so far," he explained.

For Capcom's part, the company doesn't seem to claim any responsibility for the apparent overheating issue. A spokesperson told us, "The game works under the specs of the 360 system and was approved by Microsoft. For anyone having issues with hardware, we have referred them to contact Microsoft for hardware support." (Capcom did not confirm at the time whether or not Dead Rising does indeed use the Dual-Core, or if this is the reason for the problem.)

After explaining the Dead Rising situation, the source then went on to further complain about the failure rate for the console and customer service at MS. "Upon investigating this online, I have discovered that over in the states they (MS) are beginning to charge people $130 to have their machines repaired if they go over the 3 mo warranty period. Some of us here at [company name removed] are on our 5th! console after returning it and burning out another and another and another. A quick calculation, and you can see that it won't take long to have your 360 costing you 2 and 3 times what the PS3 is planning on charging," he lamented. "Although they have not yet initiated that scheme here in the UK- it is still taking a month or more per exchange to ship and receive a new(refurb) console. But if it is true, that it is only just recently that games have come out that truly tax the console, that would seem like an unfair business practice to me."

GameDaily.BIZ

I'll play Hold'em, after you left last night I ended up playing 'LuckyIrishLad' and who ever else was still in the game for about two hours.

cool-be playing about 10pm again?

anyone else wanna join? just add me :p

Heathen! Lockout is the best map, slightly ahead of Zanzibar.

Regarding the poker, I enjoyed taking cash off CVD, Arragaun and Jordan last night.. as well as eventually taking cash off Yamcha, who I hereby dub the "Bastard King of Lucky Hands".

wish i was playing-would've left a virtually rich man :p

i like the creak level, and the one thats very dark and broody, and the one on like a conveyer belt. :S

Dead Rising Causing Xbox 360s to Fail?

Is the Xbox 360 failure rate higher than we think? One employee of a leading publisher believes so, and he also thinks that Capcom's recent release of Dead Rising is contributing to the problem. More within...

GameDaily BIZ was tipped off today by an employee of a major publisher (he wished to keep his name and company anonymous) who claims that the Xbox 360 failure rate—at least within this particular publisher's studio—has been much higher than Microsoft has stated failure rates to be.

"[We] got about 300 or so consoles to sell to us for the 360 launch - and I can tell you that from those consoles A LOT more than 5-6% of them have completely died (an informal poll comes closer to 30-50%)," the industry source said.

More interesting still was that this person witnessed even more 360 units fail when people started playing Capcom's Dead Rising around the offices.

"... it seems to center around the release of Dead Rising. The rumor no one can quite confirm right now, is that DR is one of the first games to use the Dual-Core [processors] and thus gets the machine hotter than any other games released so far," he explained.

For Capcom's part, the company doesn't seem to claim any responsibility for the apparent overheating issue. A spokesperson told us, "The game works under the specs of the 360 system and was approved by Microsoft. For anyone having issues with hardware, we have referred them to contact Microsoft for hardware support." (Capcom did not confirm at the time whether or not Dead Rising does indeed use the Dual-Core, or if this is the reason for the problem.)

After explaining the Dead Rising situation, the source then went on to further complain about the failure rate for the console and customer service at MS. "Upon investigating this online, I have discovered that over in the states they (MS) are beginning to charge people $130 to have their machines repaired if they go over the 3 mo warranty period. Some of us here at [company name removed] are on our 5th! console after returning it and burning out another and another and another. A quick calculation, and you can see that it won't take long to have your 360 costing you 2 and 3 times what the PS3 is planning on charging," he lamented. "Although they have not yet initiated that scheme here in the UK- it is still taking a month or more per exchange to ship and receive a new(refurb) console. But if it is true, that it is only just recently that games have come out that truly tax the console, that would seem like an unfair business practice to me."

GameDaily.BIZ

That's quite worrying really, makes me glad I have a spare 360.

Buy the intercooler it snaps on the back of the 360 and cools it down the second it goes on, personally I would of been thinking that it may of been that most of the games would have used 2 of the processors.

It may be just a guy at another company trying to make Dead Rising game down a notch so when they bring out Monster Madness they will sell more.

Buy the intercooler it snaps on the back of the 360 and cools it down the second it goes on, personally I would of been thinking that it may of been that most of the games would have used 2 of the processors.

It may be just a guy at another company trying to make Dead Rising game down a notch so when they bring out Monster Madness they will sell more.

where is this intercooler of which yonder 360 basher speaks?

I'm going to learn how to play it hopefully, then I'll play.

Also think I'm going to buy Burnout tomorrow, I'm already a bit bored of Ridge Racer 6, and not decided whether to trade it in or not. But I just don't get on with Condemned, so thats being taken into Gamestation. So hopefully, you'll get it soon so I can start kicking your arse at it ;-)

Decided to keep it as a spare, worth more to me that way.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=407358&source=Froogle

I hear it's very noisy and produces more heat than it reduces though.

To be fair I know people who own this and find it great, so there - especially it produces slightly more noise, but doesn't produce more heat. So do you want to play a 360 or not thats the question you must ask yourself

I'm going to learn how to play it hopefully, then I'll play.

well as long as you've downloaded it now, im gunna play a few hands with Mark Cullinane to teach him how to play in game so you can join if you want. tomorrow evening probs.

No, they replace it, you get Hexic and all the crappy videos and music, if they wiped it it'd be empty.

but all your games saves etc are gone?

transfer them to memory cards i suppose, you should be able to download all the live arcade games you have again anyway.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!