Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I played D-Day, I tried to go over the top of the battle for absolutely ages and just got ripped to pieces. Then, from the start of the level when you reach the top of the cliff, I explored a little to my right and found there to be lots of bunkers and tunnels that you can go through. Makes it ALOT easier.

It's the only mission I had any problems with on Veteran, I found it to be very easy after all the hype about how much skill it took to complete. :( Great game though...

And yeah, um..first post! :p

1 thing that annoys me a little about achievements, is that half of them seem like really daft things. I would have thought a large part of them would be just playing through a game and the further you progress the points you get. But having to do one particular thing, which, if you didn't know to do it would probably never do it, it's a bit annoying sometimes.

It's probably just because I've been reading more about Corallis and it seems a lot of people are annoyed by that boss. :|

When I played D-Day, I tried to go over the top of the battle for absolutely ages and just got ripped to pieces. Then, from the start of the level when you reach the top of the cliff, I explored a little to my right and found there to be lots of bunkers and tunnels that you can go through. Makes it ALOT easier.

It's the only mission I had any problems with on Veteran, I found it to be very easy after all the hype about how much skill it took to complete. :( Great game though...

Welcome to the Boards!

I agree I dont see what all the fuss is about with Veteran mode. I dont find it hard ( apart from this D-Day level ) just time consuming. Its a great game though. I am running through the trenches but I keep getting nailed when you have to come back out and run over to the other one. I just read a few different ways to beat it so I will give it a shot.

As for Corallis, I have to agree he is a very annoying boss, funny thing is on CO-OP he is extremely easy as one person distracts him while the other just hits the bombs at him.

Guest Stefkov
1 thing that annoys me a little about achievements, is that half of them seem like really daft things. I would have thought a large part of them would be just playing through a game and the further you progress the points you get. But having to do one particular thing, which, if you didn't know to do it would probably never do it, it's a bit annoying sometimes.

It's probably just because I've been reading more about Corallis and it seems a lot of people are annoyed by that boss. :|

which one is Corallis?

Ah... just looking through the achievements, i am wrong sorry. im talking about queen thyra. i cant remeber which ones they are, im gona do the co-op and try to get an A raknig with my bro again tomorow night maybe.

Guest Jordan

Welcome to the boards WelshDragon :)

Japanese analysts have noted the strong initial shipments of Capcom's Dead Rising for the Xbox 360, and believe that the game's performance is indicative of recent reforms at Capcom USA.

NikkoCitiGroup raised its forecasts for Capcom due in large part to Dead Rising's "brisk repeat business" as well as "reforms at Capcom USA."

According to the investment firm, Capcom shipped 320,000 copies of Dead Rising in its first week(the game launched August 8 in the US), and Capcom has forecasted shipments to reach 450,000 units by today. Based on the game's better-than-expected performance, NikkoCitiGroup upped its fiscal year (ending March 2007) shipment expectations for Dead Rising to 800,000 units from 660,000.

This initial success of Dead Rising outlines the increasingly important role of digitally downloaded demos. NikkoCitiGroup analyst Soichiro Fukuda wrote, "Robust Dead Rising sales suggest the establishment of a successful pattern for US marketing whereby trial version downloads stimulate interest and lead to stronger actual sales." Users downloaded around 300,000 Dead Rising demos over Xbox Live worldwide.

NikkoCitiGroup also expects Capcom's upcoming title Lost Planet for Xbox 360 to utilize trial downloads.

Fukuda speculated that the "healthy sales" of Xbox 360 titles may prompt Capcom to take currently PS3-exclusive titles multi-platform. He wrote, "If that happens, it will give the company a chance to make the most of its PC-based development program, which aims to enhance efficiency by utilizing PCs through the primary stages of development."

Devil May Cry 4 and a version of Monster Hunter are two Capcom titles that have only been announced for PS3.

Fukuda commented further on Xbox 360/PS3 ports, saying, "Capcom will conduct the first 50–60 percent of the PS3 and Xbox 360 development process on PCs, only in the final stages using a development approach that is optimized for either the Xbox 360 or the PS3."

The aforementioned Capcom USA business reforms Fukuda referred to have much to do with Capcom's recently hired North American marketing boss Mark Beaumont. Part of his next-generation strategy is to introduce new IP early on (see Dead Rising and Lost Planet), while still supporting Capcom's catalog of popular franchises. He also places special emphasis on the creation of products with a more global appeal.

NikkoCitiGroup raised its fiscal 2007 earnings forecast for Capcom to 8.2 billion yen ($70.8 million) from 7.8 billion yen ($67.3 million); fiscal 2008 to 10.8 billion yen ($93.2 million) from 9.5 billion yen ($82 million); and fiscal 2009 to 12.5 billion yen ($107.9 million) from 11 billion yen ($95 million).

Next-Gen.Biz

Welcome to the boards! Now change your sig because it's too big :heh:

(or you could could leave it until an admin spots it and asks you to change because I can't be arsed to PM one of the admins saying)

I got every Pac Man achivement but one in a single night.

I'm chuffed.

Congrats, I bet the one your missing is the kill all the ghosts 4 times in a single round?

Right, got to set up my wireless adapter, then back to this bastard in Kameo. Wish me luck.

Good Luck!

Well after playing it all day I finally beat D-Day Veteran mode on CoD2. I really feel like im earning my achievements with this game.

Firstly, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I fecking did it. At last, got past the sod and now feel like I can carry on enjoying the game.

Secondly, that wireless adapter is really easy to set up, everything just connected without me having to do anything more than plug it in. Great.

Yeah it is, it's too much. I'm only one man!

LOL. Its not that bad. What i did was to do the first level and have it on 5 lives. Then just run around the level and when all the ghost are out hang in one of the corners and wait for them all to come near you then eat the pill. Just do this 3 more times and your done. The reason you hav eit on 5 lives is that you may get trapped in the corner as one ghost maybe be too far away for you to eat the pill so just suicide.

I loved Condemned, it is an awesome game. Its going cheap on play.com aswell for those who want to give it a try. I remember I jumped out my skin at the ending.

I wont get rid of it, might play it if I've got nothing else to do. I don't think I get on with games like this and Resi Evil lol.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!