Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a couple of (what I thought were) were very good 360 ads yesterday on TV, one I think was during a basketball show and another was during the new episode of LOST.

They featured no game or console footage at all, the first was of all these folks skipping, but not just normal skipping, they had the maddest skipping skillz you've ever seen in your life. It was cool.

The second ad featured a huge water balloon fight, it shows kids getting hit in the face with them! (kids getting hit is always very funny IMO), plus they throw one at a dog and it yelps!

GAME are sending out emails to the people that have got one for launch day, i placed my order at 6pm on 17th of aug, no email for me.

Looks like a major shortage in uk. :mad:

I know! Alot of people on other forums who preordered on that exact day haven't recieved emails either!

I preordered from Gameplay and have a feeling that they will be sending out emails very soon also!

Don't worry Cheets you will most probably get a email tomorrow, you did place a preorder on the first day possible so you have a VERY good chance!

:smile:

I know! Alot of people on other forums who preordered on that exact day haven't recieved emails either!

I preordered from Gameplay and have a feeling that they will be sending out emails very soon also!

Don't worry Cheets you will most probably get a email tomorrow, you did place a preorder on the first day possible so you have a VERY good chance!

:smile:

i also got a pre-order with gameplay, placed it at the same time as the GAME one, so 2/1 odds :unsure:

In response to the chap above me, here is a catalogue of Jordan's reactions:

On the pad:

Jordan: the joypad

Jordan: its

Jordan: perfect

Jordan: 1, the wireless joypad has rumble

Jordan: 2, i wanted to fuck it

On the console:

Jordan: the conosle

Jordan: its sexy

Jordan: the console looks pretty nice

Jordan: its pretty tall and long

Jordan: and thicker

Jordan: but its not as "grilly" as the XBOX1

On Kameo:

Jordan: Kameo HDR >>>>>>>>>>>> Lost Coast

Jordan: seriously, theres HDR on EVERYTHING

ordan: I WANT IT

Jordan: NOOWOWOWOOW

the magic box reports uk will be getting 500,000 units, where as everyone else is saying 50,000...could it be a typo in the initial statement, or have the-magicbox got the wrond info?

X B O X 3 6 0

- Microsoft informed the shareholders that they will deliver approximately 1,098,200 units of Xbox 360 for the US launch on November 22, and 20% are Core Systems. Most of the shipment will be delivered to Walmart and Best Buy branches, due to the fact that they are the official sponsors for launch. Microsoft expects to sell 3 million units of Xbox 360 in the first 3 months.

- Microsoft is planning to ship 500,000 units of Xbox 360 to UK for the launch on December 2.

- Bungie confirmed that Xbox 360 will be backward compatible with Halo and Halo 2 for Xbox. Both games will have some graphic improvements on Xbox 360, such as better textures, full scene anti-aliasing and higher resolution.

- Taito will release the Xbox 360 flight simulation game Over G: World Airforce in Japan on February 23, 2006, for 7140 yen.

taken from http://www.the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm

found this on the xbox.com forums:

"The company I work for have the contract to ship the xbox 360 into the uk, We have been shipping two lorry loads a day for the last few weeks and will do until release day and beyond. I estimate from this that there will be around 240,000 360s by launch day. "

Just spoke to Gameplay, it seems they have no-idea how many Xbox360's they are getting and get this:

'They won't until 30th November when they are dispatched to the lucky people who preordered early so they get them for Friday 2nd December (Launch-Day)'

So no emails from them concerning if you got one or not! Which kinda dissapoints me as i was hoping to finally get confirmation!

Also the bloke stated the preorders were put up on the site 16th August??? I'm pretty sure it was the 17th! That means i have a whole day of preorders before mine! :sad:

21 DAYS TO GO!!!! :D

i found a bit on www.gamedreamz.com saying

" The day or two has seen a rush of alarm posts stating that Microsoft would only have 50,000 untis available at launch in December! This caused quite a panic, but to clarify it was not necessary.

Seems the whole thing was just a misprint some dingbat made. it's not 50,000 units, it's 500,000 units! I hope that calms you Red Coats down a little."

http://www.gamedreamz.com/index.cgi?m=stories&s=read&id=4877

it has no proof though; the site news can be submitted by nearly anyone.

I'm still not sure, when the news is posted on a respected site, with proof, then i'll believe it.

I hope there are 500K, cuz then there might be a chance of just walking in store to buy one.

Dead Or Alive 4 now delayed till January 13th 2006! Thats ANOTHER game not coming out launch day! :sad:

Read the story over at gamesradar!

Hmmm... Another game off the list

does anyone know what games are going to be released when the xbox comes out ?

Here are some:

Call Of Duty 2

Project Gotham Racing 3

Quake 4

Kameo

Perfect Dark Zero

King Kong

Tony Hawks: American Wasteland

Amped 3 (Not 100% certain)

Condemned (Out November 25th in the UK)

GUN

Tiger Woods: PGA Tour 2006

Need For Speed: Most Wanted

And quite a few sports games, like NBA 2K6, NHL 2K6, NBA Live etc.. etc..

So still not that bad! :D