N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jordan

Thats weird Matt, Far Cry on PC was originally developed to have super good AI in mind... and thats whats achieved only FEAR has surpassed it since.

Picked up Farcry today!

I didn't play it on PC or Xbox, so the game is totally new to me. The gameplay seems pretty nice, and the island is a fun place to have the game take place on. But, unfortunately, what sticks out is that it looks like an Xbox game! There's nothing (apart from the water) that makes the game stand out from the previous generation.

I know this shouldn't matter, and it's the gameplay and story that's important - but all the textures are REALLY low-resolution and the trees and plants (of which there are lots) look frankly embarrasing. Enemys don't react when hit by bullets. All that happens is a small spurt of blood. Hmmm.

But, I'm really looking forward to getting into the game, and I'm sure the multiplayer will be a blast!

farcry instincts predictor contains 2 games,

now Far cry Instincts, is basically a port of the Xbox vr with advance water effects, however the farcry next chapter (which is unlocked after completing farcry instincts, is the new game to which it was built somewhat with he 360 in mind, thus u will have better GFX that will exceed those of the original instincts,

the only criticism that every one has, is the far cry next chapter game is not unlocked at the beginning, thus every one who has played the xbox vr of instincts will have to play the 360 vr in order to unlock the new content ,

I didn't realise that the second part would have better graphics!?!

That seems a bit strange! Oh well. Getting into it, now. But the AI really puts me off quite a bit. I think once you get over the visuals, thats the only thing that really nags at you. And the water really DOES look lovely.

the only criticism that every one has, is the far cry next chapter game is not unlocked at the beginning, thus every one who has played the xbox vr of instincts will have to play the 360 vr in order to unlock the new content ,

That's weak, understandable in a way, but still really weak.

Far Cry for 360, ain't bad at all really!

I agree with the A.I being extremely thick and the foilage being a little rough, but other then that i'm really enjoying it.

Oh and the map editor rocks! Although your only allowed to plant 800 trees/plants and it just isn't enough for the space your allowed!

Overall? I reckon it deserves a 7.5 at least.

:awesome:

I have been playing Blazing Angels today, I loved the demo so I picked the full game up. Its pretty intense on some of the missions with many a plane flying around you. I also like the Ace mode where its you 1-on-1 with a german Ace Pilot you have to try and take him down. Overall so far im really enjoying it even though it does have a bit of screen tearing here and there.

I heard its a pretty long game so I will pick it up when the summer drought is upon us so I can give it the attention it deserves.

yes excatly, however once i get far cry and tomb raider the summer drought will begin for me.