Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox 360 Console Discussion

Stocka

Coca-Cola is teaming up with Microsoft this week to give away £25,000 worth of Xbox 360 Microsoft Points. As in, they're free.

The partnership will see three million points given away via a Happiness Factory promotion on Xbox Live - and it's 'first come, first served'.

360 users will be whisked off to the Coke Zone site where they can register for their points and then spend them on lots of nice Xbox things, like videos or games.

computerandvideogames.com

Edited by Dante

• Replies 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you guys heard of the Jasper chip that's in he new 360, and how is not ment to ever get the RROD, will bad news. My friend has already seen one. EPIC FAIL MS

Mr.A

Except that Microsoft have never said that any chipset will never get the RROD, just that it won't be as common.

Double Post:

Just found all the collectables in Kameo. I think I'll play through it again at some point - it's a very good game, it just has a few problems:

The game pushes you along the story a bit too much. While a sense of urgency is good, it's a bit too much in the game...you never really get the chance to explore until after the game (and it's actually quite nice to hear people thanking you for saving the kingdom), there are also a few long, dull puzzles (and one of the booss fights), such as the Ogre one (I really hated that one).

It also could have done with some side-quests that involved multiple people and multiple regions. Still, it's a good game and using all the different elemental warriors is good fun (although I wish that the gecko one seen in the GameCube version was still in the final game).

Edited by Cube

Guest Jordan

Seeing as there are no new notable 360 games out in April. Does anyone want to do an achievement/completion-thon of old games that they have, but never finished? That's what i'm doing! :)

Riddick's out. Should be good.

Guaranteed to be good, seeing as it includes an upgraded Escape From Butcher Bay.

I also fully expect the price of The Wheelman to drop like a stone — Ubi Soft are publishing it — so you should all buy that for a Vin-tacular month.

I probably will do -- I'll be entering my 13-month Live code soon so I'll probably be skeeting around here, begging for people to give me a chance to get some older game's online achievements...

I have also just recently bought an Xbox, and going through the older games. I have absolutely fallen in love with Project Gotham Racing 4. Its incredible, it reminds me of the PS2 Gran Turismo's.

@Jordan (oh god I've become twitterified), Definitely up for that. Achievements agogo baby!

Curses, I've lost the bit at the end of the controller that connects the round connection to the usb. I can't seem to find them around on the internet, irritating as I imagine it'd be quite cheap to replace Anyone know where I can find these or what they're called?

Finally a date has been set!

Atari has announced plans to bring Namco Bandai's Xbox 360-exclusive Tales of Vesperia to Europe in June.

The latest in the long-running RPG series puts you in the role of Yuri Lowell, a former Imperial Knight, who lives on the planet of Terca Lumireis, where the people exist in an uneasy bubble of protection afforded to them by the Empire's control of an ancient technology, "blastia".

As you'd imagine, Yuri "will explore the complex relationship between blastia, the government and its people, setting foot outside the safe confines of the cities to explore a mysterious and dangerous world", according to Atari.

Then he will of course do some punching, using an upgraded version of the Tales of the Abyss real-time battle system, which now includes encounter-linking (bringing roaming enemies into battle) along with the old surprise encounter system, and special objectives within boss fights.

You will be able to chain together attacks, deliver commands to others in your party as you fight, and take advantage of Fatal Strikes, Burst Artes and a multistage Overlimit (see Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Symphonia). Later you can do some cooking, which is something of a series mainstay.

Tales of Vesperia has been out since last August in Japan, where it made a decent impression on the charts and picked up some impressive scores (35/40 in Famitsu), and also came out in the US around the same time, doing likewise.

For some reason we didn't take a look at it at the time, which is unlike us. Why else did we buy that US Xbox 360? We'll grab a copy soon and let you know what we reckon.

@Jordan (oh god I've become twitterified), Definitely up for that. Achievements agogo baby!

Curses, I've lost the bit at the end of the controller that connects the round connection to the usb. I can't seem to find them around on the internet, irritating as I imagine it'd be quite cheap to replace Anyone know where I can find these or what they're called?

....you're using wired controllers? Also, couldn't you just... find it? It can't be far away.

^ was wonder if or when that'd get a mention. Watched it last night and it's disgusting to say the least that Microsoft will not replace discs if the console has done the scratching and it has not come about as a result of moving the machine. The machine shouldn't be able to do it in the first place. Gonna be interesting though to see what happens with the US court case about this very subject cause I don't think Microsoft have a leg to stand on with a machine that clearly has a fault. If their not careful, this kind of lawsuit might start popping up elsewhere.

So I looked on the web and ebay and have been unable to get hold of a breakaway cable. I then call Xbox Support to see if there's anything they can do about it and all I get is "Buy a new controller" before being hung up on. Fucking angry.

So I looked on the web and ebay and have been unable to get hold of a breakaway cable. I then call Xbox Support to see if there's anything they can do about it and all I get is "Buy a new controller" before being hung up on. Fucking angry.

PM me your address and i'll send you one :)

FINALLY managed to bag a copy of Battle Fantasia the other night and it arrived this morning. Its pretty sweet actually, not a patch on SFIV but still a really enjoyable beat 'em up. Anyone else got it? Its had a really limited release here and its a shame because it would be great to be able to find a match online but there's no-one out there!!!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!